The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It’s a weird, cyclical situation. When Lerner left, many, many (I’d say most) fans wanted someone to come in and throw the cash around. I seem to remember specifically people wanting to be like Man City/Chelsea.

Now we’ve spent too much and are having to sell our best assets. People will want the owner gone and a new owner to come in and throw the cash around. Let’s be the next Man City!

Then we’ll have spent too much and need to sell our best assets. People will want the owner gone and...

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s a weird, cyclical situation. When Lerner left, many, many (I’d say most) fans wanted someone to come in and throw the cash around. I seem to remember specifically people wanting to be like Man City/Chelsea.

Now we’ve spent too much and are having to sell our best assets. People will want the owner gone and a new owner to come in and throw the cash around. Let’s be the next Man City!

Then we’ll have spent too much and need to sell our best assets. People will want the owner gone and...

There was nothing wrong with throwing the cash around, it's the manner we threw it around which has left us with a number of massively overpaid players on for this league massively inflated wages, and players like Hogan who don't fit our system and MacCormack who are unstable.

We could have spent exactly the same amount of money but failed and now have a number of players who are amongst the best in the league which we were able to easily move on instead of being totally hamstrung by them. 

It's the poor management which has killed us not throwing money around. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You can throw cash around without throwing all of it/cash you don't even have around. Man City and co have the money to cover their losses which is the key difference. Xia and even Lerner were blowing money they didn't have and couldn't cover once they inevitably didn't reach their target. They were basically gambling with the club.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There was nothing wrong with throwing the cash around, it's the manner we threw it around which has left us with a number of massively overpaid players on for this league massively inflated wages, and players like Hogan who don't fit our system and MacCormack who are unstable.

We could have spent exactly the same amount of money but failed and now have a number of players who are amongst the best in the league which we were able to easily move on instead of being totally hamstrung by them. 

It's the poor management which has killed us not throwing money around. 

Of course it’s poor management. The notion of having a well-run club was below having a rich owner, though. The chances of having it all are few and far between.

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Xia is a liar. Pretty sure he said we hadn't touched the parachute payments. The maths in all of this just doesn't add up...borrowing money like future parachute payments to gamble on going up last season was **** stupid. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not to forget borrowing against future players fees.

Do we know how much of his own money Xia has actually put in to the club?

Less than the average season ticket holder. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not to forget borrowing against future players fees.

My guess would be none. The guy has no money and never did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Well there are two schools of thought. Zero, or the extra (on top of purchase price) that was recently converted into equity, from memory about £60 mill.

12 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

He can't replace Jack when he's injured and going to be out for ages. 

Is he injured mate? If so didn't know that. Hourihane in the 10 role then if Bruce continues to play the same way?

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Is he injured mate? If so didn't know that. Hourihane in the 10 role then if Bruce continues to play the same way?

That’s if we can even hang onto Hourihane...

Am so pissed off at the situation. Having to wait until now for the manager to provide some revelations too. Why the hell couldn’t Xia, the owner, be anywhere near as transparent?

Why all the lies and cover ups? Wyness was full of shit all along.

What a mess, they’ve just toyed with us fans.

Am just feeling a mixture of anger, frustration and complete sadness...

Edited by Jas10

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How many times last season did we hear "we have planned for all eventualities; if we dont win promotion, we have a plan in place; we're on course to be in line with FFP; etc, etc.". Biggest steaming pile of horseshite ever. Chancers just wrecking our club. Going to take an age to recover, cant believe this has happened to us. Think this season will be more painful to witness than even 15/16. Just hope the kids can step up to and form a side we can be proud of. Think midtable would be a success the way things are shaping up.

The plan, of course, could be to sell our best players and bring through youth?  I mean, not a plan that people would love, but a plan nonetheless...

That Bruce statement is **** atrocious, he's basically saying everyone knows we are broke and need to sell and so we'll have to accept getting a total butt fudging on deadline day for our best players. Sounds like an awesome summer plan then. We can expect more genius leadership from this shower of shit.

• Like 1

Â