The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 hours ago, terrytini said:

I’ve not seen anyone rue us selling our best player. That’s just football as you say.

Its the circumstances of financial mismanagement and failure to go up with such a decent squad that has meant (1) he is going earlier than would’ve been the case and (2) the money is going down the drain.

18 hours ago, blandy said:

Sure players leaving isn't new. I don't think anyone's said it is, have they? For my post you replied to I hope the clue as to why I think it's different is in these words

It's not that he's leaving, it's that he's leaving because we're financially effed. That's the first difference for me.

The second is that while I admired the quality of Ashley Young or Benteke, to me they were essentially "just very good players" who happened to be at Villa. Jack is an exceptional talent who didn't turn up at Villa by a kind of revolving market. He is here because Villa is his Club and his team. 

Another factor is that the funds won't go to buy replacement(s), they'll go towards the massive financial back hole and disappear.

18 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I think the biggest difference between selling Grealish, and Benteke, Delph or Yorke is the fact all of the latter wanted to move, whereas it would seem Grealish isn’t angling for a move but we’re pushing it due to mismanagement. 

Even the likes of Coutinho pushed for their big move making Liverpool a selling club. 

Yes every club is a selling club, but this situation is quite unique in that Grealish looks like he would quite happily stick around a bit longer. 

19 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I have no issue selling him.

What i do have issue with is none of that money will be reinvested back into the squad.

22 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That's the worst part of it for me. Having to sell him when he (presumably) hasn't asked to leave. The only decent footballer in our team yet we have to sell them due to mismanagement, whilst paying McCormack and Richards a huge salary.

Especially for @bannedfromHandV who was so appalled at my lack of reasons.

Disagree by all means, but don’t accuse me or imply, of not having reasons for my view.

• Like 2

Just now, terrytini said:

What’s wrong with you ? What have I said to merit your original,sarcastic post and then this follow up ?

Nothing wrong with me Terry, I just thought that for someone so "stunned" by something you may have had something to say yourself.

Maybe you were just too "stunned" to back it up.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Nothing wrong with me Terry, I just thought that for someone so "stunned" by something you may have had something to say yourself.

Maybe you were just too "stunned" to back it up.

You should cut out the sarcasm, it’s pathetic.

As I said in my reply a couple of pages ago the answers were all over the previous pages .

Dear me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it's a collection of factors Dave.

Even if Xia was the richest man in the world we'd need to adhere to FFP and my (uninformed) understanding of FFP is that it's not easy to circumvent by pumping millions in, it's based on revenue vs running costs fundamentally (I believe).

People are looking for scapegoats and someone to blame, I think everyone at Villa (over the past decade) has played a part in where we are today.

Well I don’t generally agree with much you say, but I agree with the above. In my opinion Xia should take the bulk of the blame for our current plight, but like everyone else I’m feeding off scraps of info, most of which is just other people’s opinion and not based in fact. So as a generalisation I’m working on a no smoke without fire view. I doubt we will ever have all the facts, not that we ever do. 

• Like 1

I tend to agree with @bannedfromHandVregarding his sale, yes he's a decent player, yes he could possibly be a great player, but the underlying problem most have is the fact he's "one of us" and I can probably bet my 3rd bollock that everyone here would play for their club, for free, forever, which means he should too.

Matt Le Tissier is the perfect example of what we think Jack should be emulating but what we don't realise is Le Tissier only had probably a quarter of the career/success he should have had, if he'd signed for United in the early 90s he'd have had 100 England caps instead of the half dozen or so he ended up with.

I'm the opposite when it comes to "one of our own", I want them to be successful and win things, unfortunately, in Jack's case, it won't be with us anytime soon and if his sale placates the FFP vultures and keeps our great club afloat then so be it, he will leave with thanks and my blessing.

*Still don't think he's leaving though.

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

I tend to agree with @bannedfromHandVregarding his sale, yes he's a decent player, yes he could possibly be a great player, but the underlying problem most have is the fact he's "one of us" and I can probably bet my 3rd bollock that everyone here would play for their club, for free, forever, which means he should too.

Matt Le Tissier is the perfect example of what we think Jack should be emulating but what we don't realise is Le Tissier only had probably a quarter of the career/success he should have had, if he'd signed for United in the early 90s he'd have had 100 England caps instead of the half dozen or so he ended up with.

I'm the opposite when it comes to "one of our own", I want them to be successful and win things, unfortunately, in Jack's case, it won't be with us anytime soon and if his sale placates the FFP vultures and keeps our great club afloat then so be it, he will leave with thanks and my blessing.

*Still don't think he's leaving though.

Matt Le Tissier rightly or wrongly made a personal decision to stay at Southampton. I’m not sure Jack has much say in it, even if he wants to stay and weather out the storm, the sale could be forced on him because of the incompetent way we have been run. 

