The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It’s possible for more than one player to be excellent. 

It’s possible for players to be excellent and not score. 

It’s possible for players to Score and not be excellent

VT is weird

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s possible for more than one player to be excellent. 

It’s possible for players to be excellent and not score. 

It’s possible for players to Score and not be excellent

VT is weird

spacer.png

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

5-0 vs Copenhagen,No assist or goals. 

I wouldn't take him to the world cup. 

If they score 4, 5 or 6 goals each game, and he doesnt score or assist, surely they're ok with that.

They only managed one goal against us and Grealish didnt feature.

4 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

5-0 vs Copenhagen,No assist or goals. 

I wouldn't take him to the world cup. 

Did you watch the game? He was excellent. I thought us Villa fans saw through that no goals/assist ruse when it comes to Jack.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Did you watch the game? He was excellent. I thought us Villa fans saw through that no goals/assist ruse when it comes to Jack.

But he had end product here the goals/assists can testify. Yeh he got Motm but that was because he played better than his usal useless self but that is still way below the Villa Grealish. 

I mean cmon it's Copenhagen and nothing. 

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

But he had end product here the goals/assists can testify. Yeh he got Motm but that was because he played better than his usal useless self but that is still way below the Villa Grealish. 

Was UEFA's man of the match. Doubt they would give him a sympathy award

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This is what drives me mad, and I've said it here before. We spent years as Villa fans defending Grealish from this same criticism because it isn't his game.

Now the same fans are using it as a stick to beat him with. It's really weird.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

So no then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it's not though is it?

it's a champions league game which is unfortunately everything 

There a shit team from Denmark lower championship level. 

And Jack can't even score or assist on that level. 

But I guess his Motm award vs a substandard team will go down in history. Oh and don't forget his high whoscored rating from dribbling into the box over and over. 

11 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

But I guess his Motm award vs a substandard team will go down in history. Oh and don't forget his high whoscored rating from dribbling into the box over and over. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just came in to see Rob's daily take on Jack.

While I'm here. Remember there used to be a discussion about whether Maddison or Grealish was the better player? And then Grealish had that season that ended in him going to City and everyone laughed at Maddison even being near Jack's level. And now Maddison is the new nation's darling in that he is banging them in and there's (rightly) a clamour for his inclusion in the England squad. I imagine a poll on who the better player is would probably be a lot closer now because recency bias and people generally being idiots. I guess what I'm saying is environment matters. I think Jack needs to get out of City. It doesn't suit him. That doesn't mean he's not good enough. The same way Ibrahimovic didn't suit Barcelona. Go somewhere you'll be used properly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

Just came in to see Rob's daily take on Jack.

While I'm here. Remember there used to be a discussion about whether Maddison or Grealish was the better player? And then Grealish had that season that ended in him going to City and everyone laughed at Maddison even being near Jack's level. And now Maddison is the new nation's darling in that he is banging them in and there's (rightly) a clamour for his inclusion in the England squad. I imagine a poll on who the better player is would probably be a lot closer now because recency bias and people generally being idiots. I guess what I'm saying is environment matters. I think Jack needs to get out of City. It doesn't suit him. That doesn't mean he's not good enough. The same way Ibrahimovic didn't suit Barcelona. Go somewhere you'll be used properly.

Just laughing at the first bit mate ;)

Don't care about the other bit

• Like 1

I think the first minute goal at Wolves has lifted his confidence massively and to be fair he needed it badly because his performances this season have been mediocre at best.

He was more like the Jack of old (Villa) against Man Utd and by all accounts had a very good game last night against Copenhagen (I didn't watch) where he got MOTM, so maybe he's finally turning a corner.

One goal and zero assists in this Man City team though is terrible but I can look past that if he's playing to the levels he was with us, IE assisting the assist (so to speak), dribbling, taking players on, basically getting people off their seats..

He hasn't done that at City yet and although not really his fault - the £100M fee is laughable. Although no one is really laughing. We're much poorer without him and a lot of City fans will expect much, much more for a "£100 mil" player.

Still hoping he fails miserably and can honestly say I wouldn't want him back. Ever. (Not that I can see that happening anyway). Call me bitter. But I hate the thought of City (& JG) lifting the Champions League. 🤮.

I will "just about" support him when he wears white of England - but even that's a chore given we have the word removed Southgate in charge 🤬.

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Who they played is irrelevant

He's playing in the champions league, we are not

Â