The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I was originally, as early as this week I was told it’s still likely he’ll go. For weeks I’ve been told 99% likely he will go, it dropped to 90% when we got brought and 75% the start of this week. 

I was told at the start of the week that Levy would bid on Deadline day as he thought FFP would force our hand. He bid yesterday £25m which we told him to double. 

Levy said “no way”, we said “end of convo”. That’s right £50m, I was told it was over last night tbh.

Absolutely shocking from Levy who tried to low ball Xia. All he had to do was pay £25 4 weeks ago and it would have gone through within hours. 

Jack is disappointed but not to the extent he’s distraught or will put in a transfer request.

Put yourself in his shoes, you’re told you have to be sold and then you pick your destination and harden your heart effectively say your goodbyes and then bang it all falls apart. He loves the Villa his family do to, but Spurs sold themselves to him, he met Pochettino was told he was very much in the first team picture. Offered double the wages, CL football and NT interest. It’s tumbled on all summer, they’ve been looking at houses etc a right faff. 

Not that we’re traditionally much smaller than Spurs (we’re as big as traditionally imo) but currently it’s a bit like driving a Saxo to a Ferrari garage test driving it and saying yeah I’ll take it only to find your denied credit because some **** cloned your card and safety measures have kicked in. 

He’ll be alright and get over it, but if we don’t go up this year he will request a move because he has to for his long term progression & ambition. 

Anyway personally I’m pleased I love Jack down the Villa, let’s get over this and get back to the PL, UTV

You seem to have gotten very angry and shouty whilst typing that, are you Jack Grealish? ;)

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I

Not that we’re traditionally much smaller than Spurs (we’re as big as traditionally imo) but currently it’s a bit like driving a Saxo to a Ferrari garage test driving it and saying yeah I’ll take it only to find your denied credit because some **** cloned your card and safety measures have kicked in.

What does this mean?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Spurs and Pochettino can't meet the player until we accept a bid so that's surely bollocks?

Wouldn't that be tapping up?

I beleive it's fine with the blessing of the club to speed things along while the fee negotiation happens. I'm fairly sure we'd agreed personal terms with the new left back were signing before the fee was agreed. 

I guess we knew we were selling Jack for peanuts, so we let him talk to the club while we were trying to eke another million out of Levy's first derogatory offer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chappy said:

Of course SSN want to drag this one out so they have content to fill tomorrow before the window slams shut

They also have some bets to try and scam their way into getting. Every time they ram the whole "Grealish is disillusioned and upset" shit there are people that get more and more tempted to bet on him leaving with Skybet. 

• Like 3

Told you a few weeks ago never trust a fairy. Especially one in boots.

I reckon he probably is a little upset he hasn’t got the move. It’s a massive opportunity for him. But this is life. He is 23 with many years ahead of him. If he continues to improve and really shows what he is worth there will be more than Spurs trying to sign him. Plus a club that really want him will actually offer what we think he is worth instead of messing about. 

I think people are thinking to much of grealish here. You expect the guy not to be a tad bit frustrated? Play for a team in CL with a better squad world class players and a a quality new stadium? You also think he won't be frustrated he can earn twice what he earns here?

He is going to be annoyed and frustrated I think. I don't think it's to the level of that report but if it was the guy woukd be a total rocket polisher to the club that gave him his opportunity. 

But again i don't think it's to that extent

Edited by Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think people are thinking to much of grealish here. You expect the guy not to be a tad bit frustrated? Play for a team in CL with a better squad world class players and a a quality new stadium? You also think he won't be frustrated he can earn twice what he earns here?

He is going to be annoyed and frustrated I think. I don't think it's to the level of that report but if it was the guy woukd be a total rocket polisher to the club that gave him his opportunity. 

But again i don't think it's to that extent

Understand frustration with the situation in general. Sure he’s got his hopes up, but when it blows over he’ll understand the clubs stance surely.

it’s not Villa to blame here as being reported. We need to do what’s best for the club. Its Levy and Spurs who’re the problem. It’s not like spurs have offered £30-40 million, they’ve low balled all summer. Finally offereing £25 million and made up of a load of add ons (probs). It’s not like they’ve said you’re one of our main targets and we’re going to do all we can to bring you here and the Villa have refused to do business.

FWIW I still think if totteringham come in with a improved bid that mets our valuation they’d get him. Balls in Levy’s court. 

Besides he’s still liking villa insta posts, like McGinn signing, so he can’t be to pissed. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Understand frustration with the situation in general. Sure he’s got his hopes up, but when it blows over he’ll understand the clubs stance surely.

it’s not Villa to blame here as being reported. We need to do what’s best for the club. Its Levy and Spurs who’re the problem. It’s not like spurs have offered £30-40 million, they’ve low balled all summer. Finally offereing £25 million and made up of a load of add ons. It’s not like they’ve said you’re one of our main targets and we’re going to do all we can to bring you here and the Villa have refused to do business.

FWIW I still think if totteringham come in with a improved bid that mets our valuation they’d get him. Balls in Levy’s court. 

Besides he’s still liking villa insta posts, like McGinn signing, so he can’t be to pissed. 

Totally agree its spurs not villa. If they really wanted him they would bid the 30m we want. Why has it taken them the day before the window shuts to make a bid? Clowns of the highest order.

Can’t wait for the window to shut and for Jack to come out and say ‘This is MY club, given the choice it’s no contest. My first option is to always stay here’

*wink*

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 1

The emotional roller coaster for him  and the financial stability of the club have not being running in a correlated fashion.

Its easy to understand he was deemed the sacrificial lamb for a set of circumstances he was not responsible for.....I guess he has resigned himself to going to Spurs and developed a positive approach to it.

Along come new owners, who have their own agenda and pull his world asunder.....but thats their prerogative as much as Jacks emotions are his.

He will get over this......We all have set backs in our lives and they are soon washed away like the tide....every cloud has a silver lining is a truism.

Wolves meteoric rise, came from nowhere, ours could too.....He will be OK in a few weeks.

its been reported , he will never sign a new contract with us again.....He has 2 years left, which we probably envisage he will be gone after, so if Villa choose to improve it.....He will be a pratt not to sign that ineviatble increase.

best to let the dust settle Jack.

49 minutes ago, Dave J said:

He has form for this - ask the baggies  

Obviously BErahino has turned out to be a dick but he turned his head so much that he hasnt recovered his potential he had

• Like 1

Â