The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gutted-jack-grealish-vows-run-13052388

Jack Grealish has told Aston Villa he will never sign another contract with them after they dashed his Champions League dreams and left him heartbroken.

Grealish expected to land a lucrative switch to Tottenham this summer, allowing him to compete with the cream of Europe as they have already qualified for the group stages that begin next month.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Yeah maybe so, i just think if they come up with a silly offer then we will accept as it makes business sense. Obviously i am enjoying the fact we are telling them where to go. Spurs are desperate in a sense, they have failed so far to nick Jack from us and they are going to look silly. They will come back in tomorrow im sure of it, will they panic and meet our demands... if not F**k off is the message from Sawiris . 

Couldn't agree more, if he wasn't for sale at any price they would have said that last week. Had spurs came straight in with £30m he probably would have been gone, but some of the reports (i read earlier £3m plus Onamah) are embarrassing. So again, i wonder if the owners have got to the point where they are just thinking 'you're taking the piss'.

I don't imagine multi billionaires are bullied into a corner by some prat like D Levy. 

This Champions League team bollcks makes me laugh. They could play 3 fixtures and get bombed out, he may not play in any of them. Then they go back to finishing 5th or 6th, as could easily happen, especially with a transfer budget of £1.47 and some Tesco vouchers. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Couldn't agree more, if he wasn't for sale at any price they would have said that last week. Had spurs came straight in with £30m he probably would have been gone, but some of the reports (i read earlier £3m plus Onamah) are embarrassing. So again, i wonder if the owners have got to the point where they are just thinking 'you're taking the piss'.

I don't imagine multi billionaires are bullied into a corner by some prat like D Levy. 

He has form for this - ask the baggies  

The biggest problem with these suggestions that he's had a promise broken that he could leave is that they were based on us needing to raise funds for the club, surely he'd realise after the takeover that was no longer the case? Why would he be upset now when it would've been clear we'd reject offers since the takeover?

Just now, av1 said:

Yeah 100 % agree! Sawiris will be battle hardened to become a billionaire so Levy is a nobody to them probably. Good on them, we are playing Spurs at their own game and they dont like it!

This article makes no sense. If we offer him a new contract, which I expect we will, with a reasonable release clause, which I expect we will, he's not going to turn his nose up at it. 

If he's staying, I suspect he we will want to be paid for his standing in the squad. That requires sighing a new contract. He's not going to stay on rookie wages out of spite. What an absolute unfathomably nonsensical article.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

This Champions League team bollcks makes me laugh. They could play 3 fixtures and get bombed out, he may not play in any of them. Then they go back to finishing 5th or 6th, as could easily happen, especially with a transfer budget of £1.47 and some Tesco vouchers. 

Throw in fact that Spurs don't pay good wages (Deli Ali has apparently only just topped £100k), and i don't imagine what Levy would offer would be a huge amout more that what we could offer. 

7 hours ago, jim said:

But you were told he is going!!!!

I was originally, as early as this week I was told it’s still likely he’ll go. For weeks I’ve been told 99% likely he will go, it dropped to 90% when we got brought and 75% the start of this week. 

I was told at the start of the week that Levy would bid on Deadline day as he thought FFP would force our hand. He bid yesterday £25m which we told him to double. 

Levy said “no way”, we said “end of convo”. That’s right £50m, I was told it was over last night tbh.

Absolutely shocking from Levy who tried to low ball Xia. All he had to do was pay £25 4 weeks ago and it would have gone through within hours. 

Jack is disappointed but not to the extent he’s distraught or will put in a transfer request.

Put yourself in his shoes, you’re told you have to be sold and then you pick your destination and harden your heart effectively say your goodbyes and then bang it all falls apart. He loves the Villa his family do to, but Spurs sold themselves to him, he met Pochettino was told he was very much in the first team picture. Offered double the wages, CL football and NT interest. It’s tumbled on all summer, they’ve been looking at houses etc a right faff. 

Not that we’re traditionally much smaller than Spurs (we’re as big as traditionally imo) but currently it’s a bit like driving a Saxo to a Ferrari garage test driving it and saying yeah I’ll take it only to find your denied credit because some **** cloned your card and safety measures have kicked in. 

He’ll be alright and get over it, but if we don’t go up this year he will request a move because he has to for his long term progression & ambition. 

Anyway personally I’m pleased I love Jack down the Villa, let’s get over this and get back to the PL, UTV

• Like 2

Jack and the club have done the right thing all the way along, no blabbing about moving, no blabbing about staying, they even ensured he was not prominent in any marketing - all because nobody knew what was going to happen. Everyone's eyes have been wide open throughout this, so for Nursey and other cockwomble jerknalists to suggest Jack was somehow crossed at the last minute - I just don't buy it. Jack will be disappointed but he won't sulk. 

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I was originally, as early as this week I was told it’s still likely he’ll go. For weeks I’ve been told 99% likely he will go, it dropped to 90% when we got brought and 75% the start of this week. 

I was told at the start of the week that Levy would bid on Deadline day as he thought FFP would force our hand. He bid yesterday £25m which we told him to double. 

Levy said “no way”, we said “end of convo”. That’s right £50m, I was told it was over last night tbh.

Absolutely shocking from Levy who tried to low ball Xia. All he had to do was pay £25 4 weeks ago and it would have gone through within hours. 

Jack is disappointed but not to the extent he’s distraught or will put in a transfer request.

Put yourself in his shoes, you’re told you have to be sold and then you pick your destination and harden your heart effectively say your goodbyes and then bang it all falls apart. He loves the Villa his family do to, but Spurs sold themselves to him, he met Pochettino was told he was very much in the first team picture. Offered double the wages, CL football and NT interest. It’s tumbled on all summer, they’ve been looking at houses etc a right faff. 

Not that we’re traditionally much smaller than Spurs (we’re as big as traditionally imo) but currently it’s a bit like driving a Saxo to a Ferrari garage test driving it and saying yeah I’ll take it only to find your denied credit because some **** cloned your card and safety measures have kicked in. 

He’ll be alright and get over it, but if we don’t go up this year he will request a move because he has to for his long term progression & ambition. 

Anyway personally I’m pleased I love Jack down the Villa, let’s get over this and get back to the PL, UTV

Spurs and Pochettino can't meet the player until we accept a bid so that's surely bollocks?

Wouldn't that be tapping up?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

And who is this “quote” accredited to?

The ever reliable and never wrong 'a source close to the player'

That's right the source is, was or has been close to the player. Possibly even within earshot at one point. 

Â