The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 26/08/2018 at 19:55, A'Villan said:

The only 3 players to go to the WC 2018 for England from clubs outside the top 4 were the 3 goalkeepers. Grealish never stood a chance playing for Villa.

Harry Maguire and Jamie Vardy say Hi ;)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

What is it with people coming out and spitting crap about Jack Grealish.

Paul Lambert is the newest one to spit about Jack, that he will leave the club. They are just doing there best to get it in the media so it reaches jack and get him thinking about it. I think they are doing it just to create tension in villa, I mean there is no other reason for talking about Jack at all, unless it's to cause unrest.

If they can't beat him on the field, they are trying to be dirty in other ways and it's very annoying because they can not just let it go and just wait for jack to make those decisions and moves for himself, it's like they think they can think for him..

Edited by Dave-R

Anyone know the words to the new song fans were singing about him? It was to the tune of American Pie and involved lines similar to Levy taking Jack to the cashpoint but his bank account was dry and Grealish being Villa till he dies.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Difficult circumstances but he was very poor yesterday, not for the first time this season. He hasn't brought the best of himself yet and he's not showing premier league quality to say the least.

Agree. Seems to me that Elmo does little to occupy the opposition, and Whelan has company already in what seems to be a positionally restrained McGinni - in the same way CH was when he arrived. Throw in the fact that a Kodja is a mile away, and Jack is too easily doubled up on.

It was noticeable how much more effective he looked once CH supplemented the midfield from out right, and Kodja occupied them on the left.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agree. Seems to me that Elmo does little to occupy the opposition, and Whelan has company already in what seems to be a positionally restrained McGinni - in the same way CH was when he arrived. Throw in the fact that a Kodja is a mile away, and Jack is too easily doubled up on.

It was noticeable how much more effective he looked once CH supplemented the midfield from out right, and Kodja occupied them on the left.

I think he could do with watching James Maddison play. For me he's holding onto the ball too long and playing the wrong passes to often.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he could do with watching James Maddison play. For me he's holding onto the ball too long and playing the wrong passes to often.

Again, I agree.

But without wishing to bash dear old Brucie, I think the way we set up means he has to hold on to the ball a lot to wait for options. Many of the sides we play against have more running off the ball. So noticeable yesterday how many times a United player would receive the ball, swivel, pass virtually behind themselves, and find a man - they weren’t looking first, they just knew there would be people there. 

Jack virtually has to play like a Sat Nav.

Edited by terrytini
Replaced ‘volley’ with ‘virtually’.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Difficult circumstances but he was very poor yesterday, not for the first time this season. He hasn't brought the best of himself yet and he's not showing premier league quality to say the least.

Said in mcginn thread. Bruce said he was carrying an injury with mcginn and kodj

On 02/09/2018 at 17:52, Dr_Pangloss said:

I know when it looked like Grealish was going to be sold people were saying if Maddison went for £25m then Grealish was worth at least £30m. Having seen Maddison a few times this season, he looks a snip at that price. They are different types of player, but Maddison has been having a real influence on games in the PL. For all of Jack's obvious talent, I still think there is a question mark about his effectiveness.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A request: I think a while ago when it looked like we were losing our jack someone on here did the maths on points per game with and without him in the championship and we had more PPG when he wasn’t playing. Don’t suppose anyone has them to hand...? It surprised me and I just mentioned it to a mate who was also surprised so would be nice to give the stats as a whole. 

Edited by blunther

Â