The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Sorry about getting his height wrong.  there are wingers who are good at heading the ball but at 5'10" heading is probably not something that will be a big part of his game. it will probably be shrugged off rather than "noted".

however, it's not the timing side of the heading that is most concerning, it's the choice of header. decision-making.  the co-commentators and the MOTD pundits always say "head it down."

Am I the only one who remembers this? It's a mantra.

It's only one shot and he probably thought the keeper was in a good position to save it if he headed it down, however it could have gone through his legs or he could got a rebound off the keeper.

heading down into the ground is the best way to get headers on target. 

I would have thought the best way to get headers on target is with your forehead straight into the goal. This into the ground thing seems like nonsense, it always looks more like a mistimed header to me. If deliberate, it seems much more of a gamble than directing the ball straight into the target.

Has it really come to this?

Debating the virtues of how to head a ball at goal off the back of a missed opportunity in a Wolves vs Notts County match in League one?

Slooooooooooow week eh??

For the record though however the ball ends up in the net is the right way, whether up down left or right

• Like 1

the guy who got sent off - Spencer - didn't play in the previous game when they had a guy sent off. he wasn't even on the subs bench because he was signed during the last transfer window. a 22-year-old striker from Huddersfield.

Huddersfield must have known what they were doing because they signed Lolley to replace him!

Waste of a good performance for Jack. must be exasperated. He cannot do anything more than score one and set up the second but the team lost so the performance counts for nothing.

the guy who got sent off - Spencer - didn't play in the previous game when they had a guy sent off. he wasn't even on the subs bench because he was signed during the last transfer window. a 22-year-old striker from Huddersfield.

Huddersfield must have known what they were doing because they signed Lolley to replace him!

Waste of a good performance for Jack. must be exasperated. He cannot do anything more than score one and set up the second but the team lost so the performance counts for nothing.

Counts for nothing for County. I'm only concerned about Jack's development as a player and a goal and an assist tell me he is developing and the experience is doing him good. 

Â