The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

Have we? I’ve been watching Villa for over 50 years and he's in the same category as God and Sid for me in terms of ability. I hope we have another Jack on the conveyor belt but I very much doubt we have unfortunately.

Yes! We have loads. 

35 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

How is an underachieving club supposed to become an achieving club if Jack, as it's best player, leaves. As I said we were looking to kick on that year, we had spent, we have ambitious owners who were obviously going to spend even more, there was talk of European places. But no, he couldn't wait, and he set us back by how many years by leaving? No quality player is going to come to a selling club, and it's taken us until now to reestablish the credibility of our ambitions.

Nah, f**k him.

Its not grealish and villa though

That is football, that's why it's bollocks, football as an open competition is dead

We are a million **** miles off man City in a race that is rigged to favour them not us

City will be in big for Bellingham this summer not sure if they need to sell Jack to fund it tho.

Not sure When's the 'right time' or 'optimal' time to cut there losses I guess they will be atleast listening to offers this summer for him and see if the numbers work. 

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

City will be in big for Bellingham this summer not sure if they need to sell Jack to fund it tho.

Not sure When's the 'right time' or 'optimal' time to cut there losses I guess they will be atleast listening to offers this summer for him and see if the numbers work. 

The numbers is the problem. Maybe 2 clubs could afford that actually want him. He wont be going abroad so is stuck in England

2 teams are Chelsea and maybe Newcastle

17 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Newcastle 

6 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Yikes, I didn’t expect to start all of this.

I should probably clear it up. I don’t despise Jack as a person, nor as a footballer. It was the wrong word. I wish him no ill will.

I do despise the decision he made, stringing the fanbase along. But as others have pointed out, it’s probably more the fault of modern football than Jack himself.

He came nowhere near to what Delph did imo.

It hurt more because of how good he was for us, loyal boy with DS etc and at the time we were on a good path.

A player of his quality under a manager of Emery's quality usually gets you european football so that's why I'd be excited by him coming back.

Surely aswell you'd be naive to think when he signed the deal in 2020 there wasn't any release clauses in the deal. Most players have them but Spurs probably set the Kane one at 200m so no one would pay that and will wait until he has 12 months left. Not sure with Zaha at Palace but he already had a taster with Man. United which went badly wrong so probably wasn't that desperate to move when he signed his deal.

Edited by VillaChris

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Most players have them but Spurs probably set the Kane one at 200m

Nah its agents that set them and Kanes agent is his brother so Levy can ask what he wants 😂 

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t care what your thoughts are on him, he should be starting for England, similar to the role Griezmann plays for France.

I honestly think we’d have won a tournament by now with a manager that played him more. 

Got me thinking, imagine Deano in charge of England. If there was anybody who knew how to get the best of Jack, it's him.

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Got me thinking, imagine Deano in charge of England. If there was anybody who knew how to get the best of Jack, it's him.

Wouldn't wish it upon him. They press normally chew up and spit out England managers with glee. What they did to Sir Graham Taylor was criminal.

• Like 2

Anyone suggesting he should be starting after the season he's been having have an unhealthy obsession with him.

Had an awful season and shouldn't even have been picked for the squad.

Â