The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The thing that really pisses me off about this transfer is the fact Spurs fans think he’s shit and don’t want him. 

If he wasn’t injured half of last season we probably would have gone up. 

There’s an argument that not having him this season would seriously dent our chances of promotion.

With this in mind we should not be accepting anything under 35-40 million. 

In theory should be a good move for Jack (higher wages, opportunity to play Champions League, might get England call up) however he’ll have limited game time.

Hopefuly on Saturday he’ll pull on a Villa too but I’m sadly doubtful and can’t help but feel it’s a bad move for all!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNeeUs said:

The thing that really pisses me off about this transfer is the fact Spurs fans think he’s shit and don’t want him. 

If he wasn’t injured half of last season we probably would have gone up. 

There’s an argument that not having him this season would seriously dent our chances of promotion.

With this in mind we should not be accepting anything under 35-40 million. 

In theory should be a good move for Jack (higher wages, opportunity to play Champions League, might get England call up) however he’ll have limited game time.

Hopefuly on Saturday he’ll pull on a Villa too but I’m sadly doubtful and can’t help but feel it’s a bad move for all!

Its a gamble he has to take......gabby chose not to make it, but made himself a rich man.

they say a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush......jack will soon find out.

Don't think Spurs fans actually think he's "shit" . Guessing most of them only seen him play a handful times, if that.

Think the big issue with them is that they were hoping for more and better players to elevate them even further. 

Grealish is a good prospect, but in the short term he'll not improve their starting 11 or help any title challenge they might naively have hoped for.

They finished 3rd and will play in the CL. Plop finished behind them and just look at the business they've done this summer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KHV said:

Anything over £25m is good business

I think £25m + is sound business. £30m + is an great amount.

Given FFP and opportunity to strengthen other areas of the pitch it’s the logical decision for AVFC.

I wouldn’t want to fail in promotion, lose him next year for half the amount as last year of contract, under transfer embargo and point deductions because will failed to stick to FFP. 

If true, it ain’t the end of Villa. Many clubs have kicked on after such a transfer.We have to use this as a chance to get back onto a even keel and kick on.

We need to seriously look at putting a wage structure in place, compete within our means. No more McCormack and Lansbury big wages (rumoured) with little/no input.

All said will be gutted not to see him line up at VP against Wigan 

• Like 3

Half a season of quality from him, after we stuck by him when he thought he was one of the Inbetweeners, and now when we don't need to sell him he wants to go. If that is the case, I hope a leg break comes quickly.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't think Spurs fans actually think he's "shit" . Guessing most of them only seen him play a handful times, if that.

Think the big issue with them is that they were hoping for more and better players to elevate them even further. 

Grealish is a good prospect, but in the short term he'll not improve their starting 11 or help any title challenge they might naively have hoped for.

They finished 3rd and will play in the CL. Plop finished behind them and just look at the business they've done this summer.

I think he'll make an impact. Get him the ball anywhere within 30yrds and he'll win FKs like nobodies business. Hopefully, being around better players will result in him developing some shooting ability too as with a few goals added to his game, he'll be a top player.

Spuds really do need to make another signing or 2 though. Standing still is going backwards.

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Half a season of quality from him, after we stuck by him when he thought he was one of the Inbetweeners, and now when we don't need to sell him he wants to go. If that is the case, I hope a leg break comes quickly.

We're a crap championship club, with new owners who didn't hire the current manager, who's also a bit naff. Can't blame anyone with significant talent in wanting out.

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

We're a crap championship club, with new owners who didn't hire the current manager, who's also a bit naff. Can't blame anyone with significant talent in wanting out.

I think you're wrong mate. We are far from a crap championship club, as for the manager he's the only one who's got anything half decent out of grealish so I'd imagine he's grateful to have him as a manager. Not many English sides would be able to keep hold of their players if spurs came in for them. 

Edited by holteend1982
  • Like 2

Just now, Wainy316 said:

£40m is being banded about quite a bit on Twitter.?

I would bloody well take that. I think he is a great player and I want him to stay but I am not gonna be gutted if he goes for a fair price.  I do think that some of the talk about Grealish is a wee bit insulting to the rest of our team. Sure he is a good player but he is not THAT much better than everyone else. Some of the talk in the media gives the impression we are a one man team, which is absurdly unfair on everyone else, I daresay Jack would agree if he posted here. Stay or go I wish him well.

£27m rising to £30m with a 20% sell on clause. We also have a buy back option upon being back in the premier league so I have been told by a reliable source.

13 minutes ago, Dick said:

A leg break really? Hopefully I’m missing a joke here

Â