The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I dunno

If we'd have bought Buendia instead of barkley and put him in that bernardo silva role, 5 to 10 yard simple pass option inside of Jack playing off him then I think we would be very close to where we all want to be already 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Regardless of whether he was our star man, he betrayed us. He allowed us to think he was in it for the long haul when he really had one eye on the door the whole time. If he had been honest and said he wanted to move to win things, I’d have accepted it and wished him well but it was the deceit and the false promises and false hope that means he cannot be regarded a legend. There are plenty of players who left Villa for bigger things that still get plenty of respect but the reason Jack gets stick is the way he went about it. 

It pays well to feign loyalty. If he said that Villa was a stepping stone (which is basically what we were to him) then he wouldn't have got all the adulation he had with us. I don't think Kane will ever get that back at Spurs after last summer for example.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It pays well to feign loyalty. If he said that Villa was a stepping stone (which is basically what we were to him) then he wouldn't have got all the adulation he had with us. I don't think Kane will ever get that back at Spurs after last summer for example.

It depends though. Gerrard got Liverpool fans back onside

1 hour ago, Django_Zooms said:

Grealish also said that he has never won a trophy on the last day of the season. What about May 27 2019??!!

He’s thick as mince and only interested in sucking up to City fans 

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Saying that the winning the play offs is a trophy is a bit tin pot tbh. It was a good achievement but not exactly winning the premier league.

It’s more that he’s deliberately obscuring that outcome. He doesn’t need to mention us but he continues to do so. He could easily say I’m focused on winning the league on the final day regardless of the opposition. 

To be fair,  he said to win a title on the last day. Play off winners is not really a league title.

Can't say he said anything out of turn, but pretty sure there is no way he's starting against us anyway.

He was great for us! One of our best ever players without a doubt.

However he is now playing against Villa, he’s not “one of us” he’s a player…a player that swapped possibly legendary status at his boyhood club for a bit part play in a trophy winning franchise. 

If they win of Sunday it won’t be an Aguero moment there will be nothing special about it and the rest of football will forget what happened by the start of June.

However an Aston Villa player scoring a winner or an equaliser will go down in Liverpool  history in the same way as Bosco Jankovic is fondly remembered here.

UTV

10 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

He was great for us! One of our best ever players without a doubt.

However he is now playing against Villa, he’s not “one of us” he’s a player…a player that swapped possibly legendary status at his boyhood club for a bit part play in a trophy winning franchise. 

If they win of Sunday it won’t be an Aguero moment there will be nothing special about it and the rest of football will forget what happened by the start of June.

However an Aston Villa player scoring a winner or an equaliser will go down in Liverpool  history in the same way as Bosco Jankovic is fondly remembered here.

UTV

You are right, there will never be an Aguero moment for city again, even if they do score a last minute winner that takes the title away from a Liverpool team that had already won their game. 

But it would be remembered. Especially if it was Grealish scoring it.

I honestly couldn't really care less who wins, don't like either club.  I'd probably go with Liverpool as it means we'll have got something against City and hopefully improved our finishing league position. 

16 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Imagine if Villa beat City on final day and Liverpooh win title.

I know its unlikely but just imagine

If Liverpool lose against Southampton then Villa will have to give City, and Grealish, a guard of honour in the last game.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Saying that the winning the play offs is a trophy is a bit tin pot tbh. It was a good achievement but not exactly winning the premier league.

It would be for some but him being the captain of his alleged boyhood club and getting them promoted would surely be something that would stick in your mind. Sure even his last day goal to keep us up vs West Ham should be more treasured than winning the league with the richest team in the league

Â