The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think Jack will go regardless now, the lure of Champions League football is too big for many players. Even if we were in the PL as a mid table side, we’d still lose players to CL sides. 

I don’t begrudge him a move, and I’ll be really pleased for him if it all pans out. 

We will eventually lose him, Spurs would do to.

We need him this season, he needs to settle more, then if we go up he could stay another year and then go by mega money.

If we do the process well we could build a proper team. I would go to say Jack is the difference between promotion or stay in this league.

Now we could tell Levy pay what we want or just try somewhere else. Jack is still gonna hold his value even with one year in his contract. 

I dont think he would go for free or refuse to sign a new deal with an agreement to go. Even the snake has done that.

Who would we get in the championship to be with us once we go up? 30m could be nothing if it used badly down there.

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

I think the Icelandic owners were West Ham, but my memory is not that great anymore.

I think your memory is correct, with the owners being Eggert Magnusson and a consortium backed by the Icelandic bank Landesbanki that later went into liquidation in the wake of the Icelandic financial crisis...       

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think your memory is correct, with the owners being Eggert Magnusson and a consortium backed by the Icelandic bank Landesbanki that later went into liquidation in the wake of the Icelandic financial crisis...       

Ah yes, that’s right I recognise the name Eggert now you mention it, and the bank connection. The old grey matter still kind of works for me then. 

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Your avatar just reminded me of that heady summer in 2012 when Solskjaer was going to be our manager and flew in on Randy’s jet.

We liked him cos "Shooooooooot". man we were starved of any attacking tactics back then.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Your avatar just reminded me of that heady summer in 2012 when Solskjaer was going to be our manager and flew in on Randy’s jet.

:lol: that was wild

Don't worry, Henry is picking up the mantle

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Isn't his agent his Dad? Or did he change agent?

He’s been with Jonathan Barnett since 2015 and he isn’t normally the type of agent who would encourage a player to stay so this doesn’t make sense. Jack would get a signing on fee of around 10% of the fee and his agent would take a decent chunk of that. If he’s reluctant to recommend the move it can only be down to reservations of how much game time he might get and whether it would affect his England chances in the next couple of years.

49 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Which in retrospect would have been yet another disastrous managerial appointment ?

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why Would his agent want him to stay? 

Because an Egyptian multi billionaire has invited him and his wife on a long string of unbelievable entertainment in some of the world's most luxurious accommodations, the kind of places where guests are invited to high end parties where they are showered with gifts like Gucci handbags for the wife and rolex watches for the gents. 

All for free, because they are now getting a taste of how multi billionaires roll. 

Maybe he might like Jack hanging around for a bit longer, you know to help him develop. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Spurs itk still sure that hes off to them!

TBh im quite confident he willl be here next year, I dont think the board will want to start off with such a negative statement!

• Like 2

Â