The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I would have Green in the side over Grealish any day of the week. That I'd think that at their respective stages of their careers says more about Grealish than Green.

Jack is running out of chances fast.

Agreed. I think even RHM will go past him as well. At least the pressure will be off him then.. 

There is no complicated, intrinsic science behind this. It's quite simple. Train hard, strive to improve(which you need to clearly) and you'll play. Don't and you won't. That's it from my viewpoint anyway.

• Like 2

He hasn't really seized the moment in the Championship. At this level he should be standing out in pretty much every game he plays because he has the ability to do so, but he really has failed to do that, so although I'm not happy he's injured I do not think he'll be a massive loss based on his exploits this season. Time after time he allows games to pass him by, just not proactive enough, doesn't demand the ball enough and doesn't do enough when he has it. 

I'm disappointed because I really thought he'd excel this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He hasn't really seized the moment in the Championship. At this level he should be standing out in pretty much every game he plays because he has the ability to do so, but he really has failed to do that, so although I'm not happy he's injured I do not think he'll be a massive loss based on his exploits this season. Time after time he allows games to pass him by, just not proactive enough, doesn't demand the ball enough and doesn't do enough when he has it. 

I'm disappointed because I really thought he'd excel this season. 

Whilst true, we have changed managers, changed players and changed formations (far too much with that one) so it will always be hard for a young player to make an impact.

16 hours ago, DK82 said:

Whilst true, we have changed managers, changed players and changed formations (far too much with that one) so it will always be hard for a young player to make an impact.

That is just more excuses for him.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DK82 said:

I don't think that holds weight to be fair. Andre Green  ?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I've been pretty critical of him, but I also don't think the situation helps.

As for Green, he has just come into the team - a different situation to Jack, and yes he has caused his own problems too - but he has been playing in a very unstable team.

• Like 3

On 3/5/2017 at 10:02, Johnnyp said:

I don't think that holds weight to be fair. Andre Green  ?

Hasn't really been a part of the first team. The odd 5 minutes here and there doesn't count for much. 

Grealish has had a stormy 2 years. I still rate his ability, he took a ball down and turned on a 6 pence on Saturday and I thought to myself there isn't another player on the pitch who could do that. However, the boy wonder tag has well and truly been lost, he just can't find consistency. No matter what the reason for it. 

Maybe it will do him good. He's not the main man anymore, nor is he expected to be. Nor should he be at that age. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

On 05/03/2017 at 09:45, TrentVilla said:

I think that's unfair.  Grealish hasn't kicked on as we'd have all hoped, and there's definitely a chance that his attitude is holding him back, but he's been in a pretty unstable situation for quite a while now (as have a lot of our players).

He's got talent and needs to apply it.  I actually think, whilst I've been critical of him too, the pressure has got to him.  He was expected to be a great player, being linked to Man City et al at one point, and probably expected to "cruise" a bit in the Championship.  As this hasn't happened, I think he'll feel somewhat "free" to express himself properly next season.

• Like 3

The managerial situation has been very destabilising but the really good players seem to deliver regardless of issues like that. It might be a reason for not being massively consistent, but not an excuse for what I see as some really poor performances. He's showing, at a much lower level than the premier league, that he can't really dominate matches and have a prolonged influence over them. I think he is too lackadaisical in possession, not enough urgency, too much of a preference for holding onto the ball and dribbling with it, rather than releasing it earlier, and he tends to assume he has more time on the ball than he has (leading to him making poor decisions).  

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Sure, but he's only 21 and plays in a position that doesn't really allow for "domination of matches".  He's still learning and has a lot to learn, rather than being a player who should be reaching their peak but isn't doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I think that's unfair.  Grealish hasn't kicked on as we'd have all hoped, and there's definitely a chance that his attitude is holding him back, but he's been in a pretty unstable situation for quite a while now (as have a lot of our players).

He's got talent and needs to apply it.  I actually think, whilst I've been critical of him too, the pressure has got to him.  He was expected to be a great player, being linked to Man City et al at one point, and probably expected to "cruise" a bit in the Championship.  As this hasn't happened, I think he'll feel somewhat "free" to express himself properly next season.

Hopefully at another club.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

How many seasons are we likely to give him before he actually starts consistently performing? Was the same last season.  I really thought at this level he would excel but he has been pretty shit a majority of the season.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How many seasons are we likely to give him before he actually starts consistently performing? Was the same last season.  I really thought at this level he would excel but he has been pretty shit a majority of the season.

He has let himself down at times and should take a long hard look at Andre green who has taken his chance and performed admirably.

jack needs to lose the petulance arm waving and moaning and get on with playing his football - he looked great at Wembley v Liverpool and has pretty much wasted the last 2 years rather than kicking on.

Personally I think his best position is as a number 10, picking up space in between the lines and driving forward when get gets the ball. Unfortunately, for whatever reason it's a system we just cannot play as we always need 3 centre midfielders, so Jack seems to be getting shoved out wide where he's not great imo. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Â