The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Looks very much like the bid will be accepted

I love seeing Jack play

BUT I think we need £25m more than we need Jack - Just hope SB uses it wisely and  doesn't spend it on sweeiries

Just like it was looking dead set that Henry would be our manager ?

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Looks very much like the bid will be accepted

I love seeing Jack play

BUT I think we need £25m more than we need Jack - Just hope SB uses it wisely and  doesn't spend it on sweeiries

What a strange thing to say. No way will £25m be accepted and we don't need £25m more than we need Jack. You do know we have new owners and it's been widely reported FFP is covered right? 

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You maybe right but wouldn’t your rather see Jack playing for us than 25 million in the bank? 

He is a top championship player and we are a championship club. We need him more than we need the money. (FFP aside).

I'd take the 25 million and the signings we can make with it rather than keeping grealish. 

Levy can stick that £25 million pound offer where the sun don't shine. Honestly think it's a pretty poor offer and the club should at the very least be getting £30 million if not more. 

If/when Jack does move, I just hope he gets play-time. He's a fantastic player but I can totally see him joining Spurs and not getting appreciated, then he falls into some of his old bad habits again. Can't help but think there are other teams in the Premier League that would suit Jack better than Spurs. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

If we reject a 30m offer I wonder if grealish will think we are pricing him out of a move and hand in a  transfer request? I think we would be stupid to reject that. As I could see spurs waiting until next summer slap him up for 15m with one left

Personally I think he is going as plans are in place to sign a host of players. If we get 25m+ for him plus 4m for traore and all the money saved on gabby and terrys wages we are very close to the 40m magic tree number and then i think we will see better financial projections for us.

• Like 1

Lot will now depend on Jack

if he’s been turned he will force the move one way or another 

if he’s happy to stay then we hold out for £35m , which I doubt Spuds will pay 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Lot will now depend on Jack

if he’s been turned he will force the move one way or another 

if he’s happy to stay then we hold out for £35m , which I doubt Spuds will pay 

To be honest if he forces a move by handing in a transfer request it makes the whole thing a lot easier to take.

We take £30 million, be shot of him and sign someone to take his place.

The last thing you want is a player who thinks he's better than the team and wants out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If we reject a 30m offer I wonder if grealish will think we are pricing him out of a move and hand in a  transfer request? I think we would be stupid to reject that. As I could see spurs waiting until next summer slap him up for 15m with one left

I would hope we're being as transparent as possible with him over this, so I would expect he's aware that the club have a figure in mind, which will mitigate the risk of a transfer request. 

As for seeing him leave for less further down the line, I don't have an issue with that. I'm sure if he stays we'll offer him a new contract. I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't sign it. If we get another tilt at promotion with him in the side, and he gets another season of playing week in, week out (which is no guarantee at Spurs), everyone's a winner in my book. 

Of course I don't want to see Jack go

But still expect to see Jack and Kodja (good riddance after last few games performance)  gone tomorrow

Then new CB and striker on the way in

Edited by Robtaylor200

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

To be honest if he forces a move by handing in a transfer request it makes the whole thing a lot easier to take.

We take £30 million, be shot of him and sign someone to take his place.

The last thing you want is a player who thinks he's better than the team and wants out.

tbf I don’t see any indication of that from Jack ... 

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s just my pessimistic nature but I do have a feeling that was Jack’s last game for us on Tuesday.

I hope we hold out for good money, and I don’t see why we shouldn’t as our owners couldn’t have been clearer about not wanting to sell.

Just comes down to Jack and I think he’ll find the lure of the PL and CL too much and go for it. And I will wish him all the best if so.

I think he will go..his reaction Monday said it all...hope he stays and we can build a team with him in it.

Though...i wonder if he wants to go to spurs and is thinking it through. With alli Eriksson in front of him will he get many games.

The lure of champions league and new ground sounds appealing but if you look at spurs are they just the bridesmaid never the bride club.

Walker...left for more money more chance of winning things...rose the same...their wage structure may be their downfall as the likes of Kane Eriksson alli maybe be tempted by interest if they don't start winning things...if they do go...where will spurs be...cant buy success as they will be paying for the ground for next 10 years.

Maybe he might stay????

I think he is gone and its just a haggle now.

I wasn't sure until Monday, his reaction at being subbed as he came off wasn't normal.

The upsurge in transfer activity in past 2 days is an indication the club know we have £25-30 million coming in before the close of the window to satisfy FFP this season.

Edited by grayslickuk

10 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Some recent 25 million pound transfer examples for comparison

Michael Keane – £25m (July 2017)

Jordan Pickford – £25m (June 2017)

David Zappacosta – £25m (August 2017)

Kelechi Iheanacho – £25m (August 2017)

added

cheers @GENTLEMAN

didn't some team buy Sissoko from Toon a few years ago for 30m+?  howd that turn out...

Â