It's all true about selling best players etc, but without the horrific financial management of the last couple of years, there's been no indication that Jack would want to leave, especially now.  Yes, he may have been tempted away at some point but he and Villa could have dictated the timing and terms.

As it is, we are in negotiations (apparently) with Levy - the hardest negotiator in football - with no-one of any experience on our side.  Jack will go and for a fraction of what he should go for and we'll bend over and take it.

That's why it's sad.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So the reasons for your view is what other people think and say? 

To be fair, everyone is influenced by what they hear from other people, we can’t all have personal experience or knowledge of anything but a fraction of the things that we form an opinion on. Companies pay fortunes to people who can influence people’s opinion on everything from politics to shampoo. Let’s face it, the exchange of opinions in here wouldn’t become so heated at times if we didn’t wish to convince our fellow posters of the merits of our own opinions. 

Just for the record I don’t necessarily believe that my opinion is always right, but it’s definitely correct north of 99% of the time......

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So the reasons for your view is what other people think and say? 

This is ridiculous.

I’ve clearly posted my own view three times now, a few pages back the original has several likes, I’m not inventing it. it’s inclused in the multi quote as well. 

Additional reasons are there which I agree with, are you suggesting they aren’t my opinion just because I’ve not retuned  them !!??

I said I can’t see how you see there’s no difference, you asked for what differences there are, I’ve listed many. 

Again, I’ve no idea why you are posting like this to me, I will now use the ignore...I’m sure I’m not the only one.. Bye.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Matt Le Tissier rightly or wrongly made a personal decision to stay at Southampton. I’m not sure Jack has much say in it, even if he wants to stay and weather out the storm, the sale could be forced on him because of the incompetent way we have been run. 

Can't argue with that Dave, the club can't force him to do anything however, ultimately it's down to the player to agree terms and sign, fees are agreed all the time but he can just say no.

It will basically boil down to the wormtongues who have his ear and how driven by success or money he is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

This is ridiculous.

I’ve clearly posted my own view three times now, a few pages back the original has several likes, I’m not inventing it. it’s inclused in the multi quote as well. 

Additional reasons are there which I agree with, are you suggesting they aren’t my opinion just because I’ve not retuned  them !!??

I said I can’t see how you see there’s no difference, you asked for what differences there are, I’ve listed many. 

Again, I’ve no idea why you are posting like this to me, I will now use the ignore...I’m sure I’m not the only one.. Bye.

Terry, you're making out like I've just launched an unprovoked tirade of abuse at you, unless you have a short memory I'm sure you can recall that this commenced because you felt a need to let everyone know how 'stunned' you were at something I'd written.

Since then all I've asked for is an explanation as to why, to which you have replied by copying and pasting everyone else's comments.

And here we are, and yet, I'm the bad guy?!

I'm sure we can avoid these exchanges going forward now I've made the ignored list anyway.

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

Can't argue with that Dave, the club can't force him to do anything however, ultimately it's down to the player to agree terms and sign, fees are agreed all the time but he can just say no.

It will basically boil down to the wormtongues who have his ear and how driven by success or money he is.

in this day and age, a player refusing a move for financially more than a typical lottery win (bearing in mind he'll pocket a nice % of the transfer fee) because he wants to stay at his boyhood club would be unprecedented and frankly, just wouldnt happen. if they accept a bid, he's off unfortunately. the plus for us is that considering we are apparently his boyhood club is that he's unlikely to throw his toys out the pram if he doesn't get a prem move. he's unlikely to get into the england squad in the near future in any case...#itscominghome

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

in this day and age, a player refusing a move for financially more than a typical lottery win (bearing in mind he'll pocket a nice % of the transfer fee) because he wants to stay at his boyhood club would be unprecedented and frankly, just wouldnt happen. if they accept a bid, he's off unfortunately. the plus for us is that considering we are apparently his boyhood club is that he's unlikely to throw his toys out the pram if he doesn't get a prem move. he's unlikely to get into the england squad in the near future in any case...#itscominghome

This last bit...I actually think there could be a place for him in this England team. If he was playing top level for a technical club I think he'd quickly get in the squad. It's part of the reason why regretfully I can justify his leaving. 

• Like 1

Why is it that everyone presumes that Jack wants to stay, and is being forced to leave kicking and screaming against his will?

The situation is grim, and i don't need to tell you what i think of Xia, but even if weren't in the financial mess we are, Jack would probably have jumped at the chance to play for Spurs anyway. 

Jack won't leave because he is being forced out, nor will he leave in the belief that moving is for the greater good (it terms of his transfer fee helping us out), he will leave because he wants to. 

Â