The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Or Liverpool, or utd, or Chelsea... Pretty much anywhere but city

This is the problem for him. He joined the only team that would stifle everything he’s good at. 

He may adapt and be great for Man City, but how boring would that be for him. 

19 hours ago, El Zen said:

Same. English teams are rivals. I wish them no success at all. 

It’s even worse here in Norway. It’s almost universially accepted outside hardcore fanbases that everyone should support whatever team is representing us in Europe. Why the f*** should I support clubs I can’t f***ing stand, and their success only makes them richer and harder for my club to surpass? 

I hope this isn’t offensive and I don’t intend it to be (I also live in a foreign country and would support this one and their teams in any country for the same reason) but I wonder if a Norwegian team does really well that has to be great for the exposure of Norwegian football and Norwegian talent? Not really sure the same can be said of premier league teams and England given 1) the profile of the premier league and 2) there are hardly any English players and their support from others in European competitions doesn’t really have any impact on those English players, their profile etc?

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I hope this isn’t offensive and I don’t intend it to be (I also live in a foreign country and would support this one and their teams in any country for the same reason) but I wonder if a Norwegian team does really well that has to be great for the exposure of Norwegian football and Norwegian talent? Not really sure the same can be said of premier league teams and England given 1) the profile of the premier league and 2) there are hardly any English players and their support from others in European competitions doesn’t really have any impact on those English players, their profile etc?

I think it depends on the country, one of my friends is happy some Irish teams go far to help the coefficient but if its Shamrock Rovers he wants nothing to do with it. So I suppose in a smaller league its good if your team is also qualifying for Europe

Issue then is Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk qualified for the group stages so took the big UEFA payday and the league has only had one other winner in the last 8 seasons {Cork who then hit financial issues} though Dundalk wasted a lot of money

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

None taken. But I don’t really give a flying duck about raising the profile of Norwegian football if the price to I have to pay is watching teams I can’t stand be succesful and win massive (in a Norwegian context) chunks of money in the process. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Football has changed but I am old enough to remember when Malmö FF went to Europa Cup final against Forest and when IFK Gothenburg won the UEFA Cup in 1982. Both were very much whole of Swedens team back then. Now I would hate to see another Swedish team than Malmö make the group stages.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Be another 4 seasons before you’re likely see Jack back in a Villa shirt I reckon, if at all.

If he tries to rock up giving it the Mr Villa in my heart shit when he's about 36 and completely physically broken looking for a few quid like Deeney at blues I'll be even more annoyed than with how he left

• Thanks 1

Everytime I watch them I think he should have more assists. He finds people in the box and they can't finish for toffee. Other players find people and they're finishing chances with an XG of 0.0000001.

Slight exaggeration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Everytime I watch them I think he should have more assists. He finds people in the box and they can't finish for toffee. Other players find people and they're finishing chances with an XG of 0.0000001.

Slight exaggeration.

He had 12 assists in like 26 appearances last season with the likes of El Ghazi, Watkins and Traore finishing. If he becomes the main man at City and they get someone like Haaland, he can get like 20.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Was quality today

The fact that Pep gave him 90 minutes looked like a vote of confidence, after a week where some of the papers, scapegoated Jack for RM's comeback.

He certainly looked a lot more energetic today and played at a tempo more reminscent of his Villa days.

He was key to the creation of City's last two goals, which transformed City's goal-difference.

Â