The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 hours ago, Jimbop said:

Bacuna starting over Grealish is a joke decision for me. Bacuna likes to think he's a big lad but he definitely isn't. He's awful at trapping the ball with his right foot never mind his left. When Jack came on at least when the ball went to him you knew he'd only lose it if he got crowded out, not because he couldn't control it like half our team (Hutton, Bacuna, Cissokho, Gestede), he needs to be playing from now on.

Bacuna was obviously there to cover Hutton who constantly was sprinting far up the pitch. Grealish doesn't offer the same defensive support Bacuna does, and we would have been ripped to shreds on the right if RDM started Hutton-Grealish

45 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Bacuna was obviously there to cover Hutton who constantly was sprinting far up the pitch. Grealish doesn't offer the same defensive support Bacuna does, and we would have been ripped to shreds on the right if RDM started Hutton-Grealish

Exactly.. We were already weakened on the left because of Cissokho-Ayew it would have been a nightmare had RDM done the same on the right.  

Jack is another in a long line of players cut extra slack because he came through the club rather than via a transfer.

There is no reason why he should have been in the starting 11 on Sunday and he did little when came on to warrant a place in the next league match.

He really needs to up his game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Jack . is another in a long line of players cut extra slack because he came through the club rather than via a transfer.

There is no reason why he should have been in the starting 11 on Sunday and he did little when came on to warrant a place in the next league match.

I think he's cut some slack because he has bags of potential and has shown the quality he has. It would be daft to throw that away.

If he hasn't shown enough to start then surely neither has Gardner, bacuna or Gestede. 

He needs to up his game, no question. But he needs to be on the pitch in order to do that. 

I'd be surprised if RDM doesn't give him a good chance this year. Spoke very fondly of him in the summer. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Jack is another in a long line of players cut extra slack because he came through the club rather than via a transfer.

Totally agree. I'm not even sure he has a game to "up". He had a few good moments under Sherwood, Liverpool at Wembley being the main one, but other than that I think he is terribly overrated. If that stat of 19 straight losses is correct then that's incredible. He offers very little protection at the back, as the 4-0 defeat at Everton showed, and doesn't do a great deal going forward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Forrestieri had beating of Hutton all day and Bacuna nowhere to be seen at times

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I know he should've got at least a hat trick in the 10 mins he came on for. What's he doing??? 

6 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'll be honest, I've yet to actually be impressed by anything Grealish has done. I got caught up in the hype but he's done precisely nothing so far.

The semi final showed what he's capable of with good players around him.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'll pass thanks.

It seemed unreasonable you to use his display yesterday as an example of how he needs to improve. Even though I do agree he has a lot to show and he needs to step up.

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Spot on Trent

Nobody wants Jack to succeed here more than I do.  However, he seems to have lost the momentum slightly over the past year or so.

I would possibly have started him on Sunday as I didn't see that line up coming.  I would be looking to improve in that position though and don't think that jack warrants a start currently-He needs to find consistency from somewhere.

I was interested to hear Ray Wilkins say on the radio that he was going to recommend him to Mark Hughes.  Clearly he has something that others don't-He just needs to get that continuity somehow.

RDM won't suffer fools. Jack is in the last chance saloon, if he does nothing this season he's finished at Villa and probably his career hopes of Top level football.

He needs to show more than promise 3 seasons  down the line, doesn't want to become another Luke Moore.

I thought he was fine. Was direct, took on his man and that's what you want from a winger. Criticising someone for a 10 minute appearance in which he completed every pass he made, won free kicks and corners and didn't lose the ball... I don't get it. Each to their own.

• Like 4

Â