The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

For me, the problem was the two behind Jack. Jedi and Lansbury are both lacking in energy and mobility. When the ball was moved to Jack effectively, he made a difference. He set Albert up for two sitters in the first half but Albert was fast asleep on both occasions. 

Considering Lansbury was effectively playing to show his worth, I thought his performance was disgraceful. No urgency whatsoever. Why Bruce signed him I will never know

Completely agree....Jack was isolated in midfield, Grabban isolated up front, Lansbury and Jedi were anonymous. Movement ahead of Jack was non existent.

Mind you when an entire place in the team is used up by a blocking DM who can do nothing else, against a bottom half side, you are handicapped from the off.

• Like 1

One goal in the 2nd tier in almost an entire season does not suggest he is anything like the player people have hyped him up to be. 

It's not all about goals of course, but if he was a shadow of the player being built up by some of our fanbase then he would have a least got close to double figures.

He does a lot of running, makes some decent passes, but for me, he should be contributing far more than he has.

A good Championship player with the potential to be a very good Championship player. That's how I see him.

If you took the wonder kid from Wolves and played him our team last night I don't think the comments would be any different than we are seeing about Grealish.

The question is is it when he plays well the team play well or vice versa

The tactics were absolutely horrible for him to really do much, especially when he was inexplicably played deeper to accommodate for extra strikers.

Even so, he was once again at the heart of the few good things we managed to muster. He put Adomah clear through twice, which he should have scored from, and was the cause of every threatening attack we had, few as they were.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, M_Afro said:

For me, the problem was the two behind Jack. Jedi and Lansbury are both lacking in energy and mobility. When the ball was moved to Jack effectively, he made a difference. He set Albert up for two sitters in the first half but Albert was fast asleep on both occasions. 

Considering Lansbury was effectively playing to show his worth, I thought his performance was disgraceful. No urgency whatsoever. Why Bruce signed him I will never know

In fairness to lansbury he did get back to make one vital interception with the hull striker facing an open goal , but I felt overall the midfield was poor and no cohesion - far rather barney or axel as dm if we need one as far more mobile and better passers of the ball.

Grealish had an off night for him but can’t be blamed too much as the midfield was weak as piss

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No surprise that when the genius in charge plays him deep, so he can get every centre forward possible on the pitch, that we look even worse. 

I dont agree with this. Everything about grealish play yesterday was dreadful. Falling over like a baby every five minutes,losing the ball all the time, picking out poor passes. He was just utter shit yesterday.

I thought he was ovee this inconsistent form but sadly its still the same grealish. 4-5 good games followed by 3 shit games.

For me he will never be a too player of he continues like that.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont agree with this. Everything about grealish play yesterday was dreadful. Falling over like a baby every five minutes,losing the ball all the time, picking out poor passes. He was just utter shit yesterday.

I thought he was ovee this inconsistent form but sadly its still the same grealish. 4-5 good games followed by 3 shit games.

For me he will never be a too player of he continues like that.

He completed more passes than any other villa player. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He completed more passes than any other villa player. 

He was still awful and has been like moat of the players the laat three games.

Top players still can put in a performance even when their team mates are not. When the likes of snodgrass and adomah play badly grealish does the same but starts with the falling over and waving his arms crap that I can't stand.

If think if he was as good as some made out he'd be elevating himself big time right now, but the final ingredient is still missing and that's goals, he needs to score more from the position he plays in and the killer pass needs to be more regular. I think he'll be in a the premier league next season, at a bottom half club, not with us, as we won't get there.

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If think if he was as good as some made out he'd be elevating himself big time right now, but the final ingredient is still missing and that's goals, he needs to score more from the position he plays in and the killer pass needs to be more regular. I think he'll be in a the premier league next season, at a bottom half club, not with us, as we won't get there.

This. Attacking midfielder with few goals or assists. He looks good on the ball but he needs to affect games more. Hull is a game he should have controlled 

He has missed half a season remember.

He should score more goals. Tends to prefer side footing rather than lacing it on occasions.

That said his level after coming back for two months was fantastic.

A problem has been Snodgrass and particularly Adomah having big dips in form last few weeks. So teams can then be confident just leaving their wide players to deal with those two and doubling up on Jack so he has less space to run into.

If Albert can find his first half of the season form again then they'll be more space for Jack to be effective in.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He has missed half a season remember.

He should score more goals. Tends to prefer side footing rather than lacing it on occasions.

That said his level after coming back for two months was fantastic.

A problem has been Snodgrass and particularly Adomah having big dips in form last few weeks. So teams can then be confident just leaving their wide players to deal with those two and doubling up on Jack so he has less space to run into.

If Albert can find his first half of the season form again then they'll be more space for Jack to be effective in.

Dont get me wrong.. hes been decent... in the Championship. If he plays like this in the Premier League he will be exposed. I dont know how many gears he has to go in his career. To be honest.. a move away from VP is probably his best move to further his career. Bit like Albrighton. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KSV said:

Dont get me wrong.. hes been decent... in the Championship. If he plays like this in the Premier League he will be exposed. I dont know how many gears he has to go in his career. To be honest.. a move away from VP is probably his best move to further his career. Bit like Albrighton. 

Yep, an attacking midfielder needs output, he does make a lot of key passes that help set up attacks and goals, that is great, but he simply has to deliver more in the goals department.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, KSV said:

He played well enough under Sherwood to suggest he can be a decent enough premier league talent.

Needs to be set up correctly in a team though, I think it's a little similar to Barkley, burst on the scene but long term struggling to find his place in a top level side as he's seen as luxury player.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He played well enough under Sherwood to suggest he can be a decent enough premier league talent.

Needs to be set up correctly in a team though, I think it's a little similar to Barkley, burst on the scene but long term struggling to find his place in a top level side as he's seen as luxury player.

After the Wolves performance, and people wanking exorbitantly over him, it seems, not for the first time, he started to believe his own hype.

I noticed the dip in performance and almost over cockiness from the QPR performance.

Either way as others have pointed out, everything was out of sorts which also would not help.

• Like 1

He kind of gave up after being fouled a few times when breaking free. He was so passive afterwards with an endless series of meaningless sideways and backwards 5yd passes. Maybe he simply doesn't have the competitive fire inside, but I know how I'd deal with facing Grealish. He needs to show that he can't be fouled out of a game, whereby he essentially gives up. 

18 hours ago, KSV said:

Agree with this.  He needs to be playing with a better players to really prove how good he is. If we don't go up I see some bids coming in. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I don't know the reason.....but his performances since Wolves has made a significant dive.....He seems like he is pithering on the ball and being caught in possession.

could be a lack of options off the ball to play to...I don't know, but the fizz is not there.

They all look a shadow of themselves to be fair.

Â