The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I would be staggered if any half decent PL club are him. The little bit of ability he has shown isn't enough to excuse lying pissed up in a gutter. Lets forget about the fact he is one of ours, lets imagine he was playing for someone else, how would we view him? A young kid with a couple of half decent performances (because thats all they were) giving it the billy big bollox, making the front page more often that the back, Nile Ranger anyone? I think he needs to grow up before anyone will take a punt on him

All that said, I would like him stay, i think if he grows up and realises that he is a long, long away from having "made it" he could be a very good player, but i honestly wouldn't be to upset if he did leave, not least because if he really thinks that he has now outgrown us on the back of half hour against sha, it suggests to me that he has literally disappeared up his own arse. 

Pretty much my opinion on the matter.

I wouldn't be too bothered if he did leave to be honest, he has bags of potential but is yet to show it.

Could easily end up going the way the Moore brothers went if he doesn't focus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrUnKeNbUm said:

Pretty much my opinion on the matter.

I wouldn't be too bothered if he did leave to be honest, he has bags of potential but is yet to show it.

Could easily end up going the way the Moore brothers went if he doesn't focus.

I would have thought someone with your username would be sticking up for him :P

One of our best players and I wouldn't even entertain the idea of letting him go, unless someone offered us a staggering amount of money. As long as he's given a run in the team he will prove to be very affective. Goals-scoring isn't his forty but I predict that he'll get into double figures next year.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Was Drinkwater not influential in them winning the league. That's the impression I get from Leicester fans. For such an amazing contribution I would have thought that he'd deserve a place in the team, over someone who hardly played this season, and I like Wilshere as a footballer when he's fit.

And he was poor when he played for England which at the end of the day is what matters. How much Wilshere played this season is largely irrelevant, he is fit now and that is what matters and he is clearly a good footballer when fit which you readily admit. Wilshere is fit now so that is what matters not whether he was fit 5-6 months ago. 

• Like 2

Haven't most player been poor when they've played for England recently, I don't think a couple of friendlies is enough to judge Drinkwater. To he honest I'd probably have Drinkwater in the squad ahead of Henderson.

44 minutes ago, useless said:

One of our best players and I wouldn't even entertain the idea of letting him go, unless someone offered us a staggering amount of money. As long as he's given a run in the team he will prove to be very affective. Goals-scoring isn't his forty but I predict that he'll get into double figures next year.

There is probably only you and one other that truly "understands" the real Jack, and thinks he is one of our best players :P

5 hours ago, BOF said:

When Wilshere gets in over Drinkwater, that tells you all you need to know about Woy.

When [a talented, cultured midfielder with injury problems who has extensive Champions League and international experience] gets in over [a man with no European experience who looked hopeless in all two of his caps], that tells you all you need to know about Woy. 

• Like 1

The incident where Jack was photographed lying in the street drunk was a year ago, almost to the day. 

Is it a relevant conversation piece now? I ask that as somebody who was extremely disappointed, but shit man, it feels like such a long time ago now. Life moves on. 

Jack now has a fantastic opportunity to turn his career around and show the footballing world what he can really do.  His recent England U21 call up is a good start for sure.  I really hope he kicks on with us and he could end up being player of the year in the Chamionship.  Things can change very quickly in football, just look at Delli Alli, not many at the start of last season would have predicted him going the Euro's would they?  We need 'footballers' in our team and not just sloggers and Jack appears to be our ideal number 10.  Really hope RDM, Clarke and Bond can get him playing at his best.

And to redeem himself he gave us 30 mins against sha before (allegedly) throwing his toys out the pram when Sherwood got sacked. Honestly mate, what we be saying about this kid if he played for someone else?

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

And to redeem himself he gave us 30 mins against sha before (allegedly) throwing his toys out the pram when Sherwood got sacked. Honestly mate, what we be saying about this kid if he played for someone else?

