The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, romavillan said:

That Bruce statement is **** atrocious, he's basically saying everyone knows we are broke and need to sell and so we'll have to accept getting a total butt fudging on deadline day for our best players. Sounds like an awesome summer plan then. We can expect more genius leadership from this shower of shit.

Totally agree, to my mind it's grounds for dismissal. He's basically said we'll have to sell everyone for whatever offers come in, whenever they come in. It's the worst possible thing to communicate at this time when we clearly need to push prices up.

What he should have said was something like. "we all know the situation regarding FFP, we need to sell players during the season, but there's no rush right now and we'll wait for the right offer for club and player"

it's clear we need to sell, but Steve Bruce just played into Levy's hands !

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Maybe this is part of the plan?

Bruce: 'We are expecting a real tough time on Deadline Day, we'll know they'll wait until then'

*Deadline Day comes*

AVFC: 'Sorry lads, not for sale, maybe at Christmas?'

Ha "plan"! Clutching at straws matey. We are in a desperate situation thanks to Dr Looney and his crew. This summer, has been, and will be chaos. 

4 hours ago, dukes said:

Totally agree, to my mind it's grounds for dismissal. He's basically said we'll have to sell everyone for whatever offers come in, whenever they come in. It's the worst possible thing to communicate at this time when we clearly need to push prices up.

What he should have said was something like. "we all know the situation regarding FFP, we need to sell players during the season, but there's no rush right now and we'll wait for the right offer for club and player"

It's completely insane, say anything but that, say "i dunno what's going on actually" or even better bluff it out a bit at least, say you want to keep your best players and use some youth to get promoted. Do not under any circumstances say "we will accept insulting offers because we are up shit creek, we will even accept a raping on deadline day when we have no time to replace them". The mind boggles.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dukes said:

We can't fool anyone any more. Bruce's comments make no difference to Levy.

What is really sticking in the throat is that you know we will sell Grealish below his market because come August we will be desperate for any cash.  

Classic Villa. Buy high, sell low. 

It has to be close between Sunderland and Villa to win the the 'most incompetent transfer policy' since 2010 award. Truly and utterly clueless now by 2 owners, and 3 ceo's.

How difficult is it? Spurs and even Everton for Mcgrath's sake look like business geniuses compared to our shower of shite that has been going for what seems like decades.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

What is really sticking in the throat is that you know we will sell Grealish below his market because come August we will be desperate for any cash.  

Classic Villa. Buy high, sell low. 

It has to be close between Sunderland and Villa to win the the 'most incompetent transfer policy' since 2010 award. Truly and utterly clueless now by 2 owners, and 3 ceo's.

How difficult is it? Spurs and even Everton for Mcgrath's sake look like business geniuses compared to our shower of shite that has been going for what seems like decades.

Sunderland / Villa 

American Owners - Check 

MON former manager - check 

Bruce former manager - check 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 07/07/2018 at 06:22, Robbie09 said:

I think we’re the same generation Mark and as far back as the late 70’s we’ve seen players like Gray, Gidman, Platt, Yorke, and more recently Milner, Barry & Benteke leave for various reasons, either ambition or for financial gain.

Jack leaving us a bigger kick in the balls for me than any of the above names. In previous years we’ve used transfer fees to replace outgoing players, this season it’s just to keep Dr F***wit’s ego going.

Watching Jack go is, to me, far worse than all of Platt, Yorke, Barry and all the others the last 7-8 years. A true Villan who last season showed his true level. Jack is in my opinion good enough to play at the absolute best level as it is. Apparently PSG is paying 100 million for Kante FFS...

Edited by Hughes
  • Like 1

Hi, spurs fan here in peace. It seems that Grealish going to Tottenham is likely, could anybody tell me a bit about him as a player? Some Tottenham fans are talking about him as a replacement to Dembele but I thought he was an attacking midfielder. Could be schooled to a central midfielder/box-to-box midfielder or is he already playing that role for you?

2 minutes ago, Karl Emil said:

Hi, spurs fan here in peace. It seems that Grealish going to Tottenham is likely, could anybody tell me a bit about him as a player? Some Tottenham fans are talking about him as a replacement to Dembele but I thought he was an attacking midfielder. Could be schooled to a central midfielder/box-to-box midfielder or is he already playing that role for you?

He's amazing. I just hope you don't end up selling him to Real Madrid like Bale, because I hate Real. 

He's more like a Hazard type of player. I hate you all for this situation. 

11 minutes ago, Karl Emil said:

He's not worth the money, I'd look elsewhere. Spurs have much better players as of now.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, villianusa said:

He's not worth the money, I'd look elsewhere. Spurs have much better players as of now.

I'll give Daniel a call then, no need to waste money

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Karl Emil said:

You'll get a lot of free kicks because he is always constantly fouled, the times when he doesnt get fouled he can carry the ball from defence to attack and usually pick the right pass.

He doesnt have blistering pace, which is probably his weak point, and why I would say he isnt like Hazard in that regard.  His shooting from the left hand side cutting onto his right foot is amazing, but not as good shooting from a central position.

I'd say a Dembele comparison is fair, but he's a little more exciting, as Dembele seems to lay it off rather than run at people after he does his initial clever turn to make space for himself.

7 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Yes, if I was being brutally honest, and without wishing to invite the inevitable, I'm rather glad they haven't been sniffing around Ross McCormack instead. Glad he's stayed under the radar so far.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Karl Emil said:

I'll give Daniel a call then, no need to waste money

Joking aside, he is our most creative player and was very good for us last season, where a number of players fell short.

He is a number 10, and if Dele plays much more like he did against Sweden the other night, he could push for his position. i don't think it would be a good move for him if he does leave, I don't think he will play week in, week out, and that's what he needs right. He missed a good portion of the season of last season, and truly only putting together his first consistent season of good performances.

I believe he is worth 30 million in the present market, but you can have him for 20 million and loan (to buy) him back to us for a season, if the loan goals well we will purchase him back for a good 75% of his sale value. :P 

Â