The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If this is the main statistic you're looking at, it's inadequate to judge his performances (or even his involvement in goals). I don't know where you are, and I don't know how many of the games you can see, but he has an involvement in our play far, far beyond what can be revealed by counting goals and assists. 

Plus he usually creates goals by making that killer pass to someone like Adomah who then sets up somebody else. But it was Grealish's pass that set the whole thing going.

I couldn't care if he'd got zero goals and zero assists this season. He'd still have been absolutely vital to our form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Plus he usually creates goals by making that killer pass to someone like Adomah who then sets up somebody else. But it was Grealish's pass that set the whole thing going.

I couldn't care if he'd got zero goals and zero assists this season. He'd still have been absolutely vital to our form.

Also teams double up on him which leaves space for others .

• Like 2

Good interview in the telegraph. No doubt he loves us, desperately wants to be back in the prem and speaks very highly of JT. I think we get one more year if we don't go up. 

Interesting that he said he prefers to be on the left of a front 3. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Good interview in the telegraph. No doubt he loves us, desperately wants to be back in the prem and speaks very highly of JT. I think we get one more year if we don't go up. 

I was unable to read it due to firewall, could you post it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I read it as on the left of a 3 in the middle of the park.

Click that link and it's pretty much all there though all you have to do is just sign up on the Telegraph and you can read it. Really good interview. 

Considering how often we talk about his end product, I thought this was an interesting stat

In his 19 games he has created 30 goal-scoring chances with a passing accuracy of 85.15, while his dribbling success rate is just under 60 per cent. Now there is end product to go with the X-Factor haircut and trademark rolled-down socks.

It's not bad really, he might not have loads of assists but I can think of a few times in recent weeks when he's given the ball to someone in a great position and nothing come from it (Snodgrass/Adomah v Sunderland and Grabban v Bolton)

• Like 2

Yeah people are obsessed.

It's a good addition to coverage and discussion, but it's going too far where people are looking to it first as a barometer of how good a player is.

It can go both ways though and make a player seem like they're not performing, like this case in Grealish. Or it can "boost" a player's/team's performance if they rack up numbers in key areas but aren't contributing much.

He’s gone if we don’t go up, I’ve had that told me by someone who knows him. He views himself as a premiership player and wants premiership football and wages. 

I think some on this board are delusional as to how catastrophic not going up is, this will be a massive failure from Bruce should we not get promoted 

he might think that but he'd be in for a shock when the likes of watford are his best option

there was rumours in the week norwich had stuck a £25m price tag on maddison, i think with his marketing value added on we would push north of £30m for Jack, cant see many PL teams biting if im honest

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s gone if we don’t go up, I’ve had that told me by someone who knows him. He views himself as a premiership player and wants premiership football and wages. 

I think some on this board are delusional as to how catastrophic not going up is, this will be a massive failure from Bruce should we not get promoted 

No one is delusional......we all want to go up.

but there is a bunch of teams with the same ambition.....its called competition.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 01:39, A'Villan said:

^This disheartens me as a football enthusiast. That people need to look at a stats sheet in order to quantify someone's quality.

You watch the game, you should see someones (Grealish's) contributions.

I could not agree more......it tries to negate the ability to interpret all the effective bits in a game.

take passes for instance......a 100%pass rate only tells you so much, it doesn't value the quality of the pass or the significance/value of the effect.

There is no substitute for watching a game.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2018 at 21:38, Eastie said:

Also teams double up on him which leaves space for others .

But those others need to take advantage of it......not get a deck chair out.

that for me is the key issue.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2018 at 01:39, A'Villan said:

^This disheartens me as a football enthusiast. That people need to look at a stats sheet in order to quantify someone's quality.

You watch the game, you should see someones (Grealish's) contributions.

See: Emile Heskey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

But those others need to take advantage of it......not get a deck chair out.

that for me is the key issue.

I'll never forget the time against Wolves when he was literally left alone in the corner with 4 Wolves players around him.

It was infuriating.

Obviously we smashed in that match, but it's crazy how long we take to switch on sometimes.

If we were more proactive alot of the time our results would be much better I feel.

• Like 1

Â