The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Some parallels with their attempts to take Benteke. Dicked around, tried unsettling tactics, wouldn't pay the fee to get him, player signs double-money much improved contract with release clause and cracks on.

Hopefully, the long term outcome is somewhat different for us, however.

The immediate result is very much the same, though. **** off Spuds, you peacocking, win-nothing small-timers and **** off Levy, you Poundland Alan Sugar wannabe.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I guess spurs wont be giving us any players any time soon!

Villa should be taking legal action against wise for him encouraging and trying to unsettle grealish

The world does not revolve around Spurs.....they have to look after their business and do.....we have to look after our business.....and as of now, looks like we do.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

The world does not revolve around Spurs.....they have to look after their business and do.....we have to look after our business.....and as of now, looks like we do.

The world doesn’t revolve around Spurs.......!? Shocking TRO, you’d better not let SSN hear that kind of blasphemy. 

• Haha 1

Are we now planning on ignoring FFP? I'm a tad baffled as to how we are managing this. Rumours are we are giving Jack a new deal and making him our highest paid player. If that's true he will be on over £50k per week. It seems like we are gambling again like we did last year on getting promotion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

Are we now planning on ignoring FFP? I'm a tad baffled as to how we are managing this. Rumours are we are giving Jack a new deal and making him our highest paid player. If that's true he will be on over £50k per week. It seems like we are gambling again like we did last year on getting promotion.

We are renaming a blade of grass at VP to the Adidas Blade for £50m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I can see Onomah coming good one day for them, maybe even this season. Seems to me he is a very different kind of player from Grealish though.

Can you?? I couldn’t stand him at all. So ridiculously lazy and I couldn’t figure out what he was actually good at. Nowhere near Tottenham standard and I don’t think he ever will be. He will fizzle and go to Reading or something. 

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

It does appear to be a bit of a "We'll see where we are in January" situation If FFP doesn't need sorting until march.

If we look like going up i imagine more will be spent and if we get a fine then so be it. I'm sure they could afford decent enough lawyers to show that any overspend is due to new multi-billionaire owners wanting to spend a little to ensure that get things right for the future of the club. If we have ballsed it up and floundering around 14th or something i think we will be having the biggest car-boot sale ever and start again next year

Edited by LakotaDakota

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Can you?? I couldn’t stand him at all. So ridiculously lazy and I couldn’t figure out what he was actually good at. Nowhere near Tottenham standard and I don’t think he ever will be. He will fizzle and go to Reading or something. 

Not sure he'll be good enough for Spurs but I think he'll be a good player.

I think a lot of opinions of his Villa time are skewed by a few bad games. He started and finished the season very well here.

I'd happily have him back here for another season (but preferably as a totally separate transfer from this one :D )

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

It does appear to be a bit of a "We'll see where we are in January" situation If FFP doesn't need sorting until march.

If we look like going up i imagine more will be spent and if we get a fine then so be it. I'm sure they could afford decent enough lawyers to show that any overspend is due to new multi-billionaire owners wanting to spend a little to ensure that get things right for the future of the club. If we have ballsed it up and floundering around 14th or something i think we will be having the biggest car-boot sale ever and start again next year

Personally I'm very nervous about where we are going at the moment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He is young, he played well for us at times. I can see him coming good. I can also see him fizzling like you say mind. But it looks like Spurs is gonna find out this season, they dont have choice now do they?  :)

Â