The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Galling if Grealish goes, but it would be for very good money - and I bet if he does then we'll have a good little option (for a fraction of his price) coming in from abroad before the end of the month, we might not miss him as much as we feared. 

Week

3 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Having just watched Bruce say “he’s going” on SSN I’m actually more confident he is staying.

He isn't staying I don't think. Spurs not a big name signing we need cash there will be a compromise and I think we will see at 30m. I think that's a good deal for us if we get that figure.

steve bruce on sky sports - 

Bruce also said the owners have reiterated that the club do not need to sell Jack Grealish, James Chester or Jonathan Kodjia to stay afloat.

"Ten or 12 days ago, everybody was for sale and now we are in a situation where no one is for sale, so it is quite a remarkable change," he said.

"When the club flew out to see me in Portugal after Steve [Round] had left and told me the problems, I did not think they were as huge as they were - I did not think of takeovers or if we had to sell Grealish, Kodjia or Chester.

"[Grealish] is not for sale, however, it is very difficult when we are competing against a team which is one of the big teams in Europe now, not just in this country and has played in the Champions League

Put up or shut up time then from what we have read on here?..

The whole thing has been a farce in how Spurs have gone about the whole episode, even though Jack is going nowhere, They are a disgrace imo!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He isn't staying I don't think. Spurs not a big name signing we need cash there will be a compromise and I think we will see at 30m. I think that's a good deal for us if we get that figure.

He again mentioned the owners saying he isn’t for sale. I cannot see Tottenham paying the price they want.

31 minutes ago, Godders said:

Today's events seem to back up that we don't have to sell players to balance the books. £6mill bid on a player without having offloaded Grealish or anyone else. If our hands were truly tied by FFP, presumably we'd be on a sell to buy basis, but it currently (as of 10:53 this morning) doesn't seem that we are. 

I hope so,

but then again if the club know they are going to get £30 million odd from selling Grealish then they probably have a bit to play with. It's very possible that we don't need ALL of the Grealish money for FFP purposes.

I think this is the quote Dem was referring to 

“There is no qustion he is a really really top, top player. I don’t say it very often, he coud play in any team. That’s what I think of him.

“The two clubs haven’t reached an agreement yet. The owner has said he is not for sale, that’s what he wants in an ideal, so do we all want that, being the manager, the supporters, we don’t want him to go.

“However, it’s very difficult, we are competing against a team which is one of the teams in Europe now, not just this country, playing in the Champions League.

“The owner has made it pretty clear that he doesn’t want to sell anybody - that includes Jack. If there is a huge, huge offer, we will have to wait and see.”

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

steve bruce on sky sports - 

Well, that does not say `he is going' as stated on a previous post.

That is no different to what Bruce said, as I remember, last week.

So no change?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He isnt a big name signing though

Â