The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How many seasons are we likely to give him before he actually starts consistently performing? Was the same last season.  I really thought at this level he would excel but he has been pretty shit a majority of the season.

Gary Gardners bank account says hi.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

How many seasons are we likely to give him before he actually starts consistently performing? Was the same last season.  I really thought at this level he would excel but he has been pretty shit a majority of the season.

He's a 21 year old kid who won't be near being one of our highest earners. I'd give him plenty of time, personally.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

He's a 21 year old kid who won't be near being one of our highest earners. I'd give him plenty of time, personally.  

I think he might be earning a fair bit myself having signed an improved contract that takes him up to 2020 last year. That would give him a couple more years to show that he can reach the heights that he reached in that Liverpool semi-final consistently. I hope he can do that sooner rather than later. Next season would be a nice time to show it week in and week out.    

• Like 1

He needs to show more next season, absolutely. But right now he is still very young and hasn't had massive runs in the side. A quick look online and I counted his longest run being 7 games, his next longest run was 5 starts in a row this season. That's not a lot and you need consistency to become a good player IMO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So could it be the end of his VP career, Bruce doesn't seem to trust him and hasn't come off the bench in a while.

He's he's been Injured and was only back in the squad yesterday - I think he has to be patient and when he gets his chance he must take it - there much better quality in midfield now and if grealish doesn't deliver he will be out .

He has had many chances this season and can only blame himself for not taking those chances and establishing himself - as for now the bench is where he should be .

@mikeyp102

Not sure if it's at that point yet, but I agree looking at how the team is set up, it's hard to find an obvious starting place for him. 

In all honesty I've not managed to watch a great deal lately (hence why I rarely comment on performances). 

But from the sounds of it, the left side is between Green and Amavi, I don't see him replacing anyone in centre midfield. Maybe for now he'll be deployed as an impact sub, drawing fouls against tired legs when we need it.

I think Bruce isn't done with Jack just yet.

He needs to start showing us more. Been a big advocate of him but it's a two way street, simply doesn't do enough on the ball, doesn't impose himself on matches enough, when he really should be doing that at this level. If he can't do that then he has no place here I'm afraid. 

• Like 4

I think it's a case of yesterday he wasn't fit enough to play 90 minutes, and then tactically 'Amavi for Grealish' wasn't the best possible substitution. 

We'll know more about where he stands after the Norwich game I would have thought. 

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It would be foolish to give up on him at this point. 

For the first time since he's full start under Sherwood, i think we're at a point where we clearly don't rely on him and he's clearly not our saviour. 

I think that can only be a good thing for his progression from this point on. 

I think this is crucial for me. He is an icing on the cake player but he has played a lot where the pressure is all on him to do stuff. We are winning now and more confident and we have Lansbury, Hourihane, Adomah and Kodjia who can all contribute and take pressure off Jack

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It would be foolish to give up on him at this point. 

For the first time since he's full start under Sherwood, i think we're at a point where we clearly don't rely on him and he's clearly not our saviour. 

I think that can only be a good thing for his progression from this point on. 

A loan may do him the world of good. I dont think hes good enough for Villa. He wont get the games he requires. Doesnt have the work ethic off the ball and doesnt do enough on it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KSV said:

A loan may do him the world of good. I dont think hes good enough for Villa. He wont get the games he requires. Doesnt have the work ethic off the ball and doesnt do enough on it. 

He's proven he's good enough at a seriously high level. He's had a poor spell and let himself down at times but to say he's not good enough for us is crazy IMO. 

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's proven he's good enough at a seriously high level. He's had a poor spell and let himself down at times but to say he's not good enough for us is crazy IMO. 

It depends how you interpret 'good enough'. I think he's certainly got the natural talent and skill for the very top, but being a good player is a lot more than that. He's the most skillful player at the club...but he's just not that good imo....as in, no end product & no influence on games.

Nathan Delfouneso had bucket loads of skill and natural talent...was he a good player?...was he better than gabby?....not in my opinion.

I'd still persevere with him, and maybe with less pressure on him now he may get better...but I ain't holding my breath

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

the one game against Liverpool? He hasnt proven anything yet. I have seen Green play better than him already. 

• Like 1

Â