The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

one average game where he was moved into QB position as we chased the game and he’s jumped on...

The overreaction is real.

It works both ways. A few superb games in the championship and fans are saying he should be going to the World Cup. 

This is football. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

He's not going to make the Russia squad.  Take the Villa coloured glasses off, Southgate already has to work hard to win over a sceptical fanbase and picking an unproven kid from the Championship who has missed half the season through injury isn't going to do him any favours is it? 

Hardly unproven. I'm fairly certain he's on Southgates radar. It's not like England are blessed with this type of player either. I'd definitely include him in the squad, because he gives you that something extra.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Rev said:

He's not going to make the Russia squad.  Take the Villa coloured glasses off, Southgate already has to work hard to win over a sceptical fanbase and picking an unproven kid from the Championship who has missed half the season through injury isn't going to do him any favours is it? 

Spot on, it's cringe worthy to see some talk this up. He's a good player for us, but no where near international level at this stage, for an attacking player he really needs to improve his output for starters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It works both ways. A few superb games in the championship and fans are saying he should be going to the World Cup. 

This is football. 

As part of the squad based on his potential and the quality of the England reserves. One is far more reactionary than the other

Wasn't even that poor against QPR, I thought he had some nice moments and could have had a goal.

It was the fact that we conceded three goals that lost us the match, not Jack.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Wasn't even that poor against QPR, I thought he had some nice moments and could have had a goal.

It was the fact that we conceded three goals that lost us the match, not Jack.

should have

53 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

should have

Would have been a very different game. Then there was Snodgrass hitting the woodwork.

It's these moments we're going to have to capitalise on if we want automatic promotion.

I have to say though Jack was extremely lacklustre in defence for the 3rd goal.

One of our players of the season for me. We look a fret (to quote Paul Merson) going forward with him in the lineup. We have Alli and Lallana in that position for England so he's going to have to be as good if not better than them before he gets near the England squad. 

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

Can see him leaving this summer when we don't go up. 

I don't think so. To me, if we don't go up means Jack hasn't delivered. He'll have suitors, but it wouldn't be the right time. 

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't think so. To me, if we don't go up means Jack hasn't delivered. He'll have suitors, but it wouldn't be the right time. 

Bit harsh. I'd hoped over the last couple of years we'd have moved on from putting the entire club on the shoulders of Grealish. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bit harsh. I'd hoped over the last couple of years we'd have moved on from putting the entire club on the shoulders of Grealish. 

He's scored one goal and assisted four. We need more from him without it being "the entire club on the shoulders..."

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

He's scored one goal and assisted four. We need more from him without it being "the entire club on the shoulders..."

You said if we don't go up it means jack hasn't delivered. Yes, stats wise, he could produce more but we can't just rely on Grealish to get us up. We put stupid pressure on him when he first broke into the team. With the squad we have there are plenty who need to contribute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You said if we don't go up it means jack hasn't delivered. Yes, stats wise, he could produce more but we can't just rely on Grealish to get us up. We put stupid pressure on him when he first broke into the team. With the squad we have there are plenty who need to contribute.

True, many haven't delivered then, including Jack.

Â