The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Those at the game today look out for his reaction at the end. 

Watching it on YouTube. Just came off and didn't really do anything. Didn't look like it was his last second in a Villa shirt.

• Like 1

Well, it's simple anyway in my opinion. We keep hold of him and Chester, if it looks like we're on for promotion in January we keep hold of them. If that's not the case but we've found a way to negate FFP then try and keep hold of them. If it looks like we aren't going up and need to sell them then for FFP purposes then so be it. Important thing is, we're back in the driving seat.

4 hours ago, av1 said:

I couldn't give toss about Jacks career, or his chances of a England call up should he leave. 

I support Aston Villa not Jack Grealish. 

Don’t we all but players will generally do what’s best for them

yeah FFP isn't calculated until March, which technically gives us another half year before we *have* to sell before FFP is calculated and punishment doled out. I certainly wont be surprised to him sold but it's not done and dusted like it was before the investment. Also, like Nigel said his career has been marred by inconsistency and off-the-field issues. This past 6 months was hands down the longest stretch of consistent form from him; if Southgate told him his England football is contingent on PL playing time, he really should at least step up to a mid-table club like Everton or Leicester to ply his trade before trying to break into a CL squad. Those squads are reasonable steps up, but Spurs seems far too ambitious for him atm.

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Bruce is fair game for many things but not this. When Bruce arrived Grealish was still very much billy big bollocks going off the rails and since then he has really knuckled down, trains hard and looks after himself fully focused on his career and improving his game and that has shown on the field where he has played his best football over the last 6 months or so. 

Both on and off the field Bruce is a major factor in Jack starting to realise his potential.

I know for a fact Jack personally attributes it to Terry taking the time to talk to him and advise him about his game all the time. 

As I said before I know a fair amount about this deal I said Spurs weeks ago, personal terms are agreed in principle. The last 24 hours have obviously thrown a spanner in the works so it’s an if he moves now, yesterday morning it was when. 

Also my point was we wouldn’t be in this situation with Jack if Bruce hadn’t failed to get us promoted, If we’d gone up this conversation doesn’t happen 

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hmmm... Bruce saying all transfers are now on hold, and Grealish apparently had to tell Bruce he wanted to play? 

Why would he need to tell Bruce that? 

Because basically Jack was 99% our the door, Levy trying to low ball us has stalled it and backfired on him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Because basically Jack was 99% our the door, Levy trying to low ball us has stalled it and backfired on him

But... is his transfer still on though? Surely if it was off now then there would be no doubts whether Grealish should play or not. 

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

esfeI know for a fact Jack personally attributes it to Terry taking the time to talk to him and advise him about his game all the time. 

As I said before I know a fair amount about this deal I said Spurs weeks ago, personal terms are agreed in principle. The last 24 hours have obviously thrown a spanner in the works so it’s an if he moves now, yesterday morning it was when. 

Also my point was we wouldn’t be in this situation with Jack if Bruce hadn’t failed to get us promoted, If we’d gone up this conversation doesn’t happen 

Right, exactly why Bruce signed Terry.

There are lots of reasonable things people can criticise Bruce for but this side of things he did well.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

But... is his transfer still on though? Surely if it was off now then there would be no doubts whether Grealish should play or not. 

I was told last night it should still go through however our valuation has now risen.

Levy thought we were desperate and offered lower and was prepared to wait assuming we’d become more desperate, they know they’ve beaten off other interest and Spurs is Jacks choice. 

It’s backfired on him, if they meet our valuation it will go through, this is widely know behind the scene, hence Bruce asking him because potentially it could cost Jack a big move. It’s financially a huge move for him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Right, exactly why Bruce signed Terry.

There are lots of reasonable things people can criticise Bruce for but this side of things he did well.

Yes Terry was a good signing from Bruce, I still feel he failed though and as a consequence we will lose Jack.

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I was told last night it should still go through however our valuation has now risen.

Levy thought we were desperate and offered lower and was prepared to wait assuming we’d become more desperate, they know they’ve beaten off other interest and Spurs is Jacks choice. 

It’s backfired on him, if they meet our valuation it will go through, this is widely know behind the scene, hence Bruce asking him because potentially it could cost Jack a big move. It’s financially a huge move for him. 

Well, I hope the club can find a way to stop the sale from going through.

Though, it's unlikely imo.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well, I hope the club can find a way to stop the sale from going through.

Though, it's unlikely imo.

I think the club will try. Although the situation makes its understandable, i don't think new owners would want their first bit of business to be selling off the best player, who also happens to be a local lad. 

Ultimately i think Jack will want to leave. I never understood this nonsense notion that we would have to flog Jack against his wishes. 

Villa fan or not, Spurs are sadly a much bigger pull atm and i imagine Jack os already practising cockney slang, and counting the bees and honey. 

Â