The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You really think that during the title celebrations Jack Grealish is making serious insinuations about the contribution of his teammates?

And presumably that Bernardo Silva is doing the same thing, suggesting that it's better that Grealish wasn't on the pitch, presumably because he's so bad?

Things behind the scenes must be really terrible at Man City. They all hate each other.

Have any of you ever had a group of friends? :D 

Clearly not as popular as you, o' righteous one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You really think that during the title celebrations Jack Grealish is making serious insinuations about the contribution of his teammates?

And presumably that Bernardo Silva is doing the same thing, suggesting that it's better that Grealish wasn't on the pitch, presumably because he's so bad?

Things behind the scenes must be really terrible at Man City. They all hate each other.

Have any of you ever had a group of friends? :D 

No, never mentioned anything about his teammates. He just generally gives off huge dickhead vibes, and calling out Almiron was unnecessary and very prickish.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

K.

It wasn't a dig at people not having friends. My point was to think about how you interact with your friends. I make jokes like that with my friends all the time. Shove a microphone in front of me when I was drunk and I'd rip the piss out of my teammates. It's what mates do.

People are taking it really seriously like it was a deliberate dig at his teammates :D 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't a dig at people not having friends. My point was to think about how you interact with your friends. I make jokes like that with my friends all the time. Shove a microphone in front of me when I was drunk and I'd rip the piss out of my teammates. It's what mates do.

People are taking it really seriously like it was a deliberate dig at his teammates :D 

Lads, ennit.

His antics never bothered me much when he was at Villa, and I couldn’t care less how he behaves now, but in general I’d say that look is a bit harder to pull off when you’re an squad player not living up to your price tag than when you’re the undisputed star of your team.

Which is why it’s kind of easy to make fun of it now. And that’s all it is, really. It’s not bitterness or double standards. It’s fun. Which is okay.

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know it wasn’t a deliberate dig as the guy was right there, it was just an odd one to make a joke about a player having a ‘mare when he didn’t even get a single minute.

By all means take the piss out of hair or his shoes or something. But the whole “we only won ‘cos you came off” just didn’t make sense.

Just now, Genie said:

I know it wasn’t a deliberate dig as the guy was right there, it was just an odd one to make a joke about a player having a ‘mare when he didn’t even get a single minute.

By all means take the piss out of hair or his shoes or something. But the whole “we only won ‘cos you came off” just didn’t make sense.

Does it need to make sense if it's just a joke? It's not a tactical analysis

It's a Prem win celebration and you'd expect levity, but at the same time it's a public event and the players are still representatives of their club.  Grealish alone seems to be carrying on as though he's off-duty and tucked out of the spotlight in some roped-off VIP club section, acting the giddy tաat.  He isn't, and never quite will be again, one of the lads; the daft money he's being paid by City and his other 'business partners' are meant to come with some responsibilities. Looking at the way Guardiola and many of the others are acting at this City do, it seems as though they're having to force or fake 'letting it all hang out' because being a disciplined, self-aware pro is so ingrained in them; with Grealish in full lairy lad-mode it looks as though it's the other way around.

Edited by deck
  • Like 1

Â