The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

At the business ends of the pitch, he contributes very little. He'll draw a few fouls, and get people moist over some step overs in the middle of nowhere, but most of the time I feel like people let him do his thing because they're smart enough to realise he's not a threat at all in the middle of the pitch.

As soon as he gets in to the final third, he gets shut down like a little bitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Come off it. The kid didn't even try today. He didn't even try! Just let everyone do his pressing for him. Jumped out of everything. Was always a yard off his man...didn't even try and go shoulder to shoulder or force something.  

Spot on!Watch when all the others are running back and theres him just walking back.Cant even put a foot in for a tackle lazy as sin sorry but he isnt all that.

my problem with it being that when we have 11 players playing shit, going missing and not putting a shift in is it grealish that gets the abuse?

he's no worse than anyone else, no really a lot better half the time but we're expecting jack to be the one that drags us out of the shit and elevates us as a team to winning the game

its not going to happen, jack will shine when the team plays well has lots of the ball and lots of people moving ahead of him, theres a shockingly unrealistic expectation on him

• Like 1

He used the ball well. Don't really recall him making a bad pass to be honest. I'm sure someone will post a stat to prove that wrong, but from watching the game whenever he got the ball he played it well.

But like Hutton, he's one of those players that falls under the "If he didn't have a great game, it means he had a bad one" umbrella.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my problem with it being that when we have 11 players playing shit, going missing and not putting a shift in is it grealish that gets the abuse?

he's no worse than anyone else, no really a lot better half the time but we're expecting jack to be the one that drags us out of the shit and elevates us as a team to winning the game

its not going to happen, jack will shine when the team plays well has lots of the ball and lots of people moving ahead of him, theres a shockingly unrealistic expectation on him

Doesn't excuse the fan's reaction at the sub but he really was shocking tonight. You can't excuse lack of effort.

• Like 1

I've wanted him to do well. But he obviously doesn't. An absolute disgraceful performance. Bottled every tackle. Shit passes. Lost the ball. Didn't try, walked round the pitch all the match. 

Don't get why people feel the need to bring out personal appearance to criticise though.

He doesn't suit the team as is at present 

he's not a wide man and we can't have him wandering around in a free role as it offers no width within the setup that Bruce is playing ( that's a rant for another thread)

played a class ball through for Hogan who as a spectator for most of the match fluffed it ... he has it in his locker but we aren't going to see it for some time unless Bruce flukes his Brian Little / Tommy Johnson moment 

He was very good in the first half - the 4-2-3-1 system we were playing with Hourihane and Lansbury behind him, Hogan in front and Adomah and Kodjia wide worked really well, we controlled things and we looked comfortable and creative. 

Second half we went 4-4-2 and he struggled to have the same impact from the left hand side - we're struggling for a natural left sided midfielder for a proper 4-4-2. 

That said, I think he did pretty well and I think the booing had more to do with the scoreline than his performance - once we get to that stage, things are difficult.

• Like 2

We can talk all day and night about JG's strengths and weaknesses, but ultimately the one thing that concerns me most, is that I've never seen the lad bust a gut. I want him to succeed, I've defended him in many an argument, but without hard work no player ever fulfills their potential. 

I watched the first half of Bournmouth v Man Citeh last night, and the thing that stood out for me was the way Bournmouth worked so hard and in every position. They played for each other and everyone put in maximum effort. Citeh had a little more quality but Bournmouth were excellent. I can't remember the last time I saw a Villa team work like that, let alone Jack Grealish. 

• Like 2

Â