The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

27 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've never seen some many fans have such a blind spot for a player than I've seen when it comes to Grealish. He's a good player and very important for us, but the bottom line is that he has to improve his output for a player who plays in his position, there's really no other reasonable way to look at him as a player. 

I'd play Hourihane instead

22 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Fair enough, I don’t think he’s declined enough in quality that he’s gone from a player who a Champions League team bid £25m for to a player who a team like Burnley wouldn’t take a punt on, but each to their own!

If Spurs wanted him they would have met our demands as in this day and age for a team in the Champions League £35m isn't that much,  Levy was just doing what Doug would do back in the day when under pressure placing bids he knew would be rejected as Spurs probably are a bit low on funds because of their new stadium.  Because if a champions league team really wanted him they would have got him in the end by stumping up the cash we wanted on deadline day.

I really hope Grealish comes good and repays all his fans faith in him.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've never seen some many fans have such a blind spot for a player than I've seen when it comes to Grealish. He's a good player and very important for us, but the bottom line is that he has to improve his output for a player who plays in his position, there's really no other reasonable way to look at him as a player. 

He is very easy on the eye, but despite him being very good at some things, he is not so good at others.

If a player, any player is ineffective, you have to question their being....its a team game and you have to have 11 at it,to stand any chance of promotion in this league.

I like Jack and last season he was an edge for us, now he is looking more like a luxury player....He needs to get his edge back.

I have no idea, what is wrong and can only speculate.....but he looks like a player, not putting the work in behind the scenes, to me.

He needs to hurt teams and he is not.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Grealish has that arrogance and languid style that gives me a real lift every time he gets the ball. I have always been a big fan, but I do think his career has stalled.

It is disappointing, but I hope he will progress under the new coaches.

A bit of a stunner for him, to be subbed yesterday, but hopefully that will galvanise him when he realises he is not a shoo in on every team sheet.

24 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

On current form I think hourihane deserves a chance to start ahead of Grealish. He'd be more effective coming from the bench with his current style off play anyway imo. 

Its not an easy one.

Jack has a first touch, some of the others can only dream about, he carries the ball well (at times), he has a great feel for a weighted pass, generally he is comfortable on the ball, few in this division are.....( he has to do more with the other necessary attributes, that contribute to being the complete player)

but,

at the moment we are not capitalising from it, I am hoping DS can help.

ps Jack has to play his way through this sticky spell.

Edited by TRO

Grealish always has to start for me. He is still a class act. As I mentioned before unless he looks amazing it’s easy to think he is not playing well because he has set his own standard so high.

I personally think it’s ridiculous to suggest he should be dropped.

edit: Unless it’s tactical rotation. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No chance, Grealish is still one of our most important players, Hourihane has a role to play but he's really not all that good outside of set pieces.

Agree about Grealish but not about Hourihane.  He is a decent player that will play his part in a long season. Probably starting Tuesday with Mcgin out. Shows our strength in that position that he can’t get a start.

59 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I think this shows both Smith and Grealish in a positive light. I get the feeling they will work well together. 

Fantastic from Smith, glad he can spot it, unlike some of our fans lol! Grealish will benefit massively under this regime.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

So if someone got on the end of his freekick yesterday and he gets an assist does that mean his performance is now miles better? 

2-0 would have made a massive difference to the game so it would have helped.

Someone has to score and/or hit the crucial final ball in order to get points/win games. We have scored 21 goals this season, He has only been directly involved in the final 2 steps of one of those and has failed to score.

23 hours ago, bobzy said:

This does a huge disservice to Elmo, who calls for the pass from Grealish and takes a touch to allow room to hit a cross immediately.  It's great play from him.

Yeah that's quite a strange dig at Elmo from v4e there. I think elmo's done really well for that goal.

On 20/10/2018 at 20:14, villa4europe said:

for those who havent seen the goal or only saw it during the game

its subtle and doesnt look like much but watch it again, if hourihane is on the pitch rather than jack that goal doesn't happen, no stat for it but he's played a key part, elmo actually stops moving and then takes a shit touch taking him the wrong way but he'll get a stat which makes everyone happy

Is this a joke? This goal was all Elmo from when he did his man to receiving the return pass and putting in a peach of a cross. 

I love Jack and he did the right thing retuning the ball. But there was so much left too do it’s ridiculous to give Jack any real credit for that goal. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is this a joke? This goal was all Elmo from when he did his man to receiving the return pass and putting in a peach of a cross. 

I love Jack and he did the right thing retuning the ball. But there was so much left too do it’s ridiculous to give Jack any real credit for that goal. 

Agree, it was a reasonably simple pass and whilst it was well weighted and found its target, do we think if the roles were reversed anyone would be congratulating Elmo and downplaying Grealish’s role in the goal?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Grealish has that arrogance and languid style that gives me a real lift every time he gets the ball. I have always been a big fan, but I do think his career has stalled.

It is disappointing, but I hope he will progress under the new coaches.

A bit of a stunner for him, to be subbed yesterday, but hopefully that will galvanise him when he realises he is not a shoo in on every team sheet.

It will be a bit of stunner for him - but he will take comfort in the fact that if DS doesn't rate him - plenty of other clubs will be happy to take him off our hands

Â