The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I hope if he does go we get a proper transfer fee for him.When our financial problems surfaced I am sure Levy was intending to take advantage of us and it is to Xias credit that he delayed the deal.The ideal situation would be to sell him but to stay here for 1 more season thereby helping us with FFP

• Like 1

We will never know. I am sure Levy thought by taking more time might make us more desperate and accept a lower fee and with this takeover the exact opposite is going to happen.Levy is under some pressure now having made no signings and 9 of their players still on holiday after World Cup.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

I hope if he does go we get a proper transfer fee for him.When our financial problems surfaced I am sure Levy was intending to take advantage of us and it is to Xias credit that he delayed the deal.The ideal situation would be to sell him but to stay here for 1 more season thereby helping us with FFP

Absolutely nothing is to Xia's credit other than him being responsible for this historic and illustrious club being within a whisker ceasing to exist. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I know for a fact that Jack met with Spurs about a month ago. 99% sure he thought it was happening. No idea whether he wanted to stay. Say we don’t need to sell him now, as a minimum it’s going to mess his head up a bit surely?

1 minute ago, Londonastonvilla said:

People have suggested that we were days away from administration at various times why was no player sold?

Maybe the financial situation was not as bad as reported or Xia didn't want to let players go cheaply

hysteria? to be fair, there probably was some truth but it all makes a great story. 

11 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

I know for a fact that Jack met with Spurs about a month ago. 99% sure he thought it was happening. No idea whether he wanted to stay. Say we don’t need to sell him now, as a minimum it’s going to mess his head up a bit surely?

More likely it will be a huge relief to him, proper weight off his shoulders if he didn't want to move. 

If his heads been turned by Spuds and he does want to leave, he still will leave, player power still wins.  Difference is he now leaves at a value acceptable to us on our terms and his fee is reinvested in players. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

How do you know for a fact that Jack met with Spuds?

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If Jack stays I will fly over to Milwaukee and give Wes Edens a big hug and a kiss on the forehead, then I will fly to London and bow down in reverence in front of Nassef Sawiris.

Just a piece of advice. You might find the whole experience more pleasurable if you hug and kiss Mallory instead of her old man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted this the transfer thread but more relevant here: 

Re Grealish, I don’t think we need to sell him now, but the fact that has is good enough to play in a premier league team suggests that one will come in for him. Plus, if a club offers £25m+ when was the last time a championship team was able to reject that sort of money? The thing that I am clinging to is knowing that Jack doesn’t want to leave, which will hopefully work in our favour. But I guess we’ll find out soon whether he wants to stay, play, and be a hero amongst villa fans, or whether money talks... 

deep down - I think he stays. 

4 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

I'm happy that Percy mentions the owners remain hopeful of persuading him to stay, there must be a reason they remain hopeful.

Yes, the owners will not yet have got hold of Jack and explained what their plans are,. i.e to become bigger and more successful than Spuds.  These guys have the means to do it, it depends what their intentions are. 

Â