The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, blunther said:

A request: I think a while ago when it looked like we were losing our jack someone on here did the maths on points per game with and without him in the championship and we had more PPG when he wasn’t playing. Don’t suppose anyone has them to hand...? It surprised me and I just mentioned it to a mate who was also surprised so would be nice to give the stats as a whole. 

Doesn't include this season but would actually be even worse if it did.

All he does is hold onto the ball to try to get fouled & when he doesn't he just gives the ball away.

We should have taken the money, He is dogshit.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

He's had a poor start to the season, but he's clearly an incredibly gifted footballer. I think it's fair to say that to justify that £25m+ price tag, he ought to be able to dominate games at this level, and he's completely failed to do that so far. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's had a poor start to the season, but he's clearly an incredibly gifted footballer. I think it's fair to say that to justify that £25m+ price tag, he ought to be able to dominate games at this level, and he's completely failed to do that so far. 

This is pretty much spot on. Much more to come from him.

'Dogshit' is just absurd hyberbole that isn't worth engaging with.

updated to include this season which now make a full seasons worth of 46 games he has started and both the win percentage & points per game are going down.

His 1 assist from a corner in 7 games this season has made a huge difference...

Of the 46 games he has started We have Won 18 Drawn 15 & Lost 13 (39.13% win percentage) 1.50 points per game

Of the 65 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 24 Drawn 20 & Lost 21 (36.92% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

In the 34 games he played no part in at all We have Won 18 Drawn 9 & Lost 7 (52.94% win percentage) 1.85 points per game

Have said many times that he is part of the problem, not part of the solution but he's a Villa fan with floppy hair who runs around a lot so people love him.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Doesn't include this season but would actually be even worse if it did.

All he does is hold onto the ball to try to get fouled & when he doesn't he just gives the ball away.

We should have taken the money, He is dogshit.

Thanks for finding this - I disagree on the dogshit point but kind of you to dig t out. And thanks also to LakotaDakota for the graft in putting it together!

edit: just noticed you are LakotaDakota! Sorry, had a tot tonight (don’t we all need it!)

Edited by blunther

26 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

updated to include this season which now make a full seasons worth of 46 games he has started and both the win percentage & points per game are going down.

His 1 assist from a corner in 7 games this season has made a huge difference...

Of the 46 games he has started We have Won 18 Drawn 15 & Lost 13 (39.13% win percentage) 1.50 points per game

Of the 65 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 24 Drawn 20 & Lost 21 (36.92% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

In the 34 games he played no part in at all We have Won 18 Drawn 9 & Lost 7 (52.94% win percentage) 1.85 points per game

Have said many times that he is part of the problem, not part of the solution but he's a Villa fan with floppy hair who runs around a lot so people love him.

Had a feeling the stats would look something like that.

He kind of stifles us, oddly. Which is weird considering he is by far and away our most valuable and talented player.

29 minutes ago, blunther said:

Thanks for finding this - I disagree on the dogshit point but kind of you to dig t out. And thanks also to LakotaDakota for the graft in putting it together!

edit: just noticed you are LakotaDakota! Sorry, had a tot tonight (don’t we all need it!)

No problem. Just to give you something to compare it to as Hourihane has also played a part in exactly as many games (this is updated to include this season/today). This is not a small sample that picks & chooses games. It is every single championship game & includes people coming on as last minute subs when we are 2 up etc.

Grealish - Of the 65 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 24 Drawn 20 & Lost 21 (36.92% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

Hourihane - Of the 65 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 31 Drawn 14 & Lost 20 (47.69% win percentage) 1.64 points per game

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

No problem. Just to give you something to compare it to as Hourihane has also played a part in exactly as many games (this is updated to include this season/today). This is not a small sample that picks & chooses games. It is every single championship game & includes people coming on as last minute subs when we are 2 up etc.

Grealish - Of the 65 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 24 Drawn 20 & Lost 21 (36.92% win percentage) 1.41 points per game

Hourihane - Of the 65 games he has played any part in at all We have Won 31 Drawn 14 & Lost 20 (47.69% win percentage) 1.64 points per game

Hard to believe, trying to work out how that might be. I wonder is it just Connors goal threat and Grealishs lack there of because in general play Grealish offers so much more even from a defensive point of view. 

Those stats have really bamboozled me! 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

This season, yep, that's absolutely fair. 

He's not getting involved enough but he just needs a goal I think, seems a bit low on confidence. 

Watched him with interest today.

Remembering the stuff in the summer and the price tags being thrown about, some saying he is better then Dele Ali and worth more then James Maddison. 

Imo he is talented yes, but he is 23 now, no longer a teenager. Over 100 career games, Premier league experience.

If he is as good as some think then he should be really dominating games at this level, he should be taking games by the balls and making stuff happen. 

He doesnt seem to do that, certainly didnt today. 

The best players at this level raise those around them or make the difference themselves.

Can blame Bruce, his teammates etc.

Grealish has a great work ethic, but his impact on games isnt good enough for the hype.

(Football fans opinion, not a Leeds fan).

• Like 2

Anyone think if the management and team were better, ALL of them, including him would be better?

It can't be motivating having nobody else on the same wavelength as you and in space when you find it anyway.

I'm not willing to give him shite under current conditions sorry.

That would be almost like admitting every player we have bought over the past 2 seasons magically turn to shite and it has nothing to do with Bruce.

• Like 1

Â