The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I get the impression that he'll be impressed by the RDM / Clarke combo and that they might be able to get the best out of Jack with a balance of kick up the arse and backing him.  I certainly hope so anyway.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Selling him now would be completely stupid.

Selling him for £5m would be borderline insane.

5 mill is laughable

It would be just as bad as when we sold Cahill for that amount if not worse

No reason to sell now. We have an owner who will potentially turn us into a buying club rather than a selling but more importantly than that we have a season in a lesser league to really give him a chance to show what he can do.

• Like 1

If he goes, it'll will cut my last thread of traditional football love that I cling on to.

A genuine Villa fan, from a genuine Villa family. A new dawn beginning, and a real chance to roll his sleeves up, get us back up and become a hero. Why wouldn't he want that?

4 hours ago, villan_007 said:

If he goes, it'll will cut my last thread of traditional football love that I cling on to.

A genuine Villa fan, from a genuine Villa family. A new dawn beginning, and a real chance to roll his sleeves up, get us back up and become a hero. Why wouldn't he want that?

Because money.

And playing in the premier league.

Why wouldn't he want that?

He won't be actively sold, there's no doubt in my mind about that. If someone comes in for him, well, we know how quickly players love to leave Villa.

Anyway, yes he's had a very disappointing season but I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with a competent backroom set-up and (hopefully) new teammates around him. 

Selling him would be mad! I know this will sound daft but it's no coincidence that his best form and link up play were when he was playing with good footballers. Ie Delph, benteke and Gil. He won't flourish if he has to link up with players like Gestede. They don't compliment each other.

Sort our defensive problems so we don't have to defend with 11 men behind the ball and play him behind a striker like a Sturridge (a complete footballer) and he will flourish IMO.

It'll be largely down to money.  We know his greedy agent will be scouring the Premier League looking for a bumper deal.  It's then down to the size of that deal and how much Jack wants to play in the Premier League over playing for Villa.  I really hope he stays.

I do wonder how much of an effect it has on a player if he posts a relatively innocuous picture like the above, and then the more militant trolls interpret it as a thinly-veiled leaving picture and go on the vicious attack.  It wouldn't surprise me if a player, particularly a young player who has had more than his fair share of trolls recently (deservedly or otherwise), turns around and says 'sod this I'm out of here, if that's what the fans think'.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

No reason to sell now. We have an owner who will potentially turn us into a buying club rather than a selling but more importantly than that we have a season in a lesser league to really give him a chance to show what he can do.

Agreed. Players like Grealish and Traore obviously have shown glimpses of what they can do. Selling either cheap would be silly. If they turn out great, they can lead us to the Premier League. If they turn out to be shit players, we might lose a few million on them - which hopefully is irrelevant with the new owner. The risk/reward of holding on to them leans far more to the reward side of the scale.

Edited by kurtsimonw

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I do wonder how much of an effect it has on a player if he posts a relatively innocuous picture like the above, and then the more militant trolls interpret it as a thinly-veiled leaving picture and go on the vicious attack.  It wouldn't surprise me if a player, particularly a young player who has had more than his fair share of trolls recently (deservedly or otherwise), turns around and says 'sod this I'm out of here, if that's what the fans think'.

It undoubtedly must have an effect on a player, especially for a player like Jack that largely has the experience of just Villa fans (from a club perspective) following his social media accounts.

Whilst I've little doubt that fans of all clubs would react largely in the same way, it doesn't necessarily mean that Grealish would see it that way. He may think it's a characteristic of Villa fans only.

Having said that, one could argue that having public social media accounts is always likely to yield such results. 

2 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Meh, he would be easily replaced. If we get an offer of £15m plus and he wants out then get it done asap.

Would you have said this last year prior to Jack remembering that he is actually English?

Would you have said this last year prior to Jack remembering that he is actually English?

Eh he has shown himself to be an idiot off the pitch and has been crap on the pitch regardless of his international allegiances. He could still turn out to be a good player but to date all I can class him as is a below average player with a shit attitude and that's why I'd take a decent offer for him and replace him with someone more proven.

Â