The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Skills said:

the cynic in me thinks Jack wanted one more game to thank us fans before he moves on

I can see us getting Powell as his replacement, haven't seen him play but whoever comes in as his replacement is destined to fail as he is simply irreplaceable to us

Its also possible that no-one knows either way (including Bruce/Jack) and this was the last chance for him to say goodbye, so he took the opportunity in case it was his last game.

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think if Liverpool had been a championship club, then Gerrard's affinity wouldn't have been so strong. As for Grealish's link to Villa being held against him, I don't recall Gascoigne's link to Newcastle being a problem. If he does go, then, I for one, whish him well.

Gerrard threatened to leave them for Chelsea when they were European Champions. If Liverpool had been anywhere near the Championship he would've been first out the door.

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Gerrard threatened to leave them for Chelsea when they were European Champions. If Liverpool had been anywhere near the Championship he would've been first out the door.

According to reports - Gerrard was all set to leave Liverpool for Chelsea and then those lovely jolly Liverplop fans threatened him and his family and he changed his mind sharpish declaring all out love for the club

Tottenham and Villa £7m apart in Grealish valuation according to BBC: 

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce says the club have not been offered enough for Tottenham target Jack Grealish and remain hopeful of keeping the winger.

Grealish, 22, has been linked with a move to Spurs before Thursday's transfer deadline.

BBC Sport understand the clubs are still around £7m apart in their valuation of the player.

"The offer we had has not been enough to be tempted. We hope he's still our player by Friday," Bruce told BBC WM.

"But the last thing we want to do is pull the wool over anyone's eyes. We all know the situation."

Speaking after his side's 3-1 season-opening win at Hull City, Bruce added: "The owners have publicly stated that they don't want him to leave. But there's a human element within that, which we all understand.

"There's a chance of Champions League football for him.

"I don't want him to go but we'll just have to see what happens. It's going to be a long three days."

Villa's travelling fans seemed to accept that it might be Birmingham-born Grealish's final game for the club after Bruce substituted the England Under-21 international late on.

"He's one of our own" was the chant from the Villa supporters as Grealish, who made the first of Villa's three goals, appeared to make a farewell gesture as he left the pitch at the KCOM Stadium.

Having joined the club at the age of six, his first taste of first-team action came as an unused substitute when he was 16 years old against Chelsea in March 2012.

He joined Notts County on loan in September 2013, playing 37 times for them in League One that season, before making his Villa debut the following August as a substitute in a Premier League win at Stoke City.

Having initially played youth football for the Republic of Ireland, Grealish switched his allegiance to England in September 2015 and was part of the squad that made the semi-finals of the 2017 European Under-21 Championships.

IF  true, I can see Spurs upping the valuation enough to get him. However remains speculation of course and the media don't believe a good player can play football outside the top 6... 

"BBC understand" = we can print what we like and not have to justify why we printed it

"still around £7m" means its not £7m but it sounds like it

i hate football "journalism"

Bruce's interviews are also starting to become contradictory, said elsewhere the only bid we have had this summer was for chester

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"BBC understand" = we can print what we like and not have to justify why we printed it

Yep, as soon as you see "understands" it is immediately relegated to Twitter rumour status, because that's where they are getting their info from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

You have not waivered in your belief yet, and I hope you are correct. I don't get to as many games as I used to in my younger days, but I have tickets for the Wigan game with my Dad and I hope to see Jack playing in that game for us.

Not solely down to my belief but what i've been informed, that aside I do also feel he is going nowhere.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

BBC knows **** all about anything.
Next.

Accept covering up lies for their poweful employees for years.

£7m off? So if we believe all reports that means we value him @ £27m? Don’t believe that.  

It's in our hands really, they can either pay up or we tell them to move on. If they come in with a last second bid which meets our value we can still sign players on loan for another two good weeks. Although I'd be saying that they have until tomorrow to make an acceptable bid else the door is closed.

Spurs about to sign Lobotka fpr £30m apparently.

Not sure it will effect any potential Grealish deal thou as even though he's a midfielder they won't compete for the same spots.

Probably bad news for Onomah thou...

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not solely down to my belief but what i've been informed, that aside I do also feel he is going nowhere.

You realize if he goes, you may have to book a spot in the witness protection program, just putting it out there.?

53 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

According to reports - Gerrard was all set to leave Liverpool for Chelsea and then those lovely jolly Liverplop fans threatened him and his family and he changed his mind sharpish declaring all out love for the club

I hope that isn't a hint ?

Â