The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

25 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

20 million I've heard, **** knows why so low. And it looks as though we are spending that money so can't be ffp related 

That's hardly the "big big offer" that Steve Bruce spoke of today. I think it's bollocks. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Wonder how all these other teams are going to get promoted without Grealish as he is so indispensable ?

Fact is, However good an individual player is, it will be the best teams, and the best squads, that get out of this League.

Its a shame if he goes but it really doesn’t warrant the wailing and the rending of garments....in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Wonder how all these other teams are going to get promoted without Grealish as he is so indispensable ?

Fact is, However good an individual player is, it will be the best teams, and the best squads, that get out of this League.

Its a shame if he goes but it really doesn’t warrant the wailing and the rending of garments....in my opinion.

I don’t think it’s that Grealish is the be all and end all. A lot of people don’t think our squad is that bad. It’s that players like Grealish are the ones that can be the difference and push you over the line. I agree that you need a quality squad overall, but I would certainly be a lot more confident with Grealish in the team.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would you mind informing the folk here where you "heard" such news...

Same place I got the Bruce staying info before it became public knowledge, I challenged the 20m but with only half a season performing the way he has been they think that's all he's worth.. Maybe it's got add-ons aswell on performance based stuff and 20 mill is the starting point... we will find out in the course but I'm only repeating a message I got today... 

My concern has never been losing Grealish. My concern is and always will be Aston Villa's inability to spend funds well. Some fans may not rate Grealish all that highly, but do you trust Aston Villa to find a suitable replacement? That's my concern.

• Like 3

Don't believe a word of the "going for £20m because that's all they value him at."

Who values him at that? AVFC? If so, yes, that may fly. Spurs value him at £20m? :crylaugh:Er, yeah, OK Levy, we'll sell you our Koh-I-Noor for what you value him at and then on the same day look to spend a third of that on a full back.

21 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Same place I got the Bruce staying info before it became public knowledge, I challenged the 20m but with only half a season performing the way he has been they think that's all he's worth.. Maybe it's got add-ons aswell on performance based stuff and 20 mill is the starting point... we will find out in the course but I'm only repeating a message I got today... 

I've heard that Roberto Carlos is coming out of retirement and will play as our Left Wing Back with all of his wages going towards the upkeep of McCormack's gates.

Just repeating a message though so take it with a pinch of salt.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Easy for me to say sat in my shorts playing Xbox and living my humdrum life but as a Villa fan I can’t imagine ever wanting to play for any other club unless it was abroad somewhere. Wouldn’t feel right. Especially already being on £20+ a week (my years salary), a millionaire and set for life. 

I know I could feel differently if I was in Jacks shoes maybe but I’m really very confident I’d never leave Villa if I was a player there. If he goes then whatever, I won’t wish him unhappiness but I won’t wish him well either as he won’t be one of ours anymore. Villa > Jack.

I hope he stays. Guessing he won’t.

it really depends...there are players that come from a villa family, that grew up following the club etc without necessarily being the die hard fans we are. he also was probably playing youth footy at the weekends rather than being at the back of the holte singing. not questioning whether jack is a villa fan or not, just saying that you just dont know how big a fan he really is. craig gardner played a number of years for us despite being a blues fan...you have to question how big a fan he is to play for his fierce rivals

a players career is short - you want to be remembered in the game, to make an impact at the highest levels across domestic, european and international competitions. yes, he could stay at villa, but there is a damn good chance we're not getting out of this league in the next 10 years by which time jack will be 32 and could be faced with retiring with no silverware, never playing a competitive game vs a team outside england, and never representing his country.

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Id like to think we would demand that it isnt undisclosed. If we are getting decent money it should be transparent why we did it.

spurs are a PLC i believe and as a result all their transfer fees both in and out are fully disclosed...not 100% but pretty sure

We wont be selling him for 20 million!

New owners will see this as a bit of a statement so wont want to be seen backing down, and 20 million is backing down.

I can see this going through but as a panic last minute thing on deadline day.

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I read yesterday Grealish and Chester would be signing new deals, and today Grealish is apparently off. The news of Grealish changes daily.

I bet Grealish is so confused, either getting the coach up to Hull or the coach down to London tonight :D 

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

spurs are a PLC i believe and as a result all their transfer fees both in and out are fully disclosed...not 100% but pretty sure

good point

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I bet Grealish is so confused, either getting the coach up to Hull or the coach down to London tonight :D 

My major concern id that we have accepted the £20m plus addons but will end up with a one-legged player. We'll still have had the best of the deal, though, as Spurs only get his right leg. © Steve Bruce

• Haha 1

It may ( or may not) interest some that after our appalling start of 7 Points from 7 games, we played another 39 games.

With Grealish starting - Played 19/ Won 11/ Drew 3/ Lost 5.........Scored 34.....Conceeded 18.........36 Points at 1.89 per game.

Without Grealish starting - Played 20/ Won 12/  Drew 4/ Lost 4........Scored 31....Conceeded 15....40 Points at 2.00 per game.

So, without the bad start we did better without him.With the bad start included its

Without Grealish - Played 27/ Won 13/ Drew 8/ Lost 6......Scored 38......Conceeded 24.....47 Points at 1.74......So overall worse of course.

So if we do how we did without him in total, we get 80 points, Play Off.

If we do how we did without him after the first 7 games, it’s Automatic promotion !

There are many variables of course, this isn’t a scientific thesis, but I think it shows that maybe some have overstated his contribution and importance.

I love watching him, and I love he’s a fan, and I hope he stays, but, I don’t agree with the view he is essential for success.

• Like 4

Â