The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Yes really

You don't seriously think that any one of our players would turn down the opportunity of Premier League football and a minimum of £1million per year (that's £4million over the length of a contract) because they love and feel loyalty to good old Aston Villa do you?

Whether they'll get offers is another thing but don't kid yourself that their agents won't be touting them.

Touting them as what? Training ground dummies? Bearing in mind that they were part of what has been described as "one of the worst teams in SPORTS history" - hyperbole that is all too frequent on this forum - I await the stampede of PL clubs heading towards RDM's door 

Edited by SirSteveUK

6 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Touting them as what? Training ground dummies? Bearing in mind that they were part of what has been described as "one of the worst teams in SPORTS history" - hyperbole that is all too frequent on this forum - I await the stampede of PL clubs heading towards RDM's door 

Apart from Guzan and possibly players like Hutton and/or Gestede your choice (the magical 10%), I think you'll find that every other player has a sell on value. All of the foreign signings from last season are certainly worthy of PL status-All would leave if the right offer came in. Gil looks to already have brokered a deal. Grealish would also be an asset to many other PL sides and may well (understandably) be tempted to put his own career ahead of his love for Villa. I know if it was my son, that is what I would be advising him. Bacuna obviously wants out. Westwood has been linked with other sides.

You are being naïve If you think that there won't be interest, both from the PL and abroad. You are also being naïve if you think last season has sold the club to any of the players.

Nobody has suggested there will be a stampede of PL clubs at RDM's door-Simply that 90% of the players would be trying for a move if possible. This is exactly the type of hyperbole that is all too frequent on this forum.

2 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Simply that 90% of the players would be trying for a move if possible. This is exactly the type of hyperbole that is all too frequent on this forum.

Some yes, 90%, no chance.  Players see positive change with new ownership, new ambition, new management - quite a few will want to stick around to see what unfolds and maybe hitch a ride. It is not beyond the realms of possibly Villa could be top half of the premiership again in 3 or so years if Tony is true to his word.

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Some yes, 90%, no chance.  Players see positive change with new ownership, new ambition, new management - quite a few will want to stick around to see what unfolds and maybe hitch a ride. It is not beyond the realms of possibly Villa could be top half of the premiership again in 3 or so years if Tony is true to his word.

Some will definitely be here next season, hitching a ride. It doesn't mean that they won't be open to or indeed exploring opportunities this summer. The new ownership and new ambition will be a plus point but the two deciding factors will be money and platform. I suspect that those with relegation clauses will be wanting to negotiate higher deals than the clause permits, using the bartering tool of other offers in order to achieve the goal.

It is also being a tad optimistic to expect any player to turn down the chance of PL football if the opportunity arose-Just as we cannot tempt any PL player who is in the starting 11 to drop down. (Elphick was not in the starting 11)

I'd say they would all be testing the water-They'd be stupid not to. Some will stay, some will go. Hopefuly it will be the right ones that go and not the foreign batch from last summer.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 00:37, GENTLEMAN said:

He could out-skill both Best and Mcmanaman put together. :D 

Funny I watched a couple of videos of Best last night and could scarcely get my breath.  The video here barely kept me watching until the end !

No doubt he has talent, (although how much will ever come out is really still conjecture IMO), but in this day and age, when defenders aren't allowed to tackle, he really needs about 1,000,000% more end product to even be within a mile of Best, and others.

Fingers crossed though, if he has grown up,(massively) and applies himself, we could have a player that would be, to coin a phrase, like a new signing.  Then in a couple of years or so there might be a comparison to be made, at least it is a possibility.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I am actually suprised he hasn't handed in a transfer request I wAs really expecting him to so refit to him for that.

What has he actually DONE in the game for us to be so scared of things like this just yet? lol . At this stage it's still mostly hype from us more than anything else to be honest.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â