The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He doesn't suit the team as is at present 

he's not a wide man and we can't have him wandering around in a free role as it offers no width within the setup that Bruce is playing ( that's a rant for another thread)

played a class ball through for Hogan who as a spectator for most of the match fluffed it ... he has it in his locker but we aren't going to see it for some time unless Bruce flukes his Brian Little / Tommy Johnson moment 

To be fair when has he ever suited the team? Guys probably had only a handful of excellent games for us. He is has been very shit just like every one else. Buthe what anboys me is he thinks he is something special he isn't.  Just  player with potential that's Chieveley **** all

Day off? Come on.. whens he had a day on?? Most overated player i have ever seen on the forums. How many games has he played that we actually won? Seriously. Look into it. He is a liability and its like we are playing with 10 men. I think he may go onto become a decent player.. but maybe he just cant handle it at Villa.. the way Stan couldnt. Needs to be benched and put in a player who will put in.. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Come off it. The kid didn't even try today. He didn't even try! Just let everyone do his pressing for him. Jumped out of everything. Was always a yard off his man...didn't even try and go shoulder to shoulder or force something.  

Is this a shock to people? Grealish has been doing this all season long. Defensively he just doesn't care at all. We have conceded quite a few goals because Grealish refuses to track his runner, or even close down space. 

17 hours ago, Harry said:

If Grealish's name was Westwood VT would be all over him. As he is 'one of our own' he gets away with murder.

I'd argue the opposite. Because he's "one of our own", he gets massive amounts of stick every time he doesn't play well. Despite being 21. People just use the fact he's a Villa fan as a stick to beat him with "because he should want it more".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Buthe what anboys me is he thinks he is something special he isn't.  Just  player with potential that's Chieveley **** all

Still trying to work out what the hell that says... Nope... nah

Edited by villarule123

18 hours ago, KSV said:

Day off? Come on.. whens he had a day on?? Most overated player i have ever seen on the forums. How many games has he played that we actually won? Seriously. Look into it. He is a liability and its like we are playing with 10 men. I think he may go onto become a decent player.. but maybe he just cant handle it at Villa.. the way Stan couldnt. Needs to be benched and put in a player who will put in.. 

I think this is spot on. He is the most gifted player at the club, looks fantastic on the ball, but what does he actually do with it....and do we win when he starts?

Jedinak is nowhere near grealish as far as skill and natural talent goes, but with him in instead of grealish we win more games. Yes its ugly, but we win more games....and that is all we need at rhe moment. 

• Like 1

I expected more from him this season, with his ability he really should stand out but he doesn't, and even though he has played under some awful managers in awful systems he hasn't really shown the character to step up and really show us what he's made of and what he can do. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not if it's the right manager, playing decent football. 

I don't think its that simple with Jack  unfortunately. Just my opinion but I think if we were playing decent football he wouldn't get in the team. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Under the right manager grealish be great 

:crylaugh:

So could so many more youngsters. Even Che Adams has done better than him season

Che Adams 28 games 4 goals as a striker  Grealish not a striker 24 games 3 goals 

pretty fair and bizarre comparison

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'd argue the opposite. Because he's "one of our own", he gets massive amounts of stick every time he doesn't play well. Despite being 21. People just use the fact he's a Villa fan as a stick to beat him with "because he should want it more".

My point was more about the fact he not really as good a player as many think he is rather than how he plays in any game.  Over the years all the evidence suggests that our academy isn't that good at producing premiership or perhaps even championship grade players. 

Â