The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Contrary to what many believe, Spurs fans are sick of Levy.  He leaves his deals to the last week of transfer window then comes out looking like he is a master negotiator.  Meanwhile Spurs have there usual awful start to the season because of it. 

I just hope he doesn’t try the same shit with Grealish 

I’ve noticed that in a few Spurs forums/threads - esp the point about slow starts

I hope he stays, of course, but i don’t believe there is any way he will “want” to, Villa fan or no. You simply don’t get to where he has as a professional athlete without a ridiculous degree of personal ambition. They go together. We know he’s driven enough and believes in himself enough to have actively chosen England over Ireland - that’s not to debate the merits of that decision, but he knows Championship players don’t play for England. There is no way he wasn’t watching the World Cup wondering what he could do on that stage (again, whether you think he is good enough or not, HE will think he’s good enough or he wouldn’t be a professional footballer).

Still, lots of great players don’t move at the earliest opportunity for one reason or another... fingers crossed we keep him as long as possible.

21 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I hope he stays, of course, but i don’t believe there is any way he will “want” to, Villa fan or no. You simply don’t get to where he has as a professional athlete without a ridiculous degree of personal ambition. They go together. We know he’s driven enough and believes in himself enough to have actively chosen England over Ireland - that’s not to debate the merits of that decision, but he knows Championship players don’t play for England. There is no way he wasn’t watching the World Cup wondering what he could do on that stage (again, whether you think he is good enough or not, HE will think he’s good enough or he wouldn’t be a professional footballer).

Still, lots of great players don’t move at the earliest opportunity for one reason or another... fingers crossed we keep him as long as possible.

You mean like Steve Gerrard, John Terry, and others?

You realise they stayed with their clubs whilst they were not on top right?

Aside from everything else, why would you jump ship when the club you have at heart now has the largest financial backing it has ever had?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from everything else, why would you jump ship when the club you have at heart now has the largest financial backing it has ever had?

It's not like he was going to before they arrived anyway. :)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

...because of everything I said in my post?

Playing for the 4th or 5th best team in the country and playing every game for England is slightly different to playing in the Championship and never getting a look in.

I absolutely believe if we were 5th in the Premier League he would want to stay. We aren’t. The examples you have referenced couldn’t be further from our situation.

Still, hope he stays!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Contrary to what many believe, Spurs fans are sick of Levy.  He leaves his deals to the last week of transfer window then comes out looking like he is a master negotiator.  Meanwhile Spurs have there usual awful start to the season because of it. 

I just hope he doesn’t try the same shit with Grealish 

Sure he ruined the Bale money. Only Eriksem was a success from what i remember

Levy has media love but he a shit football negotiator. He paid 8million for Hutton

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Playing for the 4th or 5th best team in the country and playing every game for England is slightly different to playing in the Championship and never getting a look in.

I absolutely believe if we were 5th in the Premier League he would want to stay. We aren’t. The examples you have referenced couldn’t be further from our situation.

Still, hope he stays!

Image result for ruben neves

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Because he supports Villa. He's you and he's me. He feels what we feel. I'd rather earn £30,000 a week with Villa for one more year than £60,000 with Spurs. What would you do?

I’d rather earn £30,000 a week with Villa. Along with a lack of talent (sadly!) that mental mindset is a big part of why we aren’t professional footballers.

I think any psychologist would agree with this BUT I accept there can be odd exceptions to even very defined characteristics. I hope Jack is one of them just as much as you do, so I will stop this line of argument now! :)

7 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Okay, here we go...

1) Because he's young and can play champions league football next season, or even post January if an offer comes in and we're out of the promotion challenge.

2) Because he supports Villa. He's you and he's me. He feels what we feel. I'd rather earn £30,000 a week with Villa for one more year than £60,000 with Spurs. What would you do?

3) There's no international tournament this summer. I really think this is a big plus for us.

4) Villa Park is **** beautiful.

Haha answered as a villa fan and not a realist.  As if your going to turn down a offer of 60 or 70k a week as opposed 20k here.

Let's be real here.

• Like 2

Surely if he now stays we are going to have to offer him an improved contract, not least because Spurs are prepared to treble his earnings but if he doesn’t go this summer then he will be off for peanuts next summer? 

I hope he stays but I can’t see it now, if Spurs offer £30m next week then he’ll be off.

8 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Surely if he now stays we are going to have to offer him an improved contract, not least because Spurs are prepared to treble his earnings but if he doesn’t go this summer then he will be off for peanuts next summer? 

I hope he stays but I can’t see it now, if Spurs offer £30m next week then he’ll be off.

Add half of JT's salary on top of his (also pay JT his salary first :P )

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree with the sentiment overall, but Gerrard and Terry were in teams who could legitimately challenge for trophies. Grealish (Championship trophy aside :detect:) doesn’t have this.

Zaha spent his career at Palace but was convinced to move to Man Utd (before returning). Rooney moved from his boyhood club to Man Utd. Andy Carroll moved from his boyhood club when Liverpool came knocking. Gareth Barry spent however many years at Villa before Man City came in for him. 

And so on and so forth. Grealish is much in this latter category, if not moreso, than Gerrard and Terry. Let’s just hope we can persuade him to stay for a while longer. 

Edited by bobzy

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Still, hope he stays!

Totti, Di Rossi, Maldini, Carragher, Giggs, Puyol, Scholes, Adams, Le Tissier....

Sometimes it's not about the money. Scholes didn't even have an agent FFS, he just walked in and signed whatever was on the table and went back to training. Pretty much all of that list at their peak could have walked into almost any side in the world apart from Adams and Carragher. Totti turned down going to play with Figo, Zidane, Raul tc. in one of the best sides of all time on stupid money and whilst Roma have been there or thereabouts a few times in his career there have always been stronger sids in Italy let alone the rest of europe whilst he played. 

It DOES happen they aren't all just mercenary words removed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's not good enough for Spurs ATM, needs another year to get game time.

I agree with this. Grealish isn’t playing at a much lower level. He might succeed we just don’t know. Last year for the first time he was consistently good. I think he will make it though if continue season to drop the silly behaviour like we say years ago.

I always like seeing one of our own make it and become a huge influence on the team.  However, if it means sacrificing Grealish to balance the ffp books hence allowing us to get back to the Prem quicker then he may become more of a club legend than he could on the playing style.  I still have my reservations about his overall ability at the top level and do think he is viewed with somewhat claret tinted glasses.  But hey ho, nothing will be happening this week so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy Daniel Levy looking like a complete clown for messing this up with his is contempt of driving a bargain!!  Bit you in the ass this time hasn't it Daniel?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Totti, Di Rossi, Maldini, Carragher, Giggs, Puyol, Scholes, Adams, Le Tissier....

Sometimes it's not about the money. Scholes didn't even have an agent FFS, he just walked in and signed whatever was on the table and went back to training. Pretty much all of that list at their peak could have walked into almost any side in the world apart from Adams and Carragher. Totti turned down going to play with Figo, Zidane, Raul tc. in one of the best sides of all time on stupid money and whilst Roma have been there or thereabouts a few times in his career there have always been stronger sids in Italy let alone the rest of europe whilst he played. 

It DOES happen they aren't all just mercenary words removed.

The only one on that list you could say isn’t le tisser. The rest were already at successful clubs. Giggs wouldn’t have stayed at united if they were in them championship and a top premier league club came in.

Â