The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I thought his second half was very good

He wasn’t terrible by any stretch, it’s more the style of play that makes me sad to see. As a defender you know it’s unlikely he’s going to try and take you on

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He wasn’t terrible by any stretch, it’s more the style of play that makes me sad to see. As a defender you know it’s unlikely he’s going to try and take you on

To be fair the way teams defend against City there just isn't room for him to beat 1 or 2 players like he did with us.  I think they will still try and play more to his strengths now they have a proper striker but still won't be as swashbuckling as he was with us.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair the way teams defend against City there just isn't room for him to beat 1 or 2 players like he did with us.  I think they will still try and play more to his strengths now they have a proper striker but still won't be as swashbuckling as he was with us.

There was a moment in the game at the weekend that summed it up. He was out wide at the ball went down the line to him, he dummied it and rolled off the midfielder, then went sprinting into the opposition half towards the box, full speed. Then he was 1 on 1 with the defender with space in behind, he stopped, put him foot on the ball and looked for a safe pass. 😭 It was sad to see, especially as he got tackled.

I wish someone had the clip on twitter.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

He’s a shadow of the player he was for us. I imagine it’s frustrating for him having to force himself to play low risk passes all the time.

He doesn't try to get past defenders anymore. That was made him that extra good for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

7 posts in here since Friday, and you think it's other people that are obsessed ;)

**** it, if you can't beat em, troll em

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

On the bench today, been replaced by Mahrez. If he has a good game, Grealish may be warming the bench the next few games, which is unfair as he plays well with Haaland, bet he's well gutted.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do you really believe this?

He's out with a "knock" apparently so unless it's the shinsplints again I get the feeling he didn't fancy it today and Pep probably didn't want a key player potentially getting serious injury early on in season so was happy to rest him.

It was a stupid thing to say so Newcastle crowd and probably some of their players would've been on to him from first minute and he'd have been kicked more than usual.

Â