The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we reject a 30m offer I wonder if grealish will think we are pricing him out of a move and hand in a  transfer request? I think we would be stupid to reject that. As I could see spurs waiting until next summer slap him up for 15m with one left

Personally I think he is going as plans are in place to sign a host of players. If we get 25m+ for him plus 4m for traore and all the money saved on gabby and terrys wages we are very close to the 40m magic tree number and then i think we will see better financial projections for us.

if he hands in a transfer request he loses the % of the transfer fee that he gets...the more money we get, the more he gets, so i dont see him throwing his toys out of the pram for us trying to squeeze a few more quid out of spurs

4 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

I think he will go..his reaction Monday said it all...hope he stays and we can build a team with him in it.

Though...i wonder if he wants to go to spurs and is thinking it through. With alli Eriksson in front of him will he get many games.

The lure of champions league and new ground sounds appealing but if you look at spurs are they just the bridesmaid never the bride club.

Walker...left for more money more chance of winning things...rose the same...their wage structure may be their downfall as the likes of Kane Eriksson alli maybe be tempted by interest if they don't start winning things...if they do go...where will spurs be...cant buy success as they will be paying for the ground for next 10 years.

Maybe he might stay????

I really don’t like spurs so my judgement might be clouded a bit but I think they have had there opportunity to win things and blew the championship to Leicester they won’t get that close again and this team they have will get dismantled over the next two years. I think the manager will leave at the end of this season and I think they will skip down to three rightful place of mid table with the Leicester’s and Everton’s of the world. Having said all that you can’t compare where they are with where we are my only hope is that if if jack does go (which I hope he doesn’t) then we put in big % sell on fee and buy back options. 

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

if he hands in a transfer request he loses the % of the transfer fee that he gets...the more money we get, the more he gets, so i dont see him throwing his toys out of the pram for us trying to squeeze a few more quid out of spurs

I'm sure if he put in a transfer request he'd be on a promise that Spurs would make up the difference.

I think all signs point towards Jack appearing in a spurs shirt tomorrow and talking about what a big ambitious club it is. Champions league etc. 

9 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Levy opened the bidding at £9m... (Yes nine million). He did that because he saw us in a position of pure desperation and like the vulture he is, tried to pick our bones for a ridiculously low figure.

Not sure where you got that from? The opening £25m bid last night is the first offer we’ve received for him. 

It seems he is off. If the 25m that is being reported is true I am a bit disappointed. Given his age and potential, I would have thought somewhere closer to 35m would have been more reasonable. 

I know this is a pipe dream now but you would think we could agree that he be loaned back to us for the season? It would be win win for Spurs, they get their man and he continues to play week in week out and we get him for another tilt at promotion. But perhaps Spurs plan on using him this season. There is talk they want to move on Dembele etc. so maybe it makes room for Jack at least on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Are we all forgetting here that John Percy said we're rejecting the 25m figure? 

I see no reason to think why he's off just yet. Untill they offer what we want he's going no where. We may want 35-40m for all we know. 

^This. Our new owners are not about to bend over to Levy after the media circus they’ve orchestrated for the last 3 weeks. He won’t be going for less than £30m now.

lots of doom and gloom here, all I have seen is paper shite and idiots on twitter, this feels very much like the "Henry to be our next manager" to me. I still would be surprised if Jack left. I just can't see Levy stumping up the cash we are asking. He is much more likely to panic buy someone else on Thursday from another club who are more desperate than us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

It seems he is off. If the 25m that is being reported is true I am a bit disappointed. Given his age and potential, I would have thought somewhere closer to 35m would have been more reasonable. 

What makes you think we're accepting the £25mil bid? 

I doubt we'll settle at $25mil considering the market today, his huge potential and value to us as a club. it really does depend on the FFP situation though which we don't really seem to have full insight into. we most definitely don't seem desperate anymore so maybe the majority of it has been plugged or our owners believe any potential penalties are negligible, or we're downplaying the seriousness of the situation to push the price tag up. I have no clue, but I have a fair bit of hope.

When push comes to shove at the very least it would appear that we're not going to allow ourselves to get mugged which is a very positive indicator of the new ownership.

