The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm putting it out there he'll be our player of the year this season..

front four of:

Adama (if ever fit) Grealish Green

Ayew

with Gestede/Hepburn-Murphy and another (hopefully a good signing), will create and score plenty in this league. We'll still need other options but it's a good start.

• Like 2

I think RDM will make him a priority and get the best out of him. Play him behind the striker and let him flourish. He's got a point to prove this year and I can see him being a star. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Saw him against Worcester today and he was positive going forward, but same old grealish when it comes to not knowing when to release the ball and lay it off. 

Needs game time. 

Who did he have in front of him?

Edit - though that doesn't sound like "same old Grealish" to me. The old Grealish, bearing in mind he's 20, would lay it off constantly. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Him Gardner looked a class above the rest today against Cambridge Utd as well. He looks to be more positive this season, I like that we're playing him in the 10 role. He seems a lot more effective and involved through the middle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UGC said:

Him Gardner looked a class above the rest today against Cambridge Utd as well. He looks to be more positive this season, I like that we're playing him in the 10 role. He seems a lot more effective and involved through the middle.

I've said it ever since Black was appointed. Play him in 10 position behind Ayew. Green and Adama (if ever fit), either side.

• Like 2

We'll see I guess. He has the ability to rip a lot teams in this league apart but he will need to learn how to impose himself on games rather than be on the edge of them. He will also have to be very resilient as he will get kicked all over the park, manage that and we'll be playing against 10 men quite a few times I'd imagine.

I'm still not convinced he will have the focus he needs and be able to curb the behaviour I think that destroyed last season for him.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I've said it ever since Black was appointed. Play him in 10 position behind Ayew. Green and Adama (if ever fit), either side.

Would love this.

Don't think we will ever see Adama again so we need a quality winger signed up. 

• Like 1

I have a mate who's a Palace fan and watched us lose 2-1 at their place last season. He was absolutely astounded at how good Grealish looked that day and said to me, the problem with Villa is, 'they have too many Gabby Agbonlahors and not enough Grealishes'. This was a pretty nice write up of him the other week:

http://villatillidie.co.uk/2016/07/14/jack-the-lad-or-jack-the-man/

He’s certainly got the right words to make us think he has: “I want to be a driving force for the team this season. I want to be one of the lads that the others look up to and get inspiration from.”

Good to see he's reigned it in with the mental holidays too:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-what-aston-villas-jack-11533827

• Like 1

Well apparently he is back in two weeks according to the Dr. 

Very much doubt this and I'd be surprised if we ever saw him again. I don't know how good he is but we better hope he is amazing because with our current squad we have no chance of promotion. 

Â