The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

There were also rumblings of discontent last year that Spurs need to buy big name players for the squad, so they can win things rather than being nearly men. I seem to remember Danny Rose making comments, and I am sure Spurs fans probably feel similar. You would also feel Poch would have wanted better dealings in the transfer market having just signed a new deal. If Levy doesn’t do the business, it could all start unraveling from beneath him.

I don't think Jack is ready to take them from nearly men to trophy winners. They need to bring Bale back or get someone of that level to really challenge.

Edited by TheAuthority

Whilst not quite the same this kind of reminds me of Arsenal’s 40m and one pound bid for Suarez. Had they just tabled a proper bid Liverpool would have done business with them and he would have probably got his move. Instead they acted like scumbags and lost all chance of signing him. 

Hope this is something similar.

Just now, TRO said:

If Jack is going be vexed.....It should be with Spurs.

He should stay and do a "Bully"......."This is what you could have won"

Exactly, no way is he going to be f****d off with Villa. This is HIS club not Spuds or anybody else... Levy's actions have made them look small time at the minute... and i love it when we stick two fingers up at the likes of Spuds and Liverpool thinking they can just have any player they want for the price they want to pay.

And bullys SPECIAAAAAALLLL PRRRRRIIIIZZZZE !!!

download.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I don't think Jack is ready to take them from nearly me to trophy winners. They need to bring Bale back or get someone of that level to really challenge.

No he is Probably not, but when you look at who else they have bought.....(nobody), it could all start to crumble apart for them. Poch May get the hump and be lured away, their own players start being picked up by the Manchester clubs. Who knows, all I know is Levy has not done a great job so far. Maybe he has a few aces up his sleeve yet, time will tell.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst not quite the same this kind of reminds me of Arsenal’s 40m and one pound bid for Suarez. Had they just tabled a proper bid Liverpool would have done business with them and he would have probably got his move. Instead they acted like scumbags and lost all chance of signing him. 

Hope this is something similar.

Its true....negotiations are sensitive and on occasions you can lose the will to deal, even if the eventual price is met.....I hope that is the case too.

a kind of ....."just **** off"... moment enters your head.

We are getting to the end game.  Spurs have yet to put in an acceptable offer, and Grealish is our most priced asset. If Xia was still in charge he would be in North London by now, but thankfully we are in a stronger position now. 

Taking away the emotive pull of Jack being a Villa boy it is a no brainer that he would like to leave. He would probably be at least tripling his wages.  In agent speak he is not being paid his market rate and if he stays at Villa he is losing money every week. Sounds horrible but it is true. He would be moving to a more successful club who are currently one of the elite sides in England. I can't see Villa being in a position even to offer improved terms to his contract at the moment due to FFP. Grealish has  2 years left on his contract. He could wait a year and if we don't go up, Spurs could probably get him for about 15 mil. But football can change rapidly- he could go off the boil, he could get injured. This may be his big chance to move- if he wants to.

If his head his turned then perhaps it is best to move on. Villa have failed spectacularly in his short time with us to be a place to be successful at.  It really hurts to say that but it is true.It also hurts if he moved to Spurs as  we should be where Spurs are at. About 10-15 years ago we had as much potential, or even more, than  Spurs to be succesful. They have been well run and got a new 61,000- stadium with champions league football. We have got second tier football for 3 years in a row,  Steve Bruce ,and empty promises about stadium expansions gathering dust. Now things might get better with the take over but then again we could still be down here for another 5 seasons. 

I think tomorrow Spurs will raise the offer a  bit and he will move on. If that does happen I will be sad but not surprised. It is just a shame Grealish happened to arrive in one of the worst periods in Villa's history- both for the player and for the club.

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

This is the game isn't it?

Spurs want to buy Jack. Spurs don't want to pay the asking price. Spurs get knocked back, so pretend to look elsewhere.

and on the flip side, Villa would love to keep Jack in the side, but equally Villa need a ton of money due to FFP, so Villa ask for a ton of money and say he's not for sale unless a mega offer comes in.

It'll still happen, IMO, it's just a cranking up of positions, both sides (plus presumably Jack) ultimately want the deal to happen, whatever they say. Both sides have a strong need for it to happen, without it quite being absolutely essential, so very much odds on I'd reckon.

BOOOOOO!

19 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Too many posters are worrying about FFP.

We have smart billionaire owners who will be paying experts a fortune to overcome or circumvent that problem.

Who have also said:

We don't have to sell players

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

In regards to these FFP questions think Luke Roper deserves all the credit in the world. He has clearly single-handedly dug us out of the hole we were in by designing the greatest Villa shirts ever, sales have rocketed by 750000%, even fans of other clubs have been scooping them up to look on fleek

In my minority of one, any Villa shirt without light blue sleeves is crap. How Luke + every fan has missed that escapes me.

• Like 2

This is going to happen more and more in the future.

Where wealthy owners enter the fray.....no longer are the smaller clubs so beheld to the bigger clubs as in the case with Leicester and Harry Maguire, admittedly Man City finally got Mahrez, but resistance is gaining ground.

Its only when the finances are in disarray, that a club is held to ransom......and these predatory top ones have no mercy at all.

Levy just got his timing wrong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well I say **** FFP and forget about Jacks feelings.  We don’t care if it makes sense. 

He is staying end off! He can like it or lump it! 

Just a guess, but at work have you never heard yourself described by the phrase ‘modern people management skills’?

7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

In my minority of one, any Villa shirt without light blue sleeves is crap. How Luke + every fan has missed that escapes me.

Make that two. First thing I noticed. 

It's nice, but it's not a Villa shirt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And let us all keep in mind that Jack will be a Spurs benchwarmer, whom Villa will buy back one year from now, for the glorious return to the Premier. Wearing shirts with light blue sleeves...

Edited by Django_Zooms
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Make that two. First thing I noticed. 

It's nice, but it's not a Villa shirt. 

Same . It's a lovely top but just doesn't sit right.   The away one is stunning though and looks "Villa".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

No you are not alone. My mate who is a Wolves fan has said the same. 

So basically you are against all Villa fans and at one with The Wolves. Not a comfortable place to be! 

• Haha 1

Â