So what do you suggest? Get rid?  I think we have far more problems with our current squad than Grealish.  I would rather see how he responds during pre season and if RDM thinks he's an asset to have, I for one will be right behind him.   Can we not just look forward and see what happens, rather than carrying on about past misdemeanours? 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

So what do you suggest? Get rid?  I think we have far more problems with our current squad than Grealish.  I would rather see how he responds during pre season and if RDM thinks he's an asset to have, I for one will be right behind him.   Can we not just look forward and see what happens, rather than carrying on about past misdemeanours? 

I'm not totally against what you are saying but if you adopt that view for him, why not for all of them, then we are back to Square One.  Surely the whole point is to definitely 'carry on about past misdemeanours', and use that to judge who stays.

Should he be treated differently from some of the worst (about 4/5 of them who surely MUST go) ? - probably Yes.  Is he in the next bracket of undesirable, based on the past ? probably Yes, he certainly hasn't covered himself in glory on or off the pitch. Does that mean he must go ? Probably no, but on the same basis there's a fair few others who merit a 'last chance'.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The incident where Jack was photographed lying in the street drunk was a year ago, almost to the day. 

Is it a relevant conversation piece now? I ask that as somebody who was extremely disappointed, but shit man, it feels like such a long time ago now. Life moves on. 

A bit like my point above, would you argue the same for Lescott and his car, Gabby and his pipe, Guzan and the dugout, and so on and so on.

I think the whole of the last few seasons and all the micro incidents and micro behavioural things have contributed to a position where we as a Club were an embarrassment.  I'm not sure there can be a wiping of the slate if we hope to cleanse the Club culturally.  SO for me it is more a question of how negative was the particular 'contributions' of the people concerned, rather than how long ago it was.

• Like 1

People are reading way too much into that picture. If he had changed the profile picture from one kissing the badge you might get my attention but pure conjecture.

He has potential and could probably do exceptionally well playing in the championship next season. I do not think a "top" club would take the gamble on him and if he gets a whiff of Villa splurging the cash and looking to get back on top over next few years he might be happy to stick it out. I do sincerely hope being round the England kids has helped put his head back in the game.

However, if he wants the cash and Stoke/West Brom/West Ham/whoever wants to give it to him I would happily let him go. Only the players that want to be here 100% deserve to be here and if he can't give that let him go, I have not got time for praying about trying to keep someone that doesn't want to. Same applies to every player and I am sure that will be what RDM will be saying to them all soon if not already. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

You've used a very important word there, allegedly. Mostly alleged on twitter. 

I'm not trying to argue he had a good season, far from it. He doesn't play for somebody else, if he did I'd probably be wondering what happened to him this season but not paying much attention beyond that. 

I don't judge him on last year, he was injured for most of it and coming back from injury and back into a side that was one of the worst teams in Premiershipshipship history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

A bit like my point above, would you argue the same for Lescott and his car, Gabby and his pipe, Guzan and the dugout, and so on and so on.

I think the whole of the last few seasons and all the micro incidents and micro behavioural things have contributed to a position where we as a Club were an embarrassment.  I'm not sure there can be a wiping of the slate if we hope to cleanse the Club culturally.  SO for me it is more a question of how negative was the particular 'contributions' of the people concerned, rather than how long ago it was.

You seem to answer yourself in the second paragraph, so I'm unsure what your counter argument is. 

In the grand scheme of things it wasn't a particularly negative contribution at all. It was irrelevant. 

16 hours ago, rubberman said:

Because money.

And playing in the premier league.

Why wouldn't he want that?

He's already getting paid well.

What I'm saying is he is a Villa fan. It's not a pr stunt. He grew up Villa mad.

Surely you'd want to get the shirt on fight for the cause and get us back up. Getting paid handsomely to save your club. Why wouldn't he want that?

It would be his first proper full season to. Play a blinder, you're already in the shop window.

He isn't 29, and it won't be his last chance to play in the prem.

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It would be irrelevant if he'd shown a significantly better attitude / work ethic since then, but there have continued to be incidents and he doesn't appear to have changed, so it remains relevant. 

Â