The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Watford, Fulham & Palace are nothing stories, he picked Spurs over Leicester who’ve moved on and Newcastle who were the other serious rider in the race. That was the state of play, initially we wanted the sale hence they started talking to other clubs. Jack & his old man are genuine fans and we only have ourselves as a club to blame for this mess. 

Also find People attributing Jacks growth to Bruce bizarre, Jacks successful despite Steve Bruce. 

I don’t know anything regarding the current leanings of this saga thou, I’ve not had an update in 3-4 days so I don’t know how the takeover has effected anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Watford, Fulham & Palace are nothing stories, he picked Spurs over Leicester who’ve moved on and Newcastle who were the other serious rider in the race. That was the state of play, initially we wanted the sale hence they started talking to other clubs. Jack & his old man are genuine fans and we only have ourselves as a club to blame for this mess. 

Also find People attributing Jacks growth to Bruce bizarre, Jacks successful despite Steve Bruce. 

I don’t know anything regarding the current leanings of this saga thou, I’ve not had an update in 3-4 days so I don’t know how the takeover has effected anything. 

Not arguing one way or the other. But Jack gave an interview just before the PO final where attributed his upturn in form specifically to Bruce. Whatever we think, he clearly believes Bruce has had an effect on him that other managers haven’t.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

yes and no, bruce was finally the manager who gave him a free role in the middle and gave him the chance to shine, the thing being it was hardly genius, you could see it from the start he was getting wasted on the left, even bruce himself misused him for half a season playing him out there and dropping him for away games etc

maybe some of this maturing that most of us would thank john terry for was more bruce? we will never know that level of info

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Not arguing one way or the other. But Jack gave an interview just before the PO final where attributed his upturn in form specifically to Bruce. Whatever we think, he clearly believes Bruce has had an effect on him that other managers haven’t.

Players can't say anything else when asked a question like that.

The classic "how much influence did the manager have in your decision to join?" Woodward used to ask constantly whenever a new player signed used to bore me.

25 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Spurs itks are convinced this is going to be announced tomorrow!

Apparantly that has come from a post on the spurs page on reddit.

The post is where someone's cousins girlfriend is a coach at WBA and is meant to have spoken to Jack who told them all this info.... take it with a grain of salt

Be interesting what the fee is if he goes. 1wk ago maybe 15 mil. Now we're not in a big black hole we'll see what the club truly values him at. 

Edited by dubbs

I'd be concerned that he wouldn't hit the ground running at Spurs. There are some absolutely insane players in that MF and he isn't at that level yet. He will be, but don't think anyone could argue he is at that level currently. 

If he is their only major signing this year, then fans would be extremely intolerant, particularly if Spurs pay what we are asking. 

At the quoted price, Levy is running a huge risk of pissing off Spurs fans if Grealish has anything even resembling a settling in period. In that scenario, couldn't see Jack coping too well and would be worried for him.

• Like 1

I seriously would be asking for £40m. Is he worth that much? No. But we don't need to sell so they should pay a premium for sure.

If we sold for a penny less then that I'd be very disappointed.

Spurs itk fans, I would not worry too much about them to be honest. I think they have latched on to the strong possibility that a move is possible (which it is), and are all vying to look like they are the fountain of knowledge.

It may well happen, but I remember them telling us Benteke was signing, Ashley Young was signing and Barry was signing. I guess eventually they will get one right I suppose.

If he does go, then like @PieFacE says not a penny under £40m please. Although I think he is worth that amount. Look at the fees being touted about, Jack is easily worth that kind of money in my opinion.

53 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Players can't say anything else when asked a question like that.

The classic "how much influence did the manager have in your decision to join?" Woodward used to ask constantly whenever a new player signed used to bore me.

I agree, but this was an interview about the final, and he wasn’t asked if Bruce has had an effect on him. He just chose to come out with it.

45 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Be interesting what the fee is if he goes. 1wk ago maybe 15 mil. Now we're not in a big black hole we'll see what the club truly values him at. 

maddison set a benchmark early summer, maybe richarlison sets another one this week

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just dont think Spurs will pay 30m+ for a player like Grealish. Not when they have seen the success they have with Alli for peanuts.

For what it's worth, Jack probably needs to be playing in the Premier League now. We should be busting a gut to keep him, whether that be offering him a better deal or agreeing to let him go at the end of the season. 
It would break my heart if he tries to force the move and it gets messy. As thing stand, I'm genuinely excited to follow his career if he does move on, but won't be able to bring myself to do it if he does a Gareth Barry/Dwight Yorke.

He's the most exciting player we have had at Villa in ages, Championship or Premier League. I love the way he plays and have never quite understood how he seems to go past players at walking speed. He just has SO much time on the ball. Yes, he hasn't done anything at the top level yet and I agree he has a long way to go, but was anyone else watching the relatively poor performances of Sterling, Lingard and Alli in the World Cup and thinking - Jack is twice the player?

Come on Villa, let's keep Super Jack!

He will not go, unless a team financially forces our hand.....every player has a price....but he wants to stay

We have not seen the best of Jack yet, we seen just half a season.....He returned from injury a more mature and stronger player.....He now dominates the ball and rides tackles without kissing the grass. He is talent adding attributes to his game.....Teams like spurs who just want to take advantage of our financial position ( as was ) can **** off and stick there silly offers where the sun don't shine.

He has matured, but he needs to add goals to his game and SB needs to set up the team to help him do that.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yes and no, bruce was finally the manager who gave him a free role in the middle and gave him the chance to shine, the thing being it was hardly genius, you could see it from the start he was getting wasted on the left, even bruce himself misused him for half a season playing him out there and dropping him for away games etc

maybe some of this maturing that most of us would thank john terry for was more bruce? we will never know that level of info

As I said a few posts back I know he’s attributes it to Terry. 

Terry was a huge influence behind the scenes with all younger players, he would sit with U23 squads at meal time and give them positive advice about their game based on what he’d seen in training. 

I’d be very happy to see him given another year player/coach role

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 7392craig said:

But Jack gave an interview just before the PO final where attributed his upturn in form specifically to Bruce. Whatever we think, he clearly believes Bruce has had an effect on him that other managers haven’t.

This is not surprising, as Bruce is basically the first decent manager Jack has played for.

• Like 1

Hmmm... I think Jack would rather Bruce to be honest. If we get Henry and he fails badly which is a really likely scenario, then we will be back to changing managers every year, which won't be good for Jack's development.

• Like 1

Â