The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack needs to grow up and let his football do the talking (for the umpteenth time!) 

For me he is the epitome of Villa at the moment: all promise and hope but in reality a bit meh, frustrating and a constant disappointment. 

Dont believe the hype. 

• Like 1

The first booking was pathetic though, he didn't hoof it away petulantly he literally just passed it forward to our player, I have seen the ball kicked away after the whistle has gone a thousand times without a booking.

We want a player that gets stuck in, the second tackle was reckless because of the booking but he is no doubt being coached to track back and tackle more, this time he got it all wrong.

I don't think his performances have been good enough, but I don't see what happened yesterday as a reflection on his youth and attitude, as it could have happened to any of our team.

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

The first booking was pathetic though, he didn't hoof it away petulantly he literally just passed it forward to our player, I have seen the ball kicked away after the whistle has gone a thousand times without a booking.

We want a player that gets stuck in, the second tackle was reckless because of the booking but he is no doubt being coached to track back and tackle more, this time he got it all wrong.

I don't think his performances have been good enough, but I don't see what happened yesterday as a reflection on his youth and attitude, as it could have happened to any of our team.

He kicked it away. That is stupid and a certain yellow.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He kicked it away. That is stupid and a certain yellow.

i'm sorry it really isn't, hoofing it angrily off the pitch or to time waste is one thing, he passed it forward. By the letter of the law thousands more bookings could be issue, sometimes common sense prevails, it didn't here.

Not defending the tackle for the second yellow, that was stupid in light of the first.

He has such a lot of learning to do and his decision making is suspect more often than not.

He has some brilliant moments in a game......but sadly, blink and you might miss them.

when he has'nt got the ball he looks like a spare p**** at a wedding.

57 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i'm sorry it really isn't, hoofing it angrily off the pitch or to time waste is one thing, he passed it forward. By the letter of the law thousands more bookings could be issue, sometimes common sense prevails, it didn't here.

Not defending the tackle for the second yellow, that was stupid in light of the first.

Totally deserved both  yellows in my opinion - he didn't pass the ball - he kicked it several yards away from where the offence took place - dissent , kicking the ball away or time wasting - call it what you wish but it was stupid right in front of the referee and totally deserved.

Edited by Eastie

56 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

The game had already been stopped. We see it differently, VO, that's ok.

• Like 1

To be quite honest ive seen grealish offer nothing to suggest he is championship quality let alone prem quality.

Yes he has some natural talent but he has no brain, no instinct and no common sense.

Id sell him tomorrow (transfer window allowing) if we got a bid of 10m - i really dont think he has wjat it takes to survive at villa.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Totally deserved both  yellows in my opinion - he didn't pass the ball - he kicked it several yards away from where the offence took place - dissent , kicking the ball away or time wasting - call it what you wish but it was stupid right in front of the referee and totally deserved.

fair enough my opinion is it was harsh, not because it wasn't dumb, but because i've seen worse dissent not punished.

12 hours ago, SidSidSidSid said:

:)...Maybe your 8-a-side team are taking it too seriously!?!?!? ;)

Yeah, hands up, not my finest moment. Said in anger and OTT. Still, the idea that I don't half talk some rubbish is not news to me.

However, in the words of the police:

Don't think me unkind
Words are hard to find
They're only cheques I've left unsigned
From the banks of chaos in my mind

And when their eloquence escapes me
Their logic ties me up and rapes me

So when that eloquence escaped me I think all I was trying to get at was that his teammates must be very much annoyed with him for that sort of thing.

VT based public apologies aside, it spoke volumes of his character. In hindsight that game is like a microcosm of his career so far. Start's off showing his obvious talent, contributes in game, makes a few bad decisions, acts like a petulant child and we all end up on the losing side.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The good thing now is we have competition for places so Bruce doesn't have to rely on grealish when he does stupid things like forest. Now he has to try earn his place back 

Could be a while before he gets another chance .

21 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Jack needs to grow up and let his football do the talking (for the umpteenth time!)

His behaviour and approach to the match on Saturday was about as mature as you might expect from a 14 year old. So I suspect his growing up is going to take too long for him to be any use to Villa.

I don't totally blame him, by the way. He is in a long line of youth players who show talent but who are somehow not brought through to be capable of playing at first team level for or club. There has been something very wrong with our development of youth players for a long time.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

His behaviour and approach to the match on Saturday was about as mature as you might expect from a 14 year old. So I suspect his growing up is going to take too long for him to be any use to Villa.

I don't totally blame him, by the way. He is in a long line of youth players who show talent but who are somehow not brought through to be capable of playing at first team level for or club. There has been something very wrong with our development of youth players for a long time.

Unfortunately he has the ability but if he continues as he is he route go down the failed potential route...

I just want to get away from the discussion for the stupid red (I agree with everyone), and say that Jack actually looked quite good in the midfield free role. Obviously his run and pass to Kodjia was nice, but Jack was also finding space and make good runs. It's a shame that he got the red because I'd like to have seen him in the same role next match. 

Edited by Czechlad

On 05/02/2017 at 17:08, VillanousOne said:

Everybody knows you don't kick the ball away. He kicked the ball away. The ball didn't need to go anywhere else — it was in the right place.

He needs a good end to the season otherwise there will be a taking stock of talent and value!

Â