The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

My favourite part of his game last night was when he got the ball in the right back position and he had three Wolves players around him trying to get it off him and they couldn't get near taking the ball of him. In the end he was fouled although the ref gave a goal kick I believe. That was like watching the best kid at school keeping the ball away from everybody else :D

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, villarocker said:

My favourite part of his game last night was when he got the ball in the right back position and he had three Wolves players around him trying to get it off him and they couldn't get near taking the ball of him. In the end he was fouled although the ref gave a goal kick I believe. That was like watching the best kid at school keeping the ball away from everybody else :D

That scared the hell out of me though. I wanted him to just smash the ball out! 

22 hours ago, Jareth said:

We can't do the wages, but in the prem we just about could, along with his love of the club we might get another contract out of him. 

We need one of those stupid Barcelona/Real Madrid type "Life" contracts with a stupendous buyout clause.

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Sometimes I wonder why he doesn't just dribble past the defence and toe poke it past the keeper but then again we already have a play that can do that :D

That's still the next step - can he add a little more end product by way of goals. It's only a matter of time IMO, his confidence is growing by the game and as others have stated he has enough ability to go on and become one of the greatest ever Villans. The rocky start to his career will only add to the legend. 

The likes of Jota, Snodgrass, Cavaleiro, Adomah, Douglas, Chester and Boly may well be Premier League players. Potentially good ones. There were however two genuinely top class players on the pitch Saturday, heading for world class. We need to build our future around one of them.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's still the next step - can he add a little more end product by way of goals. It's only a matter of time IMO, his confidence is growing by the game and as others have stated he has enough ability to go on and become one of the greatest ever Villans. The rocky start to his career will only add to the legend. 

The likes of Jota, Snodgrass, Cavaleiro, Adomah, Douglas, Chester and Boly may well be Premier League players. Potentially good ones. There were however two genuinely top class players on the pitch Saturday, heading for world class. We need to build our future around one of them.

And keep the other for his long locks, Marvel name and solo goals

• Haha 2

On 11/03/2018 at 06:16, KJT123 said:

The best thing to have ever happened to him was the injury he picked up in pre-season. 

Could be. You have to think that picking up a freak injury like that makes you start to really appreciate every game you are fit enough to play. Maybe you realise that any game could be your last.

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

e.g Messi and Ronaldo didnt really add goals to there game until about the age Jack is now so its possible he can become a more dangerous player in front of goal

**** I am not comparing him to them in terms its an example

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

e.g Messi and Ronaldo didnt really add goals to there game until about the age Jack is now so its possible he can become a more dangerous player in front of goal

Quite right, you shouldn't be.

He's far better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Perhaps a better example might be De Bruyne, who was maybe 23/24 before he really kicked on. In fact he was Jacks age when Chelsea signed him from a league of a lesser level than the Championship and he didn't get on at all there, so there's plenty of room, and time, for Jack to grow into the player he will become. 

Can he be as good as De Bruyne? Well I think so, the ceiling is there. Will he? I'm less sure but if a player like Fabian Delph can be a regular for Man City, give him a couple more years to develop and put a player of Jack's natural ability and trajectory into a team like that and he will excel. He's already good enough for an admittedly average England side. Hell I'd start him in a couple of weeks and see what he's made of.  

Almost worryingly, I think he can get to Champions League level very soon.

Jack's had 90% of the technique and understanding for the last few seasons already. He's slowly getting better at everything else in the mean time.

He'd be more of a true 10 for a lot of teams but you look at the way Pep plays Silva and De Bruyne centre mid, he'd suit that position down to the ground :mellow:

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Almost worryingly, I think he can get to Champions League level very soon.

Jack's had 90% of the technique and understanding for the last few seasons already. He's slowly getting better at everything else in the mean time.

He'd be more of a true 10 for a lot of teams but you look at the way Pep plays Silva and De Bruyne centre mid, he'd suit that position down to the ground :mellow:

Which is why we need to start playing that way. Next season Jack and Gil in front of a new midfield destroyer. You heard it here first ;)

I'm amazed by how highly people on here are rating him, almost unanimously. He looks fantastic at this level since he got over his injury but he's got a long way to go to show this is a consistent level of performance and I'm worried whether he'll perform this well in the prem. 

Doing very well, looks class and I'm very happy he's at the club, just to clarify. Don't want to knock him just not sure saying he's a potential champions league player soon and could be as good as de bruyne is sensible. Sets us up for disappointment. It wasn't long ago I would have been very happy if he'd just been good enough to be a prem league squad player for us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'm amazed by how highly people on here are rating him, almost unanimously. He looks fantastic at this level since he got over his injury but he's got a long way to go to show this is a consistent level of performance and I'm worried whether he'll perform this well in the prem. 

Doing very well, looks class and I'm very happy he's at the club, just to clarify. Don't want to knock him just not sure saying he's a potential champions league player soon and could be as good as de bruyne is sensible. Sets us up for disappointment. It wasn't long ago I would have been very happy if he'd just been good enough to be a prem league squad player for us. 

Nobody has said he will be as good as De Bruyne, certainly not that he is now. I was mostly making a development/ceiling comparison.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nobody has said he will be as good as De Bruyne, certainly not that he is now. I was mostly making a development/ceiling comparison.

I said that you said he could be as good as De Bruyne, which is paraphrasing admittedly but hard to argue you didn't say that. 

I'm not knocking you, it's nice to see fans mainly positive about all of our players, last time I was on here consistently was at the start of the season where the toxicity of the relegation season was creeping back in, I'm enjoying the positivity and good vibes surrounding villa and the players + staff. 

Just a natural reflex of mine to dampen expectations I guess. I used to put it down to being a Villa fan, I'll have to think of a new excuse now. 

Â