The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Good on you Jack. Much better off season than last season. Thats what is needed to reach your potential. His attitude and fight is what was missed last season.. plus his fitness looked poor. A player of his ability should really dominate the Championship. 

5 goals 5-10 assists? 10 goals 10 assists? i wonder what hed set his target too. 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bold prediction...kid to take the division by storm and make PFA team of year.

Go on Jack. 

Yep I was going to put a bet on championship player of the year, but couldn't find it on the site I use.

Jordan Graham was absolutely dominating for Wolves last year, and Jack has always been higher rated.

Be nice to see him do things just a tad quicker too. His build up play can be quite slow and ineffective at times, he'll throw a lot of shapes then just end up passing it backwards to a team mate.  He's a real talent. Needs to kick on and deliver this year.

I maintain that last year, both based on his career progression to that point and his ability, will be looked back on as outlier for Jack. A young, gifted individual suffering from both injuries and a distinct lack of leadership having a torrid time in a horrid team. 

He takes his share of the blame for that but onwards and upwards. Build a team around him, manage him and he will be a star for us. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

The thought of Grealish and Traore on either side is pretty exciting. If they're on form, they can tear teams apart.

And, dare I say it, Gil? 

The three of them behind a decent striker at this level could be very good, as long as we have 2 decent CMs behind them to do the dirty work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I maintain that last year, both based on his career progression to that point and his ability, will be looked back on as outlier for Jack. A young, gifted individual suffering from both injuries and a distinct lack of leadership having a torrid time in a horrid team. 

He takes his share of the blame for that but onwards and upwards. Build a team around him, manage him and he will be a star for us. 

Agreed.  Think Sherwood said he was the most talented/gifted in the squad at the time.  Petrov will no doubt be a good influence to him and agree that he could be a really big player this season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Put it this way...

You are young, rich and made for life and in danger of pissing away your talent then you see Stan...

Fighting for his life wasn't enough for Stan he then fought to return to the game and the club he loves against all odds.

Either that has an impact on you or you are a lost cause.

said it before and no defence for Jack as he made mistakes last season but as a young player looking around your dressing room and see leaders like Lescott, Gabby, Richards etc acting like clearings in the woods its not really going to help you get out of a rut.

Petrov and Elphick as well seems like a good pro along with a professional managerial setup that it can only help players not just Jack, other youngsters like Tshibola and Gollini as well

• Like 1

If there's anyone from last years squad I'm happy to hand a clean slate to it's Jack. I don't know how to explain it, but I just like him, he is talented and young, and I'm sure he will be a star for us... 

We all do stupid stuff when we're kids, lord knows I did. Part of becoming an adult is taking responsibility for our actions, and learning from our mistakes. He certainly seems to have, and looks to have really knuckled down this summer.

Â