The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't think (hope) he would have played if it was 100% that he is going. I didn't notice anything unusual with his reaction when he came off.

Mate i don't have sky at home, so have watched the game in my local, and they don't sell pop (That's what i tell the Mrs anyway), so I'm half cut. 

Ad such I'll bow to any sober mans opinion, but honestly dude, i thought the kid was fighting back the tears. Certainly not a "usual reaction" to being substituted. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Honestly, I don't even think HE knows whether he's staying or going yet. It's probably all up in the air at the moment.

This could well be the case. I think the opportunity is too big for him to turn down if he gets the chance. But it could all boil down to whether the clubs can come to an agreement. 

I honestly struggle to see Spurs spending 30 million on him. 

It wasn’t a goodbye, just a usual acknowledgment of the fans for applauding him. I don’t think it’s possible to read anything into that at all. 

As for fighting back tears, the lad was pouring with sweat and had a huge grin on his face at the end as we’d won the game.

If there was any deal remotely imminent then he wouldn’t have been risked tonight. Of course a last minute £40m bid might come in and he’s aware of that but the idea that the decision is Jack’s to make at this stage is nonsense. He’s playing the waiting game just like we are.

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Mate i don't have sky at home, so have watched the game in my local, and they don't sell pop (That's what i tell the Mrs anyway), so I'm half cut. 

Ad such I'll bow to any sober mans opinion, but honestly dude, i thought the kid was fighting back the tears. Certainly not a "usual reaction" to being substituted. 

You must have had a few funny ones if you were hallucinating tears.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Honestly, I don't even think HE knows whether he's staying or going yet. It's probably all up in the air at the moment.

100% agree...if we could really be bothered to search through videos i'm sure we would see that he looked exactly the same when he got subbed + post game tonight as he has done after every game. we're just looking for a sign either way that's all

21 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

No need to be bitter about it, he's a quality player and aston villa arnt where he has the potential of being.. sucks big time but this is the reality 

Bitter? No, i won't let it get me down. But the kid was a pissed up prat before last season, a season he missed a couple of months through injury (obviously not his fault).

So all in all Aston Villa has the kid is a multi millionaire and in return he has given us about 8 months of good football. 

If he leaves fine, that's how football works, but i won't be wishing the well in his new adventures.  I won't be wishing him ill either btw,  but i genuinely don't give a toss how his career pans out the minute he pulls on another clubs Jersey.

I posted earlier in this thread when our financial situation looked dire, questioning this silly notion that we were forcing Jack out the door against his wishes to beat away the tax man. It was, and still is nonsence. Jack will leave because Jack wants to leave. 

Villa through and through? Bollocks. 

Must be a really hard/confusing time for him, our financial situation included or not.

I know the majority of us, myself included, would like to think in any situation we’d stay for the entirety of our career but realistically with us languishing in the second division and a side offering: champions league football, proven ability to develop young players and one of the most progressive managers around it’s going to tempt anyone.

They pay what we want and what he’s worth to us and he’s gone. 

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just his reaction after he was substituted. He genuinely looked like he was fighting the tears. It looked a goodbye.

I didn’t see enough of the game to see anything from his play to see if he was off, if even possible. I was watching when he came off, I went from thinking it looked positive to i’m not sure he looks bit too withdrawn.

You only had to listen to Hutton’s interview to know it is a very big possibility that he is off. 

Lets hope not but we will survive.

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

You must have had a few funny ones if you were hallucinating tears.

I said fighting back, there is a difference.

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

Perhaps you are right, but I didn't see that. If he knew he is leaving then it was probably difficult for him to make more of it and holding back tears would make sense. I hope I'm right and you wrong though ?

Looked to me like he was a bit embarrassed about taking the ovation from the fans whilst knowing he was due to leave.. 

However Bruce's post match interview was positive, saying new owners had said they didn't want him to go. 

If this really is the case, he shouldn't be going anywhere.. 

3 days, we'll see.. 

Could go either way, like others have said, I imagine even he isn't 100% sure what's going to happen yet

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

It wasn’t a goodbye, just a usual acknowledgment of the fans for applauding him. I don’t think it’s possible to read anything into that at all. 

As for fighting back tears, the lad was pouring with sweat and had a huge grin on his face at the end as we’d won the game.

If there was any deal remotely imminent then he wouldn’t have been risked tonight. Of course a last minute £40m bid might come in and he’s aware of that but the idea that the decision is Jack’s to make at this stage is nonsense. He’s playing the waiting game just like we are.

This post made feel better , my missus just asked me earlier if we lost, beign Villa im used to losing players but this guy .......

Â