Nothing has changed for me. This is the first offer. Brice confirmed that in Hull post match when he said no offers had been made yet, so the £25m was the first. It has been reported we are going to decline as that doesn't match our valuation. So nothing changed. They offer what he is worth in the clubs yes, he goes. That would bet he same for any player at any club. The only question is, what is that number in the clubs eyes. As he is the most important player in our squad and promotion gets us £150m, i would say he is worth £150m and I am not joking. Pay that and he is yours. Anything less, why would we sell and lessen our chances of getting promoted and £150m. 

From Jacks perspective he has 4 options. 

1. Stay with Villa and go u[p. he misses one season in the prem but then gets there with his beloved Villa in a team built around him. 

2. Stay with Villa and miss promotion again. He will have a great season regardless, increase his value and then if he is impatient for the prem, he can go then and make us more money as he is worth more then. 

3. Go to Spurs and Villa go up this season. He is then playing against his beloved villa next year thinking, he could be in that team having just secured promotion with them the year before. And unless Spurs with the league this year, I would suggest he would then have regrets. 

4. Go to Spurs and Villa don't go up. He would then feel he has hurt us as we didn't go up and him leaving affected that. 

So either way,I would suggest heart strings wise, he will want to stay and give us one more year.

I hope! 

• Like 1

I think Grealish will be reading the Spurs fans comments on twitter etc and be like why the hell would I want to play for these lot, they think I’m sh*t and not worth £25 million.

I know as a player I would be and it would make me want to stay where I am wanted and at the club me and my family support.

11 minutes ago, jimcohen said:

Nothing has changed for me. This is the first offer. Brice confirmed that in Hull post match when he said no offers had been made yet, so the £25m was the first. It has been reported we are going to decline as that doesn't match our valuation. So nothing changed. They offer what he is worth in the clubs yes, he goes. That would bet he same for any player at any club. The only question is, what is that number in the clubs eyes. As he is the most important player in our squad and promotion gets us £150m, i would say he is worth £150m and I am not joking. Pay that and he is yours. Anything less, why would we sell and lessen our chances of getting promoted and £150m. 

From Jacks perspective he has 4 options. 

1. Stay with Villa and go u[p. he misses one season in the prem but then gets there with his beloved Villa in a team built around him. 

2. Stay with Villa and miss promotion again. He will have a great season regardless, increase his value and then if he is impatient for the prem, he can go then and make us more money as he is worth more then. 

3. Go to Spurs and Villa go up this season. He is then playing against his beloved villa next year thinking, he could be in that team having just secured promotion with them the year before. And unless Spurs with the league this year, I would suggest he would then have regrets. 

4. Go to Spurs and Villa don't go up. He would then feel he has hurt us as we didn't go up and him leaving affected that. 

So either way,I would suggest heart strings wise, he will want to stay and give us one more year.

I hope! 

Problem is he has 2 years left on his contract. So if he does stay, next year he will be worth less unless he scores 38 million goals.

If he was staying or wanted to stay he would have said so on his various social media sites. Declaring your love of the team you support with a picture of yourself once a week is easy. Also easy is just saying “I want to stay”. His silence on the matter speaks volumes. Either he is off or keeping schtum to drive up a massive new wage off us.

Edited by Ingram85

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

If he was staying or wanted to stay he would have said so on his various social media sites. His silence speaks volumes. Either he is off or keeping schtum to drive up a massive new wage off us.

Or he has been told to stay quiet.

Also, if he does stay, there is nothing to stop us giving him a new contract...... Want some more money Jack? Sign here......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

If he was staying or wanted to stay he would have said so on his various social media sites. Declaring your love of the team you support with a picture of yourself once a week is easy. Also easy is just saying “I want to stay”. His silence on the matter speaks volumes. Either he is off or keeping schtum to drive up a massive new wage off us.

I imagine he's just keeping his option open?

He probably does want to go if an offer is accepted, but at the same time, I imagine he has no problems staying here either. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I imagine he's just keeping his option open?

He probably does want to go if an offer is accepted, but at the same time, I imagine he has no problems staying here either. 

I think this is about right. Jack is a Villa fan so will have seen the backlash that followed Delph leaving after committing himself to the club. He will also have seen how Milner conducted himself when leaving and the difference it made to the fans. During the summer he is right to get on with his football and leave the transfer business so someone else. 

Â