The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

For what it's worth I wasn't trying to excuse it away. I thought I had made that clear when I said he has to take the lion's share of responsibility for his own dreadful season. 

What I am saying is that on top of that there were circumstantial issues, which combined with his own disciplinary problems added up to a very disappointing season for him. Those shouldn't be ignored when assessing his potential. If you're not willing to take those into account, fair enough. I thought they were worth a mention anyway. 

That wasn't a reference to your post.

• Like 1

Potentially could be the best player in the league next season. 

I think he's learnt his lesson and I don't expect the same mistakes as last year. 

Sounds like RDM rates him and I think sherwood shows thats the best way to get the best from him. Grealish let himself down but Garde was such an awful negative manager he'd have had little chance to shine under him. 

huge season for the guy and I think he could make a similar impact to what Carroll did in that season Newcastle were down the last time being a home grown player

crucial he surrounded by good pros maybe like Elphick and not clearings in the woods like he was last season

• Like 1

On 19/06/2016 at 16:56, DCJonah said:

Potentially could be the best player in the league next season. 

I think he's learnt his lesson and I don't expect the same mistakes as last year. 

Sounds like RDM rates him and I think sherwood shows thats the best way to get the best from him. Grealish let himself down but Garde was such an awful negative manager he'd have had little chance to shine under him. 

Hopefully you are right, I would love Jack to come back and prove his worth to the cause and help fire us back up the league. Thankfully, We have not seen any dodgy pics of Jack on holiday yet, so fingers crossed he is behaving a lot better this summer and looking after himself. A lot of his bad reputation came from that photo last summer where he was passed out on the floor drunk, from that point on every time he goes out and is pictured with a smile on his face people assume he is on the piss again, even if in reality he is being moderately well behaved. That was always my fear when that piucture leaked last summer. It winds the fans up, and turns them against him.

Jack is a young lad, and deserves another chance at our club in my opinion. I don't place him in the same category as the more senior pros who should know better (naming no names), and have already had numerous chances. Surround him with better influences and role models and we will give Jack a better chance to take the next step in his development.

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Thankfully, We have not seen any dodgy pics of Jack on holiday yet, 

He has been abducted, put in a straight jacket and locked in a shed on BMH.....only to be let out when the players return to training.

There will be no dodgy pictures......by order of the politburo.:)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has been abducted, put in a straight jacket and locked in a shed on BMH.....only to be let out when the players return to training.

There will be no dodgy pictures......by order of the politburo.:)

Haha, I thought he had been quiet this summer.

On a side note, when do the players return to training? I am just hoping they have left Jack enough supplies to make it through until then,  with all the redundancies he may have been forgotten.

• Like 1

Imagine how hard it is as a parent to pull your lad in line when he earns more a month than you do a year and he will in a year earn more than you probably do in ten.

Nobody is responsible for his behaviour other than the man himself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Imagine how hard it is as a parent to pull your lad in line when he earns more a month than you do a year and he will in a year earn more than you probably do in ten.

Nobody is responsible for his behaviour other than the boy himself.

Just corrected a bit

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2016 at 04:32, Butterfingers said:

I currently suspect that over 90% of the squad are trying to engineer moves away from the club 

So we have approximately 3 players who want to stay ?????Really ????

So according to you, we are F----D

Yes really

You don't seriously think that any one of our players would turn down the opportunity of Premier League football and a minimum of £1million per year (that's £4million over the length of a contract) because they love and feel loyalty to good old Aston Villa do you?

Whether they'll get offers is another thing but don't kid yourself that their agents won't be touting them.

Â