The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Good.

He deserves it and Villa fans present should be pleased for him.

We wouldn't even be playing Man City if it wasn't for him

I don’t think anyone that says “I’m in it for the five year project” “my city, my club blah blah blah” whilst then inserting a release clause fully knowing he will probably leave within the year deserves anything other than being called a liar liar pants on fire 😂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Who cares?

Doesn't change the fact that we'd be championship at best without him, and possibly in financial ruins/further down the leagues as worst case. His contribution to getting us in the PL and keeping us there far outweighs anything he said.

Kin hell we got ripped off then as him playing alone against 11 men every week was some feat! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Who cares?

Doesn't change the fact that we'd be championship at best without him, and possibly in financial ruins/further down the leagues as worst case. His contribution to getting us in the PL and keeping us there far outweighs anything he said.

Thought you were joking earlier. **** sake 

I remember Jack saves in the West Brom shootout and his defensive performance in the Playoff final when Mings got injured and all them goals he scored dressed as Tammy Abraham

Roy of the Rovers for the Tiktok era

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thought you were joking earlier. **** sake 

I remember Jack saves in the West Brom shootout and his defensive performance in the Playoff final when Mings got injured and all them goals he scored dressed as Tammy Abraham

Roy of the Rovers for the Tiktok era

Grealish missed 15 games through injury that season

We won 3, drew 7 and lost 5. That's 16 points from 15 games.

Across a season, that would have seen us finish 20th.

With Grealish, we got 17 wins, 9 draws in 31 games. That would have put us 2nd across a season. We also won our play off games with him.

You can pretend it wasn't down to him, but the stats don't lie.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Grealish missed 15 games through injury that season

We won 3, drew 7 and lost 5. That's 16 points from 15 games.

Across a season, that would have seen us finish 20th.

With Grealish, we got 17 wins, 9 draws in 31 games. That would have put us 2nd across a season. We also won our play off games with him.

You can pretend it wasn't down to him, but the stats don't lie.

We were 13th when he was fit and playing everyweek under the clown Bruce 

If Bruce stayed the season would it have been as successful with his one crippled centre back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Are we really now trying to argue that he wasn’t our star man? Come on guys, let it go, the bitterness is boring.

Nobody is saying he wasnt our star man but the single handed promotion thing is a bit OTT and takes credit away from Smith, Mings, McGinn, Tammy, Steer who also played huge parts in that season and then others like Whelan, Elmo, Hause, Chester, Hourihane, El Ghazi who also contributed. Probably missing a few others

• Like 1

Regardless of whether he was our star man, he betrayed us. He allowed us to think he was in it for the long haul when he really had one eye on the door the whole time. If he had been honest and said he wanted to move to win things, I’d have accepted it and wished him well but it was the deceit and the false promises and false hope that means he cannot be regarded a legend. There are plenty of players who left Villa for bigger things that still get plenty of respect but the reason Jack gets stick is the way he went about it. 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

We were 13th when he was fit and playing everyweek under the clown Bruce 

If Bruce stayed the season would it have been as successful with his one crippled centre back

Bruce also wanted to get rid of Jack - it was Smith who helped Jack immensely ultimately 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Jack Grealish showing off his slick new cut

i think he asked for a jean grey from the cartoons look

Noticed a lot of players with similar hair lines… and I’m sat here thinking how the hell has their hair grown so far onto their foreheads to be able to do that square cut off thing! 

• Haha 1

Â