The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't really understand the whole situation. The owners have come out and said that he isn't for sale, so clearly FFP isn't a problem (otherwise why would they say that?). Jack more than likely isn't going to force a move, so until Spurs make a bid that we simply can't refuse (£40m+), we just keep rejecting their bids because we don't need the sale.

I'm absolutely dreading Thursday - to see him another club's shirt will hurt.

• Sad 1

I’m told no official offer from Levy yet, they will bid officially on deadline day as he still thinks FFP could force our hand.

Shot himself in the foot though because our owners have told Jacks agent “we don’t need to sell anymore.”

It will come down to the offer (if it’s too good to turn down) and Jacks wishes as he’s agreed personal terms in principle with Spurs. This summer was the window for contract renegotiation but because of the situation we have not offered a deal yet so Jacks agent has shopped around as he’s supposed to do really. It’s our mess really.

However new owners have said they will offer a new contract after the window and would like to keep him. 

We value around 35m they Value around 20m Friday will see if Levy is prepared to rise, if he does it I expect Jack to go. 

Jacks been told by Southgate he needs PL football, signing on fee & contract offering to Jack has been sold as “you n your folks are made for life” and footballers have a short career they’re mindful that injury can ruin it all in an instant. Jack no doubt will have grown with kids that have had career ending injuries it’s too much to turn down.

In Jacks shoes you’ve got a 5 year deal of at least double your money and CL football plus he’s had assurances from Pochettino he will play plus England are keen on him moving to the PL. 

or you have owners who’ve been there a week are saying they will offer a new deal in a few weeks time but all know the manager is on borrowed time. But you are a fan of the club. 

What would you do? 

Personally I’ll be gutted if he goes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve Bruce just told me, re @JackGrealish1: “At the moment, there is no decision to make because they (Spurs) haven’t even reached a figure where the owners have even blinked.” #AVFC #AstonVilla #tottenham #spurs @SpursOfficial @AVFCOfficial

• Like 1

If he goes, our season is pretty much done. The only player in our side who can actually pass a football. 

Must be kind of frustrating for him too. That moment when he passed Elphick back a simple ball, only for Elphick to take a touch 4 yards in front of him and suddenly it’s a 3 on 2 for Hull... Head in hands stuff.

In hindsight it’s hard to begrudge him a move to a Champions League club, especially if we get £35m. I just **** hate Spurs tbf, would love it if Chelsea swooped in (if he has to go!).

Edited by Cizzler
  • Thanks 1

If Spurs really wanted him and thought he was pivotal to their plans for this season then they would have bid and unveiled him 3 weeks ago.

The fact they’ve haven’t yet will be telling to Jack. They can promise him all they like to turn his head and try to get a signature. The facts are that if he stays at Villa he’s the main man with the complete freedom to choose his own destiny next summer. Go to Spurs and you gamble your whole career on the promise of game time that is far from guaranteed.

When they chuck in a last minute £25m bid on Thursday I hope we tell them to get stuffed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

No need to be bitter about it, he's a quality player and aston villa arnt where he has the potential of being.. sucks big time but this is the reality 

He may well go, but regardless, your £20m post from this morning was clearly complete bollocks.

• Like 1

jack is obviously more interested in this image than people trying to guess if he was holding back tears when he was subbed

what do our body language experts make of that?

definitely a man half hearted because he knows he is leaving ?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what do our body language experts make of that?

definitely a man half hearted because he knows he is leaving ?

He heard how much Spurs will be paying him.. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Spurs leave it til deadline day I hope we tell them to do one. We need time to find a new creative player to replace him because, as much as I love him, I don't think we could survive going back to having Alan Hutton as our main attacking outlet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ponky said:

If Spurs leave it til deadline day I hope we tell them to do one. We need time to find a new creative player to replace him because, as much as I love him, I don't think we could survive going back to having Alan Hutton as our main attacking outlet.

We are probably looking for one. Won't have Jack's attributes, but who does.

7 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Steve Bruce just told me, re @JackGrealish1: “At the moment, there is no decision to make because they (Spurs) haven’t even reached a figure where the owners have even blinked.” #AVFC #AstonVilla #tottenham #spurs @SpursOfficial @AVFCOfficial

I don't know how much more clear Bruce can be. But yet people are still certain for some reason.

It's all up to Levy and if he wants to pull his finger out and stump up at least £30m.

8 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

We value around 35m they Value around 20m Friday will see if Levy is prepared to rise, if he does it I expect Jack to go. 

Levy can offer £100 mill on Friday if he wants. 

9 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Or just taking him off as games now won so no need for him to stay on and risk injury? Maybe?

Bruce also giving the fans a last chance to try to help persuade him to stay?

• Like 2

Â