The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Huge News

Aston Villa transfer news EXCLUSIVE: Jack Grealish to sign new deal - but with key clause

ASTON VILLA are keeping hold of Jack Grealish – and the club will reward him with a bumper new deal.

By Dave Armitage / Published 9th August 2018

GETTY

Aston Villa transfer news: Jack Grealish will sign a new contract with the club

The 22-year-old playmaker will be offered a new contract that will make him the highest paid player at the club after seeing the door slammed on a £25m move to Tottenham.

Grealish is said to be upset at suggestions that he was about to cut up rough after seeing a dream move to the Premier League shattered.

He’s reported for training as normal and is ready to try and achieve that with Villa this season – and then be allowed to jump ship next summer if Steve Bruce’s men fail to get back up.

Villa are ready to offer a lucrative new deal that will see him more than double his current £20,000 a week deal which has two years to run.

RELATED ARTICLES

Tottenham transfer news: Jack Grealish will NOT force his way out of Aston Villa

Aston Villa transfer news: Deals Steve Bruce could to do before today's 5pm deadline

Transfer deadline day: 10 odds-on deals that look certain to go through

Grealish has been in constant close talks with Bruce who has been acting like a father figure to him over Tottenham’s moves to lure him away.

Bruce knows that Grealish was keen to move to Mauricio Pochettino’s men with the lure of Champions League football and getting a massive stage to showcase his talents.

The Villa boss has been sympathetic of Grealish’s plight and the midfielder has promised to focus on the task of helping Villa win promotion after lengthy discussions yesterday.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy’s hard-bargain waiting game looks to have blown up in his face.

GETTY

Aston Villa are ready to double Jack Grealish's pay

GETTY

Aston Villa looked set to lose Jack Grealish after losing the play-off final

Spurs were hoping to land Grealish on the cheap as Villa were engulfed by a financial crisis which put them on the brink of administration, tabling an derisory initial offer of £3m plus Josh Onomah.

But as Levy held out, the Championship outfit were suddenly rescued by massive financial investment in the form of Egyptian tycoon Nassef Sawiris and American high roller Wes Edens.

Sawiris immediately made it clear that he didn’t want to sell the club’s prize asset at any price.

Sources close to Grealish say he was disappointed after being given the impression that he would have to be sold off before as Villa’s cash crisis engulfed the club.

ASTON VILLA FC

Aston Villa were offered former loan man Josh Onomah by Spurs

Tottenham is 'not the place' for Jack Grealish says McBride

Play Video

But he’s always been completely split on walking away from the club where he is hero-worshipped and was always going to leave with a heavy heart.

He is now expected to sign a bumper new four-year contract which could include a clause allowing him to leave next summer if Villa miss out on promotion for a second time.

Grealish was one of the key players in a season which saw them miss-out in the Championship final at Wembley.

GETTY

Aston Villa could lose Jack Grealish if they don't go up this season

GETTY

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce is delighted to have Grealish still on board

Bruce is delighted he’s got his main man on board for another season describing him as Villa’s best player by “a country distance.”

The Villa boss, who enjoyed a trophy-laden playing career at Manchester United, has stressed all along to Grealish that he’s totally aware of the situation he finds himself in and has tried his level best to advise him accordingly.

Grealish’s main torment has come from upsetting fans at the club where he has such a special affinity.

Spoiler

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Surely you need a licence to become a print journalist

Lots of potential libel here, for all his failts im sure MON sued some when here

its cute wording, nothing more

"according to sources" "i understand" "people close to the player" or "people within the club" means they can print what they want

reporters privilege, not sure on this country but its an actual law in the states

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

And the best thing is he wont be joining Spurs next summer because they aint getting top 4 this season ?

i think they will, unless chelsea or arsenal's new manager is some sort of genuis i dont see either of them finishing above spurs

To be fair he naturally will be disappointed. Let's be honest it would have been a life changing move for him, more money, Premier League, Champions League etc. Having said that, it doesn't mean he's unhappy to stay.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its cute wording, nothing more

"according to sources" "i understand" "people close to the player" or "people within the club" means they can print what they want

reporters privilege, not sure on this country but its an actual law in the states

Its the same here, news outlets can get away with with wildly misleading headlines (generating clicks) if they claim it was a quote. I saw one on vaping a while ago where the headline was "vaping worse for you than smoking" and the article seemed to imply the total opposite of that, looked into it and apparently they spoke to someone there who wasn't even affiliated with the study and they gave them the quote, even the authors of the study came out and said that's not what it showed but to this day when people see me vaping they will tell me its worse than smoking 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Happy he will be offered a new deal. Not so happy about the apparent clause that he can leave next year if we don't get promoted. But... guess it depends on the fee.

Let's get promoted! 

I think its fair and I'm sure the clause is a big amount.

If we don't get promoted we don't deserve to keep him, if Premier League clubs still want him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVFC44 said:

To be fair he naturally will be disappointed. Let's be honest it would have been a life changing move for him, more money, Premier League, Champions League etc. Having said that, it doesn't mean he's unhappy to stay.

IF he is the superstar that people claim then that option will still be there in 12 months time if he wants it

1 minute ago, weedman said:

Its the same here, news outlets can get away with with wildly misleading headlines (generating clicks) if they claim it was a quote. I saw one on vaping a while ago where the headline was "vaping worse for you than smoking" and the article seemed to imply the total opposite of that, looked into it and apparently they spoke to someone there who wasn't even affiliated with the study and they gave them the quote, even the authors of the study came out and said that's not what it showed but to this day when people see me vaping they will tell me its worse than smoking 

legaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiize it! ?

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Happy he will be offered a new deal. Not so happy about the apparent clause that he can leave next year if we don't get promoted. But... guess it depends on the fee.

Let's get promoted! 

I think three seasons in the Championship is enough for a player like Jack. He's better than this. If we don't get promoted, I'd wish him all the best and let him go. For a decent price though of course!

• Like 1

Â