The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

His career has gone completely backwards since he left us. Hasnt progressed in any capacity

He's about to win a Premier League title, how is this statement even remotely true?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He's about to win a Premier League title, how is this statement even remotely true?

Played vs Real Madrid in a champions league semi final last week

Not sure why people think him coming on as a sub is a case of "only" coming on as a sub 

• Like 2

He hasn't played as much as I thought, of their main players only Jesus and Mahrez have played less than him, then when you look at their whole squad there's only a few more that have played less than him, I think Walker, Ake, Stones, and Zinchenko.

But he's still had a decent amount of game time, hardly the bit part player that some make out, he's actually had more mins for them in the Premier League than any of his so called replacements Ings, Buendia, and Bailey have played avec nous.

• Like 2

He's at a better company with better pay better colleagues and achieving better results whilst getting a better cv with better opportunities better experiences and a higher profile in the very profession he wants to progress in.

Careers gone backwards 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's at a better company with better pay better colleagues and achieving better results whilst getting a better cv with better opportunities better experiences and a higher profile in the very profession he wants to progress in.

Careers gone backwards 

And during all that, he contributed so little, and what he has contributed has seemed out of place, that he seems like a ‘worse player’.

So I think it would be fair to say that although his career has progressed, he as a player has arguably become worse/less effective and his stock has dramatically dropped since the moment he joined City.

• Like 2

been better recently for them but he really needs to up the goals and goal contributions. He should look to emulate De Bruyne as much as possible when it comes to positioning and being able to put the ball in the net. Still got a long way to go to be able to match Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, De Bruyne numbers wise. Think he will have a better season next year but still can't see him getting better numbers than any of the aforementioned players personally

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Its remotely true in so many ways because he is playing in  better team and heres the facts

His goals are less than last year,

His assists are down from last year

His starts are down from last year

His form has been very  poor

As i said he might win a trophy but as a player and his own progression  and development  he as gone backwards.

Anyone who saying he is a better footballer than last year is lying

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Be interesting to see how many minutes he gets next season with Haaland. 

I would say he made a mistake but I don't think he cares too much collecting £350k a week 

Haaland is going to adore playing with Jack. I think that signing makes Jacks spell there make sense. Haaland will be a figure head of an attack that hasn't had one since Aguero of 2 seasons ago at least.

There will be more Pep ball but there will also be a genuine striker making the runs for Jack to find, or opening up more space for him to run at.

I think we'll see a bit of a hybrid between 2020/21 Villa Jack and the new Pep-ified Jack. Think it'll work well for him.

Sterling has one year left on his contract. Bernardo wanted out to go closer to home last year.

Foden will continue taking minutes from Jack but if they lose one or both of Sterling & Bernardo. He'll have a much bigger part to play

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Haaland is going to adore playing with Jack. I think that signing makes Jacks spell there make sense. Haaland will be a figure head of an attack that hasn't had one since Aguero of 2 seasons ago at least.

There will be more Pep ball but there will also be a genuine striker making the runs for Jack to find, or opening up more space for him to run at.

I think we'll see a bit of a hybrid between 2020/21 Villa Jack and the new Pep-ified Jack. Think it'll work well for him.

Sterling has one year left on his contract. Bernardo wanted out to go closer to home last year.

Foden will continue taking minutes from Jack but if they lose one or both of Sterling & Bernardo. He'll have a much bigger part to play

Apart from KDB, Bernardo has been their player of the season.  I'd be offering him a new contract if I was City.

Haaland will need to adapt his game playing for City.  Until now he's played in a counter attacking teams where he has space to run in behind, he won't have that kind of space with City as most teams sit deep against them.  Only time will tell, but along with his injury issues, there is every chance Haaland could flop at City.  

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Think he means that Grealish has contributed about as much as Scott Carson 

• Haha 1

Grealish won’t be getting as much game time still - he’s going to be behind both Alvarez and Foden on the left. Mahrez had an amazing season. Haaland, like Grealish last year, is signed because they can. Jack will still be dropping deep to allow the full back to overlap. The signing doesn’t elevate his game. It will be a fascinating pairing either way. But Haaland will have to massively adapt first. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Grealish won’t be getting as much game time still - he’s going to be behind both Alvarez and Foden on the left. Mahrez had an amazing season. Haaland, like Grealish last year, is signed because they can. Jack will still be dropping deep to allow the full back to overlap. The signing doesn’t elevate his game. It will be a fascinating pairing either way. But Haaland will have to massively adapt first. 

His main hope should be to convert into an 8 and be the long term replacement for Bernardo 

8 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

His main hope should be to convert into an 8 and be the long term replacement for Bernardo 

Bernardo is less than a year older than him

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bernardo is less than a year older than him

But he also wants to leave city- tired to last summer and will likely try again this time round 

Â