The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Obviously now very much hoping he stays. If Spurs turn around and offer a fortune though, I'll at least be pleased we are bringing in some (hopefully) good players - as opposed to selling him just to keep the lights on. Best of both worlds is of course that he stays and we still bring in these good players!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I’m sure Grealish is naturally disappointed that a potential move to a Champions League club has fallen through.

however Sky suggesting he is now disillusioned and annoyed with the club, reads more like Sky Sports are annoyed and they want to keep the story going, hoping for a chance of a London club media jizzfest 

chuffed the club have stood their ground but do wonder if their resolve will be tested with a more fitting final day bid. 

He maybe annoyed....but does he want NSWE to roll over? to satisfy his career.

I would suspect, they have seen the history of us selling players and in the main we have given them away......I further suspect they are making their mark on the club by saying to the industry the days of Aston Villa being a soft touch are well and truly over.

I want our new owners to be hard nosed and I guess they are making a statement of their future intention too......"peg in the ground" and all that.

If Jack stays, it could be a watershed moment for us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If and its a big if this is true which I don't think it is I would be a bit disappointed on grealish. As should keep it private.

I'm still not convinced this is over...

Although spurs apparently are now moving on to sessagnon

?....this isn't over IMO.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

?....this isn't over IMO.

Agreed. This is classic Levy. Prolong things as long as possible, unsettle the player, try and force the "selling" club's hand. 

If, as reported, it's true his opening offer was £8m + Onomah on loan, you really have to admire his chutzpah. 

6 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Agreed. This is classic Levy. Prolong things as long as possible, unsettle the player, try and force the "selling" club's hand. 

If, as reported, it's true his opening offer was £8m + Onomah on loan, you really have to admire his chutzpah. 

depends what side you are on.

55 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

That reporter outside BHM said he's been told by guy close to Sawiris that Jack Grealish is not for sale not only during this window, but for the duration of his 2 year contract. Nasty Nas is a BOSS

Haha. After all those years of Deadly Doug we’ve now got a Nasty Nas!!

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haha. After all those years of Deadly Doug we’ve now got a Nasty Nas!!

don't get confused with Naz the fan from Villa Fans combined fame .....He's not Nasty.....He's a good guy.

I know you mean Nasty in a good sense.?

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

It never pays to cling on to an unhappy player. Also, how will the FFP issue be solved if he stays? Jack is great, but this makes no sense at all. Unless it is a ploy to squeeze £30m out of tightwad Levy.

Well I say **** FFP and forget about Jacks feelings.  We don’t care if it makes sense. 

He is staying end off! He can like it or lump it! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

So Grealish throughout the entire summer hasn’t said a word about moving to Spurs. Now he is gutted he’s not going. So he was either so sure it would happen he didn’t feel he had to force the issue, or he isn’t gutted at all but Levy has told the odd mockney Journo, that “the boy is gutted”. Sounds like bs to me. 

What we are forgetting is that the pressure on us to sell has been lifted, but the pressure on Levy to get deals over the line is building with every tick of the clock. Spurs are the only PL team that are acting like paupers, the new stadium is costing them and Levy has probably told the board he can make sure that they finance the stadium and finance the squad. They’re talking big and acting like the small club from north London that we all know they are. Just remind me when did we last win the League, and when did they last win the league?Champions League you’re having a laugh! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

It never pays to cling on to an unhappy player. Also, how will the FFP issue be solved if he stays? Jack is great, but this makes no sense at all. Unless it is a ploy to squeeze £30m out of tightwad Levy.

In regards to these FFP questions think Luke Roper deserves all the credit in the world. He has clearly single-handedly dug us out of the hole we were in by designing the greatest Villa shirts ever, sales have rocketed by 750000%, even fans of other clubs have been scooping them up to look on fleek

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deeps said:

Since this morning..... It went from he is leave to bid rejected but still having a medical to being told by the chairman of Villa that he won’t be sold to anyone. How quickly are the sources at Sky to get word of him crying about it? 

Also the wording on SSN kills me “dream move”. Behave. 

perhaps they mean his new house ........(on the strength of our new contract to him)

Edited by TRO

Sessegnon story is probably a tactic from Spurs to either unsettle Jack or further unsettle him. Cannot for the life of me see why Levy is going to be happy paying probably an even bigger fee for Sessegnon when he is haggling over a few million quid to land someone they have apparently been chasing all summer... 

Cant really see Jack throwing his toys out the pram though, he's at the club he and all his family love dearly. Dissapointed, yeah of course but angry and all this other bull coming out the London media is laughable.... they just do not like it when  a club outside of the top 6 basically tell the top 6 to F**k off with their bullying tactics..

I will be happy with either outcome now tbh, we will either get a proper fee on our terms or Jack stays... Win win for me. Obviously the latter option is my preferred but we cant lose from here really.

Well done Big Nas and Wezzy Edens!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Sessegnon who just signed a new deal with his boyhood club. Who also have stanky rich owners. Who also dont need to sell. Levy will still try

This is the game isn't it?

Spurs want to buy Jack. Spurs don't want to pay the asking price. Spurs get knocked back, so pretend to look elsewhere.

and on the flip side, Villa would love to keep Jack in the side, but equally Villa need a ton of money due to FFP, so Villa ask for a ton of money and say he's not for sale unless a mega offer comes in.

It'll still happen, IMO, it's just a cranking up of positions, both sides (plus presumably Jack) ultimately want the deal to happen, whatever they say. Both sides have a strong need for it to happen, without it quite being absolutely essential, so very much odds on I'd reckon.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

What we are forgetting is that the pressure on us to sell has been lifted, but the pressure on Levy to get deals over the line is building with every tick of the clock. Spurs are the only PL team that are acting like paupers, the new stadium is costing them and Levy has probably told the board he can make sure that they finance the stadium and finance the squad. They’re talking big and acting like the small club from north London that we all know they are. Just remind me when did we last win the League, and when did they last win the league?Champions League you’re having a laugh! 

There were also rumblings of discontent last year that Spurs need to buy big name players for the squad, so they can win things rather than being nearly men. I seem to remember Danny Rose making comments, and I am sure Spurs fans probably feel similar. You would also feel Poch would have wanted better dealings in the transfer market having just signed a new deal. If Levy doesn’t do the business, it could all start unraveling from beneath him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Sessegnon story is probably a tactic from Spurs to either unsettle Jack or further unsettle him. Cannot for the life of me see why Levy is going to be happy paying probably an even bigger fee for Sessegnon when he is haggling over a few million quid to land someone they have apparently been chasing all summer... 

Cant really see Jack throwing his toys out the pram though, he's at the club he and all his family love dearly. Dissapointed, yeah of course but angry and all this other bull coming out the London media is laughable.... they just do not like it when  a club outside of the top 6 basically tell the top 6 to F**k off with their bullying tactics..

I will be happy with either outcome now tbh, we will either get a proper fee on our terms or Jack stays... Win win for me. Obviously the latter option is my preferred but we cant lose from here really.

Well done Big Nas and Wezzy Edens!

If Jack is going be vexed.....It should be with Spurs.

He should stay and do a "Bully"......."This is what you could have won"

Â